Idol life isn't easy!

Love at First Act

 

YOUR POV

With my excitement, I woke up an hour before my alarm rings. I ate a lot for me to have a lot of energy for the whole day. I even took a lot of time to take a really nice bath to relax myself since I’ve been nervous and excited. It took me also a lot of time to choose the proper attire since they have no uniforms then I put some light make up on. Then I ended up, just in time. I went to the bus stop and rode the blue bus to my school. Thank God everything went smoothly.

As I reached the university and as I entered, I noticed that a lot of students are looking at me. I guess they’re curious who I am and what a Filipina doing here. Well, obviously I’m here to study. I just don’t pay much attention and headed to the room for my Speech and Communication class. As I reached the room, I suddenly feel nervous. I don’t know anyone here and I’m a foreigner here. Now I understand what those foreign students in our school felt. As I enter the room, I quietly looked for a seat. Then I noticed that everyone stopped what they’re doing as I enter the room. Everyone is looking at me and I just kept looking down because I don’t know what to do. I sit silently and wait for the start of the class. Then someone has approached me.

“Hello, are you the exchange student? What’s your name? By the way, I’m Hana Choi.” Then she smiles warmly and I smiled back. Thank God someone has talked to me and she speaks straight English. I almost forgot that these people were also tourism students, that’s why this one’s friendly.

“Yes I am. Maya Lim. That’s quite long, just call me Maya. Nice to meet you, Hana.” 

“Can I sit here? If that’s okay.” She said.

“Of course, that’s okay. I want a companion because I’m new here. Thanks, by the way.” then she sits beside me. A couple of minutes, the professor came. She’s Korean and speaks in Korean as she entered the room. Then she just noticed me.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t notice we have a foreign student here. If that’s the case, this class will be an English speaking class.” Then the students’ response is obviously negative just like everyone else. “Would you mind introducing yourself?” while looking at me. I stood up then everyone’s attention is on me. Oh well, I so hate getting attention!

“Hello, everyone. I’m Maya…” then suddenly my introduction is interrupted by a guy who just entered the classroom. What a nuisance! He looks familiar and as I stared at him, my hearts beats harder as I realize who he is. I..itt.ss..YOON.DOO,JOON!!! I didn’t expect it was him whom I’ll be attending the same class with!!! God knows how much I like this guy. And from this very point, I thought I’m still dreaming. I suddenly froze right on the spot while looking at him. I immediately massage my earlobe to relax myself from getting nervous too much. That’s been a habit!

“Choisonghamnida. Choisonghamnida.” He keeps on bowing to everyone else and he noticed me standing and bowed to me also. Yoon Doojoon has bowed to me. Then he sat behind my seat. I hate this, I’m already shaking!!! He’s right just behind me!!! I think my heart is going to explode already!!!!!

“You’re late again. Don’t make excuses again because you’re an idol. You just interrupted the introduction of our new student here.” She speaks in Korean in her disappointment. “You may continue.” Then I continued trying to control my shaking.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Maya Lim from the Philippines. Just call me Maya. I’m an exchange student here so I’ll be staying here for the whole semester. I hope we can all get along well. Please help me to adjust since it’s too unfamiliar to me. Hope you can teach me some Korean, too.” then I bowed at them as a sign of respect. Then everyone clapped.

“Okay,Ms. Maya. I’m Professor Junhee Park. I hope you’ll enjoy your study here. I know it will be hard but I’m expecting you to be diligently studying unlike others here.” I guess she’s pertaining to Doojoon. Poor guy, I think he’s really busy nowadays that it affects his studies. I glanced at him before I sit and I saw him staring at me. He’s staring at me with that pair of cold eyes, the first time to look at him in the eyes. It’s my first time to look at him that close and yet he looks angry at me. I suddenly feel bad. And I immediately looked away when I saw him staring at me that way. Then Professor Park starts lecturing after those introductions.

After the class, Hana cheerfully held me on my arms and asked if we’re still on the same class. Since then, I never saw Doojoon went outside. I wonder if I’m going to see him more often around.

 

DOOJOON’ POV

Aish!!!!! I’m late again!!! The practice ended so late since a new mini-album will be released. That witch is going to scold me again. Oh, not again!!!!!! She’s been doing that for the whole semester yet she never stops. She didn’t know how hard it is to be an idol and a student. I’m running and immediately open the door as I reached our class. I was rushing when I open the door and everyone looked at me. That’s good, Yoon Doojoon, you’ve got the attention again! Aish! I hate this! An endless sorrys and bows again. I bowed at everyone and at the girl standing, she’s new. Oh wait, she looks similar. When I about to recognize her, the witch interrupted and the scolding is on! When will she stop doing that? Making me embarrassed in front of the class and with this new student here.

“You’re late again. Don’t make excuses again because you’re an idol. You just interrupted the introduction of our new student here.” I just went at the vacant seat behind the new girl. As I walking towards the seat, I realized who she is. She’s a foreign student, she isn’t Korean. She’s…. the ‘well-mannered’ girl on train yesterday!

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Maya Lim from the Philippines. Just call me Maya. I’m an exchange student here so I’ll be staying here for the whole semester. I hope we can all get along well. Please help me to adjust since it’s too unfamiliar to me. Hope you can teach me some Korean, too.” Ah, she’s a Filipina. But I just can’t believe it was her. I can’t believe she’s here on my class. I just stared at her for a while trying not to be surprised that I saw her again. I guess she doesn’t recognize me at all that I was the guy from yesterday. But I noticed she was shaking and trembling hard. Is she scared of me? Is she cold? (aish, why would I even care!) Ah I know! She noticed that I’m Yoon Doojoon, the leader of BEAST, one of the guys who sang the song she enjoyed listening yesterday. She’s, indeed, a fan! I saw her shyly massaging her earlobe which I found cute. What for? I secretly smiled to myself. (Yah, I only smiled because I HAD A NEW FAN not because SHE’S THE FAN, get it?)

“Okay,Ms. Maya. I’m Professor Junhee Park. I hope you’ll enjoy your study here. I know it will be hard but I’m expecting you to be diligently studying unlike others here.” What now? Being an example as the ‘bad student’? I decided to blame my anger at her since it’s her fault why I received another annoying words INDIRECTLY! So I can also forget I’m smiling because of her. She glanced at me again and what I saw isn’t her, being shocked. More like of… pity? Oh, why? You pitied me? Oh thanks to you, I’m now the bad example! I just gave her my coldest stare. Good, Doojoon. You’re getting good at giving cold stares. Well, thanks to Junhyung! Then she just looked away and slowly sits. Does she feel bad of what I did? I shouldn’t have done that. She’s still a fan. But no! We’re not idol and fan here, we’re classmates! Then I tried to focus on the lesson, I still have a lot of things to catch up since I’ve been either absent, late or sleeping on this class. I need to graduate this year. It’s been really tiring to study and work. I love my work but I also want to finish my study. Yeah, Idol life isn’t easy.

 

 

YOUR POV

“Well, we’re on the same classes for my 4 subjects. That’ll be great!” said Hana as we’re walking. Then we both smiled at each other. We proceeded on those classes. Too bad I didn’t see Doojoon there. We’re just classmates on that one subject. I guess that’s better, I would be able to concentrate more. If we’ll be on the same class on every subject, I might end up fan girling. After classes, we proceed to the school cafeteria to have our lunch.

“Come with me. I’ll introduce you to my other friends.” Hana said. Then we headed towards the table after we grabbed our lunch set. As we reached the table, Hana introduced me to everyone on that table.

“Hey guys, it’s my new friend from my Speech class. She’s Maya from the Philippines. Let’s be friends with her since she needs a help here.” Then everyone offered a handshake and bowed at me. I did the same. It’s nice since everyone is friendly at me. Then Hana introduced them one by one. The girl on the farthest right is Sunhye, beside her is Jinhyung, in front of him is Jia and the guy at the farthest left is Joowon. Then suddenly, I noticed that Joowon is being the most friendly with me. What for?

“It’s nice meeting you guys. Hope you could help me adjust here.” That’s what I plainly said.

“Hi, Maya. Nice meeting you, too. Don’t worry, we’ll be just around if you need our help.” And then everyone teased us as they heard what Joowon said. And everyone’s slapping his arms and laughing at him. I just shyly smiled and feel relieved as everything has a good impression on me. Then they let me sit beside Joowon and everyone teased us again as I sit. What’s wrong on him being just so friendly with me? I just appreciate that everyone is nice and trying so hard for me to not to feel being left out. Everyone is talking in English which made me feel more at ease. While having a good time with them, they are teaching me some basic Koreans that I’ll be needing while staying here. These guys are just too warm. We also took pictures as I asked them so I can update my love ones in the Philippines how well my first day of school was. Then after eating, me, Hana and Sunhye went back to our classes together since we’re classmates. The classes ended and I went home with a big smile on my face.

 

As I reached my house, Sojin-unnie called.

“Hello, Maya. I just called to ask how’s your first day in the university. I’m sorry I was not able to meet you since I’ve been busy.” Unnie humbly said.

“That’s okay, unnie. Well, today’s really great and I never imagined that a lot will be warmly welcomes me and I’ve also gained new friends. I’m really happy.” I cheerful answered her.

“Well, that’s great to hear something good from you. So, any other surprises happened?” I guess she already know what I will be answering her.

“I guess you know what I’m going to say but it was really a big shock for me. You know that I like idols right? And the one I saw and supposed to be a classmate of mine, none other than the guy I adore much. It’s YOON DOOJOON, unnie!!!!! YOON! DOO! JOON!!” I never realized I was really shouting and heard unnie’s surprised response from the other line. Then suddenly she laughs.

“Well, I could already imagine how you looked like when you saw him. That’s nice! I’m happy for you. It’ll be your chance to be close to him, be friends with him.” I felt that she’s really happy for me.

“But unnie, I guess that’ll be impossible. I guess I was not able to make a good impression on him. Our professor embarrassed him in front of the class while I got interrupted when he arrives at the class late.” I guess unnie realized my dropping atmosphere and tries to consolidate me.

“Oh, it was just the first time. You still have a lot of time to impress him. And I’m telling you, first impressions never last.”

“I hope so unnie. I have to go now, unnie. I’m a little tired from today’s school.”

“Okay, I’ll try to check on you more often. Okay, good night. Bye.” Then she immediately hangs up.  I proceed to changing my clothes then made my dinner. After a while, I went on my profile account again and make another post. I uploaded the pictures I took with my new friends as I captioned it: “My new found friends. My first day was great and I’m expecting it to be the best! ^ ^ P.S: I have an idol classmate!!! Waaaah!!!! Wanna know who? I’ll reveal it soon… kekekeke^__^” then after just a minute of posting it, my kpop friends were starting to like it commented. Everyone was asking who it was but I just discreetly answered: “I’ll reveal it soon, I promise! I’m pretty sure all of you knew HIM. Ooops…. Another clue! I’ll be quiet then.” And everyone is starting to get wilder as they know it was a guy and telling me that whoever he was, I’m so lucky to be there.  I just ended it up there and went to sleep as I keep murmuring to myself, “Well, it’s my second day here and everything seems unreal, still. Adding to that, I’m on the same class with Doojoon, YOON DOOJOON. And that mere fact is just simply satisfying. I feel so good, jinjja! Thank you, my Lord!” then smiled widely and I immediately fell into sleep.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how was it?:)

should i upload all i have written chapters already or do you prefer waiting??? it's actually 2:30 am but it's nothing for me since i'm NOCTURNAL!!! LOL:P

and sorry for my lame/boring/very very long chapters....