The start of everything

Love at First Act

 

YOUR POV

 

Finally, it’s the day of my leave. I finally made it to that exchange student program in our school. And guess what? It’ll be at Dongshin University!!! My hearts keeps beating faster and faster. Finally, my dream comes true. I’m so desperate to go to Korea. I love everything about that country. And I couldn’t even imagine I’ll be going to Korea too soon. Finally, I will be able to see my idols easily but I don’t want to expect too much. My purpose of going there is to study so I guess I will not be able to do everything. But the thought of staying in Korea is already fulfilling, how much more if I’m already there? Oh, I’m so excited!

My parents and my brother sent me off and everyone is crying since this will be the first time I’ll be away from them. I’m going to miss them so much. But I’m doing this to be a better person and to be a better daughter for them to be proud of.

It only took my travel 4 hours to reach Korea. When I step out of the arrival area, they said someone has to come to get me. Then a few steps away, I saw someone holding a signage with my name on it. I guess it’s her. I come running to her because she might be waiting for me for too long.

“You’re Maya Lim?” she asked.

“Uhm, yeah.” And I smile at her and she smiled back. Impressive.

“Welcome to Korea. I’m Sojin Kim. Just call me Sojin-unnie. I’m the one who will be assisting you throughout your stay here in Korea. I hope you’ll enjoy it here.” and offers a handshake and I took it.

“Oh, really? Thank you, Sojin-unnie. Please watch over me. Where are we heading now?”

“Come with me, we’ll be first going to report at the university and then I’ll be sending you off to the place where you’ll be staying.” Then she helps me to carry my baggage and I let her since I’m really tired from the trip.

“Okay. I’m really excited to see the school where I’ll be studying.” Then we headed outside the airport and rode her car. I was amazed by their hospitality. Koreans are starting to impress me more. Well, indeed, I’m finally here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*edited