????

Love at First Act

 

 

YOUR POV

I woke up by a call from Sojin-unnie. Oh I so missed her already. I haven’t heard of her since the start of the classes.

“Sojin-unnie?! Ah, bogoshipeoyo!” I cried as I answered the phone.

“Aw, na do! How are you? I’m sorry I wasn’t able to call these past few days. I bet you have a lot of things to tell me already.” She said, teasingly. I guess she already knew about it.

“I’m fine, I’m doing good. Everyone has been friendly to me. But I guess you already heard about the thesis thing.” I answered while smiling to myself since the memory of last night keeps on coming back.

“Yeah, I already heard about that. So how was it? I bet you’re happy since you’re with Doojoon.” Sounded really happy for me.

“Yes, of course!!! And I just met them all last night since we already started the thesis!!!!! But unnie…”I said and cut off my sentence to inform her that there’s one thing I’m worried about.

“But what, Maya? Is there something wrong? What is it?” she asked sounding really concerned. I so love this unnie since she’s like my mom here in Korea for being so concerned to me.

“Unnie, they’ll be having a comeback next week. They’ll be having concert in Japan and an Asia tour. I’ve seen his schedule and it’s really jam-packed!!! And I even promise him that I’ll be the one who’ll adjust on his schedule. But now, I don’t know how.” I answered, sounding quite sad.

“Aww, that’ll be hard. Do you want me to talk to the Headmaster about that?”

“No, unnie. I guess I can handle it. You’ve been giving me a lot of privileges. I guess I can’t accept anything anymore. I’m really thankful for your help but I won’t be learning things if you’ll spoil me right?” I answered trying not to sound bad that I rejected her. I really want to but like I’ve said, they’ve been giving me a lot and I don’t want to take advantage on that. And besides, I already promised Doojoon that we’re going to finish it and let’s say that it is my main reason.

“Yeah, you’re right. Why do you have to act so mature than your age? I hate you. If I would offer this to anyone, they’ll be gladly accepted it but you rejected. You know what, you’re too nice. Don’t let anyone take on advantage on you.” she said trying to sound sarcastic as she said I hate you. No, I’m not being nice. I’m just doing what is right.

“Thanks for that compliment. But aniyo, unnie. I have my responsibilities to fulfill here so I need to do it. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine. Doojoon is being nice to me so I guess we’re going to finish it just in time.” I said trying to sound positive about it.

“Okay, then. Just don’t hesitate to ask me for help, arasso? I’ll be just around if you need me. Good luck! I guess I have to go now. Tch. Paper works is flooding my desk so I have to start right now. Hwaiting!” she said and I just laughed at her sudden childishness.

“Arasso unnie. Hwaiting!!! Good luck with you paper works also. Annyeong!” I said then we both hung up. I immediately prepare for school after that call. I’m feeling so blessed with what’s happening to me right now.

After being done preparing, I immediately headed to school. I always feel excited going to school. But of course not, because I’ll be sitting all day without doing anything, just plainly listening. It’s because I’m going to see Doojoon again. Well, what does he have now? I grabbed my phone from the side table and look for his schedule. Dang! He has a schedule for the whole day!!!! Oh, guess there’s no thesis making today. I sighed and suddenly felt really disappointed. But I should be used to it, there’s still a lot left. Okay, let’s just go to school now.

And as expected,there are no signs of Yoon Doojoon around. I sighed as I realized that and ducked my head in disappointment and while waiting for our professor. Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder. I'm really sure, it’s Hana unnie. I lift up my head, and we looked at each other without saying anything, just giving playful smiles to each other. Then I decided to talk.

“What do you want?” I asked pretending not to smile and sound irritated.

“Hehehe, you know too well what I want.” she answered and sit to her usual seat beside me. “Okay, talk.” She added and I just sighed and smiled at her.

“Okay, fine!” I said and come ear her, whispering as I start telling the story,”so I went there, then Doojoon picked me up from the bus stop, then we went to Cube building where they practice. So I meet the others, face to face while sweating so hard and geez, they still look hot while sweating and while wearing comfortable clothes!!! I mean comfortable as wifebeaters!!!!! I’ve got to shake hands with everyone and !!!! They are all giving me warm smiles!!! They even talked to me and what shocked me the most is Hyunseung talks to me. And that’s A LOT!!!! They asked me who’s my favorite and decided to say it’s Hyunseung and he immediately hugged me!!!! it’s not an ordinary one, but he hugged me real TIGHT!!!! They even let me watched their practice, their sing and dance routine!!!! I’ve got to hear their upcoming song!!!!! But I’ve got only to see once then we went to a room then started our thesis. Then before I left…” I cut myself because it’ll be the part she’ll get excited.

“W-wait, H-hyunseung hugged you?!!! I thought it was Doojoon. Then before you left… what happened? Yah, tell me exactly what happened!” she said, getting excited so much.

“Okay, just chill out. So before I left, Doojoon ask me to let him send me off but I rejected since I knew he’s too tired to drive. But they all got concerned to me and ask me to let someone to go with me. Hyunseung even offered to send me home and funny thing is he doesn’t have a car even thought of borrowing Doojoon’s car. So Doojoon end up sending me home.” And I smile as I remember the way he smiled at me last night. The smile that I have been waiting for to receive.

“I bet there’s something more.” She said as she noticed it. This unnie knows me too well in a short span of time!

“So before I left, I cheered them up and something from what I said made Hyunseung asked for a hug…AGAIN!” then I noticed her shocked face and her eyebrows twitch, “so he hugged me, feeling awkward again. Then suddenly…” I stopped as I noticed our professor came in already.

“Then suddenly what?” she whispered.

“Then suddenly, YOSEOB, KIKWANG, JUNHYUNG AND DONGWOON, followed and asked for a hug too. I’VE GOT TO HUG THEM…ALL!” I whispered back trying to suppress the happiness.

“MWO????????!!!!” she shouted and everyone looked at her and our professor called her.

“Ms. Choi, what’s the problem?” she asked. Good thing, this one’s quite nice.

“Oh, nothing Professor Lee. I’m sorry.” Then she bowed to her and everyone in our class. I just chuckled a bit then she sat down.

“You’ve got to hug each one of them? Yah, remembered what I asked from you the last time?” she whipered and I just shook my head because I can’t remember it.

“I told you to bring the shirt you’re wearing last night and give it to me.” she said.

“Mianhae, unnie. It’s in the laundry already. Mianhae.” I said with a pleading eyes.

“Yah, unfair! I’ll let it pass if you bring me there some other time.” she said. I really want too, unnie.

“I’ll try, unnie. But I can’t promise. By the way, Yoseob really smells nice even he’s sweating!” I said, teasing her and looked away to the front.

“Yah!” she said, nudging me. I just playfully smiled at her then we both focused on the discussion. While my focus was still on our professor, she whispered something again.

“But you know, I really thought it was Doojoon whom you like. But did you’ve got a hug from him too?” she whispered, still facing the front.

“They asked me who is the “BEST” member inmy opinion and not who I like. It’s a different thing for me, you know.” I answered, facing the front too. And I just saw her face in awe then smiled. Then after an hour of listening, well actually I’m not since my mind has been flying. I just can’t stop myself from thinking of what happened last night. And the best part of that night, as I’ve said, its not the hugs I received from every member but the smile Doojoon gave me. I smiled as that moment keeps on playing on my head.

 

------------

Hana unnie left immediately after the class ended because she’ll be attending a club meeting. And just like the first day of classes, I’m alone walking towards my locker room. As I was walking along the hall, someone grab my arm harshly out of nowhere. I immediately look who that was, and a girl, looking familiar.

Right, she’s one of my classmates. It’s Da..reum? Da…eum? I totally don’t know. But what made me remember her is that face covered with tons of make ups.

“Hi, Maya.” She greeted with an obviously fake smile then tightens her grip on my arm. I flinched. What does this girl needs from me?

“Uh..umm.. What do you need?” I asked, stuttering.

“Nothing really. I just heard you got partnered with Doojoon oppa for a thesis. You’re one lucky huh?” She said, being mean. What?! This girl called me a ?! What the hell?! Composure, Maya. You don’t need to level down yourself from this being.

“Yeah, I am. But no, I’m not a just so you don’t know. Do you even know what that means? I bet, no. So where are we getting to?” I said calmly while giving her sarcastic smile, trying to hide how painful her grip is and how her long nails start to dig into my skin. And by that calm statement, she already lost it.

“YOU, MONKEY! DON'T YOU EVER DARE TRY TO SEDUCE HIM!!!!! AND BESIDES, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM TO LIKE SOMEONE LIKE YOU. YOU OPPORTUNIST, UGLY MONKEY!!!!!!” she said, almost shouting while shaking me with her grip. Okay, a while ago, now, monkey? This girl really deserves a lot from me.

“First, as you can clearly see unless you don’t have normal eyes, I’m not a monkey and don’t even look like one. Second, I’m not opportunist. Go complain to the headmaster for accepting me here. And last, don’t worry about that seducing thing you’re saying. I’m not that kind of person so don't you dare judge me ‘cause you don’t know me.” I said calmly and smiling again there forcefully removed my arm from her grip. I obviously saw dropped her jaw and trying to saying a thing.

“Y-you… Argh!!!” then she stomped away from me. Hahaha, she totally lost it!!! Let’s annoy more this girl for insulting me.

“Dareum-ah,” I called then she faced me again, giving me the ‘what now’ face, “And I’m not ugly. If you don’t know what an ugly means, when you got home, try looking at the mirror. You’ll probably see a better example for that!” I said and I saw her she didn’t get it. OMG, so dumb! Then suddenly, she looked up to me again with a really annoyed face of her. She probably got what I meant. Then I smiled at her again, then she angrily stomping away. Sorry for insulting you but you started this. And now, I’ll be burdening myself with guilt. I really don’t want to say those but she started it. I really have to say something because I don’t want to get stepped down by someone. I guess I need to cool down myself a bit. Angry, guilt and sadness are mixing within me and that’s not a good feelings to have.

 

 

----------

I walked around the campus, trying to relieve everything I feel right now. I walked to the park inside the school and look for a place to sit. I was amazed as I saw this park since it’s my first time to be here and it’s really breathtaking. There are lots of trees shading the benches. Different species of plants are around. The ground is covered with a well-maintained grass. And how the wind blows and how it made the leaves of the trees sing is really a superb!  I guess I found the right place to unwind. I sat down at the second farthest from the crowd bench since the farthest one has a guy sleeping on it with a fedora covering his face. I ignored that guy and I proceeded with grabbing my iPod from my bag. I plugged in my earphones and start playing my iPod. I rested left arm on the armrest and leaned and rested my head on the edge of the backrest. I looked at the blue sky before closing my eyes and sinking myself into the music. The song “Calling you” by BEAST, yeah again, suddenly played as it was on shuffle. I was so absorbed by the music and realized that I’m almost half asleep. I switched and find a more comfortable place for my head to rest then one of my earpieces dropped from my right ear but didn’t bother to put it on again. I’m too sleepy to do that. Then suddenly I felt someone sit beside me. I don’t want look who that was, I was about to fall asleep already. I don’t want to ruin it. I just think it was just my imagination. Then suddenly I felt someone touched the dropped earpiece and still didn’t bother to look if it was really happening. I just really wanna sleep.

Mari eobneun neol chyeodabomyeon

Buranhaeseo gyeondil su eobseo

Jakkuman ni ireumeul bulleo bojiman

Daedapi eobneun neo

Then suddenly Doojoon’s part on that song came and I know I smiled a bit even I was almost sleeping. I just can’t help it. His smiling face that he gave me last night is just too unforgettable. Then suddenly, Yoseob and Hyunseung, well more of Hyunseung’s part came.

(Why, why, why) Jureoganeun tonghwawa malgwa mannamgwa uri shigandeul

(Never Cry) Ireohke bonaelsun eobseo

But w-wait, did someone put back my earphone on my right ear? Why did I hear singing at my right ear? But I didn’t feel something was on my ear again. And it does sound live. And it does sound exactly like… I tried to open my eyes, really curious to look where that sound exactly came from then look at my right side. I was shocked to see who it was. His head also resting at the edge of the backrest, his eyes are closed too, and the other earpiece is on him.

It was really Hyunseung. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT MAYA'S OTHER SIDE? THE BRAVE SIDE OF THE MAIN CHARACTER???? :))

[BY THE WAY GUYS, I DIDN'T MEAN TO INSULT OR BAD MOUTH ANYONE UP THERE^, the one during the fight between her and the mean girl... and the monkey thing, yeah, i've been hearing that insult to us,  to our race or let's say reading that here in the web:((( so that's what i can say about that... WE'RE NOT MONKEY AND DOESN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE ONE (*insert a clever, sarcastic smile here) sorry for mixing my emotions with my fic]

 

sorry, I REALLY LOVE HYUNSEUNG'S EXISTENCE IN MY FIC:)))

 

hope guys you're enjoying this fanfic:D

THANKS AND I <3 YOU ALL:)))

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE:))))