AFTER THE FEVER

Love at First Act

 

YOUR POV

“What was that loud noise?” then I slowly faced where the noise is coming from and heard my phone ringing, “who would call at this early morning?” I searched my phone under my pillow and realized it wasn’t there. I realized it was coming from my jacket hanged at the headboard.

Hana unnie calling… I immediately answered it as soon as I saw who’s calling.

“Hello, Maya! Finally! Hey, I’ve been calling since last night! Where were you?” she asked.

“Me? I’m just in my hou…” as I’m about to answer but then as I looked around… This isn’t my house! “Yeah, I’m just in my house. My phone was in silent mode so I didn’t noticed. Sorry.” I said as I immediately sat up and looked around. I slept at someone’s house?

“Okay, okay. I just got worried. I just wanted to ask you last night for a drink but never mind. I just wanted to reassure you’re fine. See you on Thursday!” then she hunged up. Ugh, I can’t remember anything! I slowly stood up but then my mind got blurred and immediately held on the bed post. As soon as I got back on my feet, I looked again at the double deck beds in front of me. 3 double deck beds?.... Gosh! I slept at B2ST dorm!!!!!!!!!

I panicked and immediately went outside the room, only to notice that there is no one here. What exactly happened last night?

“Hmm, first I went here. Then cleaned the dorm, washed the plates, folded the clothes, started the thesis, then… Damn I can’t remember what happened next. But I’m exactly sure I fell asleep at the living room, why did I end up sleeping at the bed? Someone carried me? And for what I remembered, I was wearing my jacket when I fell asleep! Someone took off my jacket? And damn, the thesis!!!!” I said as I talked to myself trying to analyze everything and immediately went to my things on the center table at the living room.

“I clearly remember that I left this laptop on when I fell asleep. Someone shut this down?” and I immediately opened it. I open our thesis file on the desktop and reviewed it to see if there are unsaved things.

“What??? Chapter three is finished??? Someone did this???” then I looked over the things he added and realized that there are a lot of it. It was hard for me to do this chapter though I did the first two chapters and yet someone finished it smoothly without my help? Then I scrolled down more then I saw a note. I’m pretty sure it was a note and not part of the work.

Hey, I already finished this chapter. Just let me know what I could help on the next chapters. Btw, are you feeling well? You’re burning with fever last night. I hope you feel better now. There’s a soup in the casserole, just reheat it. There’s also food on the table, I hope it’s still hot when you wake up. It’s been 6 hours since you took a medicine so take your medicine after you had your breakfast, okay? We didn’t wake you up when we left so you could rest more. I guess you’ve been too tired this few days and with this weather that’s why you got sick. Let me know when you need help. Take care! Rest well, okay? ^_^  --- Doojoon

“I fell sick last night. NO. I was burning with fever last night. NO. I was burning with fever last night and felt ill here at B2ST’s dorm, fell asleep, someone has to carry me to bed, took off my jacket, took care of me, then Doojoon finished the chapter. What a shame, Maya! You let this happen! You let busy, tired people do all these things and yet you’re just sleeping because you’re sick. I should have apologize, I should’ve apologized!!!” I said, covering my face with my hands in shame as I realized what had just happened. But who carried me? Who took off my jacket? Who took care of me? I guess, it’s Hyunseung oppa since he really cares a lot for me. It’s impossible if one of those boys did these even Doojoon since he’s doing the thesis that time. I should apologize and thank him! I immediately searched for my phone and started dialing Hyunseung oppa’s number. But he doesn’t answer. So I tried Doojoon’s, no answer. Junhyung’s, still no answer. Dongwoon’s, finally it rang!

“Hello? Maya? Is it you? Are you feeling well already? Dongwoon asked worriedly.

“I’m fine already, Dongwoon. I just call to apologize and thank you. Is Hyunseung oppa with you? I tried to call him but he doesn’t answer.” I said with my obvious shy voice.

“Apologize for what? It wasn’t your fault if you fell sick. And for thanking me, you’re welcome! But I didn’t do much of the work. Hyunseung hyung was sleeping that’s why.” he said.

“Just tell him, thank you for carrying me last night and taking care of me.” I said.

“No, no, no. What makes you think he carried you? Someone did those, not him.” he said.

“If it was not him, it will be impossible of one of the boys did that. He’s, like, the closest to me. Then who did that so I could thank him?” I answered, really confused.

“We could also take care of you but someone already did that. And of course, it’s Doojoon hyung!” Dongwoon answered. Wait, what? Did I just hear that right? It was Doojoon? DOOJOON????!!!

“That was Doojoon?!” I asked again, to know if I just heard it wrong.

“Yeah, it was him. He immediately carried you to bed when Hyunseung hyung realized you’re sick, even switched beds with Junhyung. So yes, you slept at Junhyung hyung’s bed. I saw Hyunseung hyung trailing behind you. Then I saw him went back and forth, I guess, trying to assist hyung on taking care of you. I even helped him on making a warm towel for you!”  he answered.

“But he’s doing the thesis that time, right?” I asked since I was still confused. It’s impossible if he took care of me. How does he do the thesis?

“Yeah, he did your thesis after he assured you’re comfortable enough and put us to sleep. He doesn’t even had a sleep.” He said then I heard someone shouted from his line. Then I heard murmurs but I didn’t understand. Doojoon didn’t had a sleep because of taking care of me and doing the thesis after? Why? I feel really ashamed now.

“What happened in there?” I asked as I heard the murmurs are gone.

“Sorry about that, Maya. I guess I’ve talked too much. Bye! See you!” then Dongwoon hung up. What was that? Back to what happened. Doojoon carried me to bed. Doojoon, took care of me when I was sick. And Doojoon finished that chapter of our thesis. But for what? Why would he do that? Does that mean he really cares for me now? No, that’s impossible. But who would do something like that if they don’t care for you. I don’t care what that means, though it’s bothering me and giving me stupid hopes. I have to thank him personally and maybe my questions would be answered. But before that, I should eat. I’m starving! Though it’s still shameful, I have to eat what they prepared. I reheated the soup and start eating what they’ve left for me. Dang! It was all good! I remember to take the medicine he said in his note but as I’m about to stand up, I noticed the medicine was already at the table beside the pitcher of water and a glass. Huh? Everything was really prepared? And now I’m starting to think if I was a heroine in my past life to have this kind of luck now.

After I ate, I dialed his number and waited for it to ring. After a few minutes, it finally rang.

“Hello?” he answered and he sounded tired.

“Hello, Doojoon?” I answered waiting for his response so I could know what to say next.

“Oh, Maya! Are you okay? Did you eat? Have you toke your medicine? Why did you call? Do you need something?” he asked, sounding worried.

“I’m fine, don’t worry. I just call you to ask if you have you’re free time today. I just want to thank you personally for last night.” I said, shyly.

“It’s nothing, no need to thank me personally. And besides, my schedule would end late tonight.” He said.

“No, I insist. Even I have to visit you in your schedule. Please?” I pleaded. I really want to see him, thank him personally.

“Okay. Are you sure you’re already fine? I’ll be free not until 10 pm, would that be okay?” he asked.

“Uh, okay! Let’s meet at a café near the university, is that okay?” I suggested.

“Okay! I have to go. Rest well before we meet. You might get sick again! Bye.” He said and hung up. And I just nodded though I know he’s not on line anymore. I should get something for him. BUT WHAT?! Think, Maya! Think! It must be something unique and yet unforgettable. But before that, I should clean everything and leave this dorm clean then go home.

As soon as I arrived home, I immediately brainstorm on what to give him. I looked around to look for an inspiration and yet I saw nothing. I went to search on net but everything was too common. It should be something I’ve work hard for. Then I remembered those lame edits I did which took me for so long to learn which basically, I’ve work hard for. Should I present him that picture collage of him I made long time ago with a message behind the picture then framed it? But I’m not yet confident enough to show to someone, to HIM! But then he said he wants a teddy bear like Hyunseung’s. How to make it distinct and different from Hyunseung’s? Okay, a hand-made bracelet for the bear will do! Let’s start this!

I looked for that collage I made, my ‘masterpiece’ as what I consider it to be then went to print it on photo paper. I went outside, thought I have take a bath just for this, to look for a beautiful frame. Luckily I live near a craft store where I saw what frame to buy and materials for that hand-made bracelet. I immediately went back home since I wasn’t used to going outside without taking a bath. And I started doing my craft.

After hours of being busy, finally I finished my gift for him. After I put it in the frame, I wrote a ‘fan’ letter for him behind the frame then wrapped it. And for the bracelet, I should go early at that store so I could think of what to do with the teddy bear.

After all the preparations, I headed to that store. As soon I got there, I looked around the store to dress up the teddy bear I got. It was a bit brown, darker than Hyunseung oppa’s bear since Doojoon looks manlier than him. For what he did… aha! I know what to dress on this bear.

After dreesing up, I went to the counter and smiled as I realized she was the same ahjumma I’ve met here.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” I greeted and give a 90 degree bow to her. She bowed a bit and smiled.

“You! Cute!” she said and pointed at the teddy bear. As she was about to put the bear in the box, I took the bracelet out of my pocket and put it on the bear’s arm and adjust the size. It was something anyone could wear since I made the side adjustable.

“This is finally for your boyfriend? There’s a bracelet!” she asked in Korean and just blushed and shooked my head.

“A-aniyo, chingu ddo. Special friend!” I blurted out not knowing if she understood what I’ve said and she chuckled.  She wrapped it in a dark gray wrapper and yet its still looks cute.  I smiled as I paid.

“Kamsahamnida!” I said and bowed again and went out of the store to head to the café near our university. Time check: 9:15pm. I still have almost an hour to wait. Okay, I wanted this so I have to be patient. I ordered a coffee and extend this until 10pm. Good thing this café is open 24 hours. This is it! Let's face after what he did for me though I still feel shameful of what happened. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEEEY A DOUBLE UPDATE TO MAKE IT UP TO YOU, MY READERS!!!!

a little cliffhanger/filler though but i'm still trying! Summer vacation is fast approaching here, YEEEESSS!!! 

 

*comment and subscribe!:)))