ASSIST

Love at First Act

 

HYUNSEUNG’S POV

It’s been days since I contacted her. I missed her a lot. But that’s the only way to distance myself from her. Why? Because I could see that Doojoon hyung is making his ways to get closer to her. No more cold treatment from him. I guess hyung is starting to acknowledge his feelings for her. That’s the reason why I’m backing off. I’m giving Doojoon hyung a way to her. But I already missed her a lot. I wanted to see her. Just a glimpse of her would be just right. And Doojoon hyung’s idea of making the thesis in our dorm is the most clever idea I’ve ever heard for the whole day. I know I would only get hurt to see Doojoon hyung and her in the same place, in our dorm, but I don’t care. I just want to be near her. As soon as we arrived in our dorm, all of us immediately hurried to go inside since everyone is tired from our schedule.

“I clearly remember that we left this dorm in a total mess. What miracle had happened here???” Yoseob said at the same time I saw her shoes in our front foyer.

“She came!!!” I shouted and immediately went to her. I looked at her and she was sleeping. I stop myself from going near her. If I went near her again, all my effort of stopping myself these days would be gone. I just stood there and stared at her sleeping figure. Damn, why does she looks so perfect in every thing she do?

“She did all of these?” Kikwang asked then suddenly I felt guilt. I only cleaned my mess. I should have cleaned the other’s.

”You two, you’ll definitely get it!!! She came and even cleaned our mess!!! Come here!!!” Junhyung shouted while chasing Dongwoon and Yoseob. Damn, why so noisy?!!

“Shhh!!! She’s sleeping. You don’t to wake her up by your noises right?” Doojoon hyung said then he went to sit and look at her. Damn it, hyung! Why you can go near her like that while I can’t???

“She’s sleeping?” KIkwang asked while it’s really obvious. Really, Kikwang?

“I guess she got tired cleaning the whole dorm. She even washed the plates!” Junhyung said while still staring at those two. I should have cleaned those, I didn’t do anything much but to sleep. This is the first time I felt so guilty of sleeping…too much.

“But she doesn’t have to do that. I felt bad suddenly.” Yoseob said while removing the strands of hair near her face. Damn it, you shouldn’t just do that! We have feelings involved here, can’t you see? Well, obviously not. Well, never mind! Then suddenly, she sneezed and rubbed her nose.

“She got a cold!!! Let’s transfer her now on the bed.” I said nervously an I went to check if she got worst than a cold.

“She also got a fever!!!” I shouted as I touched her face. I started to get nevous. What to do? Eotteoke? Eotteoke??? Damn, I can’t think straight!!!!

“Junhyung, could you sleep on my bed on the top deck for tonight? Let her sleep on your bed since your bed is the cleanest and it will be hard to transfer her if on my bed. Would that be okay?” Doojoon said calmly. How the hell he managed to be cool in times like this? Maya got a cold!!! She also have a fever!!!!! She got sick!!!!!

“Okay, hyung. Yoseob and Hyunseung are there so that’ll be okay.” WHAT WAS THAT FOR, YONG JUNHYUNG? I ignored what he said, and as I was about to come to her and volunteer myself to carry her to the bed, Doojoon hyung put his arms below her neck and thigh and lifted her up. I was taken aback with what he did. He was carrying her and all I was left to do was just stare at this painful scene. But this time, it wasn’t about my feelings. She is sick!!! Ignoring the pain, I followed them to the room without looking much at them.  

“Will she be okay there, hyung?” I said, still worry. I don’t know how to handle this kind of situation. Hyung is pretty much doing well.

“Of course, she will be. Could you get some medicine for her? It’s on the third cabinet on the kitchen and water.” He said and I immediately followed him. I wasn’t type that would just follow someone. I might be the most hard-headed person here, that’s where I got my nickname “Rancho”. But for her, I would do anything. I immediately went to the kitchen and get the things he was asking from the cabinet. Damn, since when did we have these things here? I really have no idea! I immediately went back to the room with pitcher of water. As soon as hyung saw me, he slowly lifted her, still unconscious. I stared for a while but then he ordered me to come.

“Give her the medicine and water.” Doojoon hyung ordered and I followed him without saying a word. I put the medicine in and slowly put the glass on and let her drink. How was that even possible? Drinking when your unconscious?

“Could you get the thermometer on that cabinet?” he ordered once more then I put the glass on the side table and followed his orders again without saying a word. I immediately went back with the thermometer in my hand.

“38.5. Quite high. Could you get a wet towel for her?” Doojoon hyung said and still followed it. I remember what eomma do everytime I get sick. I immediately get water and ice cubes from the fridge and put them altogether in a basin. I grab a towel from a cabinet in the kitchen and dipped it in. Then I saw Dongwoon coming to the kitchen.

“Is she okay?” he asked worriedly while getting water from the fridge. “Huh, no cold water?” he asked.

“Ah sorry about that, I have to make a cold towel for her.” I said.

“Hyung, do you really want to give her that cold towel with this kind of weather? Wait here.” he said and went to heat water.

“But that’s what my eomma do evertime I get sick.” I defended.

“Hyung, maybe because that was summer or maybe the weather isn’t this cold.” Dongwoon said while busy doing his work. Damn it, I’m really that stupid! I’m about to make her sicker!!! I just stare at what he is doing.

“Here. I hope this would make her better.” Dongwoon said as he handed me the basin with warm water and soaked towel in it.

“Ah by the way, could we switch places tonight? I want to watch over her. Please?” I asked.

“Of course, hyung! She’s really special to you, isn’t she?” he teased me and I just smiled.

“Thank you, dongsaeng! Really.” I said and I immediately went back to the room and handed Doojoon the squeezed towel.

“Please turn on the heater.” He said then I followed but then I noticed that he started taking off her jacket. You better be careful with what you’re doing hyung!!! I’m watching you! While silently watching Doojoon doing those things to her, I realized he can take care of her. He can do something to make her better. While me, me, who doesn’t know what to do in situations like this, panic immediately, and about to give her that cold towel!!!

“Hyung, I asked Dongwoon to switch places with me. I want to watch over her.” I said and he just nodded. He removed those strands of hair covering her beautiful face and that made her stirred up in her sleep. Then she snuggled close to him. We both shocked with what she did and hyung looked at me clueless and I just looked away. I can’t watch this. This is too much. It’s getting more painful and painful.

“I’ll tell everyone to sleep now.” I said and I immediately went ouside that room to see others.

“Is she getting better?” Yoseob said as soon as he saw me. Then everyone gather around me searching for an answer.

“I guess she is. Hyung is taking care of her, she should be. Ah, by the way, hyung said we should sleep now. We still have an early schedule for tomorrow.” I said and they just all nodded.

“But wouldn’t that be awkward that it’ll be the first time we’re sleeping with a girl in the same room?” Kikwang asked and everyone agreed.

“I’m watching over her so don’t you dare!” I joked and they raised their hands in the air.

“Woah, woah! You’re getting overprotective! Of course, we won’t do anything stupid. Ah~ I’m sleepy. ” Junhyung said and everyone started to change their clothes and immediately went inside the room.

“Is she okay now?” Dongwoon asked and touched her forehead. He just sighed in disappointment as he realized she’s still burning.

“How about you, hyung? Where are you going to sleep?” Yoseob asked.

“I’ll just sleep at the living room. Everyone, go to sleep now. We still have a schedule tomorrow. Sleep right away! Don’t make any noises that could wake her up, understand?” hyung said and everyone just went to their places. I lied down beside her, at Dongwoon’s bed, covered myself with the blanket and looked at Doojoon hyung and I just nod. I know he wants me to look after her. He doesn’t need to ask, I’ll do it in my own will. I faced her and stared at her.

“Hyung, staring at her won’t make her better.” Kikwang whispered.

“Yah, face the wall and get to sleep!” I whispered back. Aish, this guy!!

“Ara, ara! Good bam!” he said while giving that overrated eyesmile. Then I went back looking at her, no, watching her… Okay, staring at her.

I fixed her blanket but then I noticed her hand. Is everyone asleep now? I guess yes, they should be. Holding her hand to make her feel warm isn’t bad, I guess. Really, is it the only reason, Jang Hyunseung? Of course, it is only is! I don’t have any motive or something! Warming someones’ hand would make her feel warmer, right? I’m not planning to do anything or taking advantage of her in her sleep! Woah, waoah, you’re too defensive! No, I’m not! Then I sneakered my hands out of my blanket and slowly take her hand. I held her hand with a little pressure to fully feel her soft little hand. Fine, I’m enjoying this! I want to enjoy this opportunity, opportunity to hold her hand, even just in my own will because I know this ain’t gonna happen in reality. I know I can hold her hand like this but I’m not gonna enjoy it like this time. I’m not doing anything wrong, right? I studied her hand in my hands. It was the cutest hand I’ve ever seen and touched. It was just small, small enough to cover it while clenching with my one hand. Her palm was soft and her nails, unlike those scary pointed, long nails, she had these clean, short nails that look good on her. I didn’t notice that it was already been a while since hyung checked on her temperature. I searched for the thermometer at the side table and got it as soon as I found it. I slowly put it inside and good thing is she’s following unconsciously. After few minutes, I took the thermometer and opened the side lamp to read it. It’s… 37.9. 37.9? Finally, she’s getting better!!! Then suddenly, hyung went back inside the room. I guess to check on her too.

“Hyung, her temperature went down a bit. It’s 37.9 now!!!” I reported while trying to maintain it as a whisper. I’m just so happy that she’s getting better.

“Really? That’s great! You should sleep now, she should be better by tomorrow. We still have schedule tomorrow morning.” Doojoon said while he patted on my shoulder and smiled.

“How about you, hyung?” I asked since he still has to sleep too. He got more schedules for tomorrow than us so he needs to rest more than us.

“No, I’m okay. I should be done as soon as I put a little more on our thesis. Sleep now, okay?” he said again and I just nodded. He went to touch her forehead again I guess to check again then fixed her blanket and did the same to Kikwang. He really is the nation’s ideal guy. A good leader, a good hyung, a good nurse, everything! He knows how to take care of a girl, take care of Maya. He knows how to handle things. I’ve just realized these things. He’s good at everything. Now, I know why everyone likes him as a boyfriend and why she likes him. I should’ve known better. There’s already a winner here.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay i know i've got a lot of explaining to do... yeah and it's been 4 months since i last updated... it's been a chaotic 4 months for me..... i fell in love, had my relationship after 3 years of being single then got cheated on. kinda personal but i would to share this to you... and what happened distracted me from writing this fic... I'M REALLY SORRY:(((

but since i'm already fine, I'M BACK! HOORAY FOR ME!!!!:)))) LET'S BACK TO FAN GIRLING! OH YEAH!!!!

and Hyunseung POV for you guys! 

 

*comment and subscribe!!!!:)))