WORTH

Love at First Act

 

DOOJOON’S POV

The hell? Who would disturb me at time like this?! This is my only opportunity to sleep and someone’s calling me! I just groaned in annoyance as I try to search for my phone in my pocket. As soon as I got hold of my phone, I looked at the caller i.d.

Maya calling…

I’m not mad anymore, it’s her! I immediately sat up and answered her call.

“Hello?” I answered trying to hide my tiredness and sleepiness.

“Hello, Doojoon?” she hesitated. Oh, I heard her voice again and weirdly, I suddenly felt my tiredness has been washed away.

“Oh, Maya! Are you okay? Did you ate? Have you take your medicine? Why did you call? Do you need something?” I interregotated. I want to know if she’s okay now.

“I’m fine, don’t worry. I just called you to ask if you have you’re free time today. I just want to thank you personally for last night.” She explained. Aish! That maknae really need to shut up sometimes. I could feel she felt guilty about last night. Don’t be. It’s not your fault for getting sick.

“It’s nothing, no need to thank me personally. And besides, my schedule would end late tonight.” I answered.

“No, I insist. Even I have to visit you in your schedule. Please?” she pleaded. She really wants to meet me? It’s not that I hate the idea but she just had got well and our schedule would end late. And lastly, I’m really drained. Sleepy and tired. I haven’t got any proper sleep yet.

“Okay. Are you sure you’re already fine? I’ll be free not until 10 pm, would that be okay?” I answered as I ignored about me being tired. I don’t want to disappoint her. And besides, I want to see for myself that she’s really fine now. Then she told me where would we meet and we both hung up.  I exhaled and smiled as soon as I put my phone back inside my pocket. I leaned back at the seat inside our van, waiting to arrive at our scheduled fan signing. I’ve got a long day for today. I don’t feel bad. Besides I’ll be having a break tomorrow and I could sleep for how long I want. And the thought of seeing her again, I can’t help but get excited. As I closed my eyes, but I guess something’s off so I opened my eyes again and I saw Yoseob staring at me.

“What?” I asked as he eyed me suspiciously.

“Yah, hyung! You like her.” he said as he nudged me, smiling weirdly.

“What are you talking about?” I asked trying to avoid what he said.

“You know exactly what I mean, hyung. And besides, I can’t blame you. She's pretty, nice, intelligent, talented, name it! She’s perfect. I would probably like her too.” He said as he sat back to his seat, folding his arms on his chest.

“What?!” I shouted, reacting to what he said. Another rival?

“Woah, woah! Hold on, don’t get angry. I would probably like her too but since I noticed how you and Hyunseung look at her. You both like her. It would be futile if I joined too. Besides, there’s Hana.” He explained. What a relief! But with Hana?

“What do you mean, there’s Hana? You like her? Huh?” I teased as I slightly tickled him, making him forget about my issues.

“Yah! Don’t change the topic! You like her, right? Right?” he teased. Okay fine, I’m defeated!

“Ah! Molla!” I shouted then plugged my earphones on. Okay, fine! I like her! But this isn’t the time to talk about it to others. And besides, I’m still planning to make her confess to me so it wouldn’t be too embarrassing to admit that I like her. I unlocked my phone and my wallpaper welcomed me. This great picture collage she did for me. I smiled once again as I remembered what I saw last night on her laptop. Those thousands of my pictures. She likes me that much. I feel so happy with that fact. And I would like to make her like me more.

Later that day…

“Are we almost done?” I asked as I looked at my watch. It’s 9:30PM already and I’m going to make her wait again. Not a good idea.

“Not yet, why? Are you going somewhere?” Joonkun hyung asked. What should I say? How would I excuse myself?

“Uhm… hyung, since we don’t have schedule tomorrow, I guess it will be okay if I go somewhere. Maya told me that there will be revisions to be done in our paper so we’re going to meet later.” I explained. Bite it, hyung.

“Why won’t you do it tomorrow since you’re free? And besides, it’s late already, what if someone saw you?” he asked. He wouldn’t let me go easily.

“She has classes for the whole day tomorrow so that can’t be. And like you've said, it’s already late, it would be impossible, then, for someone to see us.” I insisted.

“Ah, okay fine! Just be careful.” He said, defeated. I smiled. * I won! Few minutes and we went back on air for our recording.

Time flew fast, our recording ended and it’s already 10. I said my good byes then immediately went to my car and drove off. I can’t wait to see her again.

Before I went off my car, I wore my shades as if the sun’s still up. Wrong accessory, good for hiding my face. I reached for the scarf at the back seat and wrapped myself. It’s starting to really get cold nowadays. No wonder she got cold. As soon as I went inside the café, I searched for her. I looked around and I saw her at the far end couch, sipping at her coffee.

“Annyeong!” she greeted, looks quite uneasy.

“Hi! Are you feeling well?” I asked since I really want to know if she’s fine. I observed her and her nose isn’t as red as like last night. I guess she’s fine. I feel at ease now.

“Uh yeah, I’m fine. Just a little cold. So, uhmm, I heard you’re the one who took care of me last night. I’m sorry and thank you so much! I really appreciate what you’ve done. You shouldn’t do that. I’ve bothered you. Dongwoon said you didn’t get to sleep. I’m really sorry.” She apologized and bowed down. You don’t have to do that.

“That Dongwoon can’t shut his mouth. But there’s nothing to be sorry for. It’s okay. And for thanking me, you’re welcome! Good to know you’re fine now.”  I said and smiled at her, assuring that everything’s okay to me. Then I noticed, she wasn’t wearing any scarf on. Its cold, she might got fever again!

“Oh, you should have put a scarf around you, you might get sick again!” I stated as I slowly removed my scarf to put it around her. I don’t want her to get sick again. I don’t want to worry again about her.

“Thank you but you don’t have to…” she said as she tried to remove the scarf from her. NO.

“No, keep that around you. It would make you feel warmer.” I insist as I put back the scarf and fixed it. I smiled as she never protested again.

“Do you want to go somewhere safe enough for your identity?” she asked. But then I noticed the paper bag under the table.

“No, i’m okay here. So you have something with you. Is that for me?” I joked as I try to lighten up the mood between us. I want this night as smooth as I want it to be.

“Huh! You’re that confident? It’s for someone.” She defended. Then who’s that for? I’m confident that, THAT is for me! HAHAHA!

“That’s bad. I took care of you and yet someone has to get something from you?” I whined then pouted. I don’t know but I can’t help not to act like that. I want her to make her used to every side of me.

“Stop pouting. I’m not used to a Yoon Doojoon pouting! Here, it’s for you!” she said while she handed me the paper bag. I immediately took and smile widely like a child.

“These two were for me? Thank You! Can I open this now?” I exclaimed while took it from the paper, analyzing the gifts. I wonder what it contains. A box-like and a frame-like?

“No!!! Not here, I don’t want others to see that besides you. By the way, do you want something to eat?” then she stopped my hands as I’m about to open it. Why she should be shy about her gifts? Everything from her would be very acceptable.

“Okay, can we go somewhere now so I could open this already? I’m not that hungry though, just a cup of coffee will do.” I whined, acting since I already have something in mind. I can’t just let myself to be the only receiver here. And also, I could notice that some people are starting to get suspicious of us. I don’t want any issues now.

“Okay wait here, I’ll get you a coffee then we’ll leave. Are you sure you’re okay to go somewhere? Aren’t you tired?” she asked before leaving.

“I’m okay, just go ahead.” I reassured while smiling. I watched her while she talks to the cashier who’s asking her order. I chuckled to myself as I noticed she’s having a hard time talking to the cashier. It took for a while before they understood each other. I noticed how she sighed happily. I suddenly realized how hard it has been for her to stay here.

“Thank you! Let’s go?” I said as she went back with my coffee. We both head outside the café. I tried to keep my head low to avoid people recognizing me. I also noticed she’s being careful to of her actions. We headed to my car silently and drove off.

“Where are we going?” She asked breaking the silence between us on our way to my planned destination.

“I’m going to tour you around Seoul.” I hinted as I smiled at her proudly.

“Are you sure? Aren’t you tired? You haven’t had a proper sleep yet! Don’t you have a schedule tomorrow?” she interrogated, looking so concerned. My insides are celebrating how caring this girl is.

“No, I’m okay. Tomorrow’s my free day so I could rest tomorrow. Just let me drink some from my coffee since I can’t then I’ll be fine.” I told her as I was pointing my coffee with my pouted lips since my hands are still on the steering wheel. I noticed she hesistated at first but continue anyway. I tried to hide the giddiness I felt that time especially when I noticed that she tried to look away from me. She carefully led the cup in my mouth, hinting she doesn’t want me to get burnt.

“Thanks!” I said when I glanced at her then focused back on the road. Just wait a bit, we’re almost there. But then I guess, a far view of Han River, she already have guessed it.

“Oh my, we’re in Han River? In Han River??? Waaaaaahh!!!” she screamed as she looked out on the window and clapped. I smiled as how childish she could be, getting excited about something like this. I guess it’s her first time here. I smoothly maneuvered my car to park.

“It’s quite cold outside, would you be okay?” I asked while removing my seatbelt. It’s colder at the riverside.

“I’m fine. Would you be okay?” she asked back looking at my scarf around her.

“I’m used to this, of couse, I’m good. Let’s go?” I assured then we both got off of my car. We went closer to the bridge to have a good view of the light show.

“How long this would light show last?” she asked while her eyes are glued to the light show. She obviously liked it.

“15 minutes? We’ve only lost 5 minutes since we arrived so we still have 10 minutes to enjoy this.” I answered as I sipped on my coffee. My eyes are also glued to the lights. And yes, though I’ve seen this show for a lot of times, I still enjoy every bit of it. As I was still enjoying the show and the presence of someone beside me, I suddenly heard sobs beside me. When I looked where it came from, I saw her crying to herself. What’s her problem?

“Hey, what happened? Are you okay? Do you feel sick? I think we should go back to the car.” I blurted. It breaks my heart to see her like that.

“No, I’m okay. The light show… it’s just too perfect for my eyes and I didn’t noticed I started to cry. Crazy right? Hahaha. I don’t know. Everything seems so perfect.” She explained, giggling while her tears still flowing and wiping it. I want to wipe those tears for her but I guess I’ll surprise her with that. I don’t want her to feel awkward again. I just smiled as I realized how sensitive she could be, crying over things like this, being overjoyed.

“No, it’s not. ‘Tears of joy’ would be much better. Let’s watch again okay? You wouldn’t able to enjoy it more if you’re crying.” I corrected and smiled at her. Though she’s still pretty while crying, I still don’t want to see her cry. I feel responsible when a girl cries in front of me. Then suddenly while I’m back to watching the light show, I secretly watched her in the corner of my eyes. She isn’t watching anymore the light show, she’s more of watching me. I tried to act I didn’t see her watching me. I like the attention she’s giving me. Then suddenly, she snapped a picture of me.

“Hey, don’t sell you dare sell that to fans.” I joked, breaking the silence so she wouldn’t feel awkward that I noticed her taking a picture of me.

“I’m just a taking a remembrance so when I go back to Philippines, my friends would believe I really saw Yoon Doojoon.” She fought back, joking too so I rode her joke.

“You’re planning to show that to others? NO! Erase that!” I said while trying to grab her phone from her hand, planning to play around with her.

“No, I would post it to some fan café then they would thank me a lot for posting it.” she defended as she broke away and ran. So you really want to play, huh? I ran, following her, trying to catch her. In no time, I immediately caught her.

“Got you!” I said, still trying to grab the phone from her now.

“NO!” she fought back, trying her best to get away from my grip. As she was about to get away, I held her back, our bodies collided. We both stared at each other. I suddenly felt light-heaed looking at her. I could see her closely. I observe how shock her pretty eyes are, her high-bridge nose almost touching mine and her cute pinkish lips. My heart is beating so fast now. I suddenly had the urge to move my face closer than it is now, just to touch those lips with mine. But this isn’t the time yet. I broke away from that thought.

“Got it! Haha!” I joked as I grabbed the phone from her hand while she’s still shocked from what had just happened.

“You took advantage on me!!! Okay, I’m kidding! I won’t post it, I promise. Just return my phone. Please?” She exclaimed. If you think I took advantage on you, NO. I just don’t want you to feel how my heart beats so fast right now.

“Okay, okay. I know! I was just playing around.” I surrendered, giving her phone back then we continued walking along the riverside. I guess this would be the perfect time to have a real talk with her.

“So, how’s your stay here? Are you enjoying?” I asked as my conversation starter. Then fortunately, the conversation just flowed out naturaly. We’ve talked about her family, about her brother’s birthday which is the same as her then I end up sharing my story about my sister too. I fell so comfortable talking to her. I’m happy that she felt the same way too. Then I mentioned about the tour that we’ll be having in the Philippines where this amazing girl come from.

 “Of course! It would be nice to meet fans like you.” I said.

“What do you mean like me?” she asked. Uh oh, what a slip of the tongue!

“Ah? L-like you…uhm…nice?” I answered, stammering and I don’t even know why.

“You wouldn’t regret it, I promise!” she said, proudly.

“I guess that’s it for tonight. Should we come back to my car so I could open my gift already?” I suggested since I’ve been really feeling cold already. I lied when I said I’m used to this kind of coldness. I just don’t want her to feel bad wearing my scarf. We headed back to my car and got inside. I’m so excited about my gifts!

“Do not open that gift in a box-like container. I want you to open that in your dorm. I can’t watch to see you open that.” She said as I’m about to open the bigger gift. Why so shy?

“Why? Okay, fine! Let me open the other one then.” I said as I opened the other gift. I unwrap it and immediately looked on it. I was right about it as some sort of a frame. I looked at the picture and it got me dumbfounded.

“How was it? Was it bad? Hey, say something!” she asked, worriedly. I let out a small chuckle as I can’t help it. I tried to hold it in so she won’t misunderstand why. But this coincidence is just so funny!

“It was bad right?” she asked sadly. No, it wasn’t like that!

“No, no. It wasn’t funny! I swear it wasn’t. It’s really nice! I like it so much and I appreciate it a lot. Was this your work?” I said as I lifted her face up. I noticed that she blushed from that act.

“Yeah, it’s the best I could do. But really? You appreciated it? You liked it?” she answer with much hope right now. I nodded and smiled.

“Thank you for this, Maya. Really! It’s going to be one of my favorites.” I said. It is really going to be my favorite and I’m not kidding about that. Then suddenly someone called her.

“Who was that?” I asked as soon as she hung up.

“It was the one who is taking care of me here. Would you mind if I borrow you’re phone for a while? I really need to call her back. Please?” she answer. What?! My phone??? But… the picture! I guess it’s time for some teasing.

“Are you sure you want to borrow it?” I teased. I really want to see her reaction.

“What do you mean?” she asked naively.

“Nothing. Here.” I said as I handed her my phone. She unlocked it and as soon as she saw the wallpaper, she looks so shocked. I tried not to burst into laugh because of the situation and she might feel so embarrassed.

“H-how?” she asked, stuttering and start to blush. I just shrugged.

“Uhm, where did you get this picture. It’s kinda…uhm…unusual?” she asked while trying to act she’s not familiar with that picture.

“Are you sure you really don’t know?” I asked, teasing her more. I really enjoy this. Things are getting obvious.

“I just got it somewhere. Kinda looks familiar? Yeah, I think I’ve seen it somewhere.” I added.

“Uhm, I would just call unnie.” She said, trying to get away from the awkward situation she’s in right now. After talking to her unnie, she faced me again shyly but failed.

“I should go home now, I think.” She uttered while still avoiding to look at me.

“Okay, I would send you home.” I answered then started the engine. I let out a small laugh before driving away. The whole ride was silent and I understand that. I could really feel how embarrassed she is right now and I don’t want to add more to that. I know it’s kinda evil to enjoy someone’s embarrassment but I just can’t help it. I love how I  see her embarrassed while still trying to hide her feelings from me. I enjoyed seeing how her feelings all this time is showing itself. And these coincidences are really making me happy. 

As soon as we reached her dorm, I stopped and watched her got off from my car. Before totally leaving, she faced me again, standing close to the window.

“Thank you for last night. Thank you for tonight! Good night! Drive safely.” She said abruptly before finally walking away. I should make her feel a bit better. I went out side and called out her name.

“Maya!” I shouted then she turned back shyly.

“Thank you for the gift! I really appreaciate it, no jokes or anything. And also, thank you for collecting those pictures. Finally, I’ve got loads of them.” I said, hinting her of where I really saw that picture. Then she bowed a bit before walking away again. I smiled to myself of how enjoying and how funny this night is. I got inside again and drove away. Undoubtedly, I’m really happy right now. I’m happy to see her fine. I’m happy to watch that light show with her. I’m happy to walk and talk with her. I’m happy that I received gifts from her. I’m happy to see her embarrassed as she saw my wallpaper and her gift are the same. I’m happy that she’s quite comfortable around me but I guess not again because of what she saw. But I don’t mind as long as she knew that I already know what she’s been hiding from me. And lastly, I’m happy to spend the night with her.

As soon as I arrived at our dorm, I sat down while the other gift is in my hands and put down the picture frame beside me. I’m so excited to see what’s inside on the other gift. I opened the gift right away and and a transparent covering greeted me. I smiled widely as soon as I saw what’s inside. IT’S A TEDDY BEAR!!!!!!! I instantly removed it from the box. The bear looks darker than Hyunseung’s. She really took time finding this. I smiled as I realized what the bear is wearing. The bear is wearing a doctor’s clothes. So she sees me as a doctor? I laughed a bit. Then I realized there’s something on the bear’s arm. I adjusted it and took it off. I looked at it and it was a bracelet! It’s a black and gray combined bracelet, about an inch thick. I adjust it and wore it on my wrist. I smiled as I saw it on my wrist. My heart fluttered with this simple gift from her. I’m going to wear it from now on. I looked again on the frame but then, realized that there’s something written behind it.

To the best leader Yoon Doojoon :),

I’m not used to writing letters so I’m sorry if this letter turn out bad kekeke:) First, I really want to thank you for last night. Thank you for taking care of me. I really appreciate it a lot. And also, I’m sorry for bothering you. I know you’re busy these days and taking care of me last night and finishing the chapter of our paper were really tiring for you. So in return, though it wasn’t enough, I’ll give you these gifts. Sorry if the picture collage isn’t that good but that’s the best I could do. And the bear wearing that doctor’s clothes is to represent how well you’ve done taking care of me. And if you didn’t noticed, there’s a bracelet on the bear’s arm. I did that also so sorry if it wasn’t that great. So again, thank you so much!

P.S. Good luck on you promotion! I know you’ll achieve triple crown on all music shows again this time. I’m not being bias but the song is really great and the choreography was also amazing. You’ve been doing great again this time, I could see it. There might be a lot of people who would be hating on you and ignore you but don’t mind them. Always remember that there will be always a fan like me who’ll always stand behind you to support you and appreciate every single thing you’ve done. I guess that’s the most important. Thank you for the great music, please tell that also to other members. I’m happy that I’ve got to know you. Thank you and God bless! Fighting!   -------> Maya ^_^

                                                                                 

I smiled happily as I’ve read the letter. I felt more relieved and more confident because of what she had said. I’ll do my best not to disappoint the fans like you who’ve been supportive ever since. Me too, I’m happy that I’ve got to know you. I’m happy that there’s someone who could make me feel like this. I guess it wasn’t a bad choice if I continue what I’m feeling for you. I know you’re worth it.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so i see, it's the right thing to remove that part from my first chapter.... new subbies, OH YEAH!!!! well, for my long-time patient readers who didn't noticed it, i've omitted some part above there. one theory of writing a fic is proven: FIRST IMPRESSION IS IMPORTANT! :)

hey there, new subbies!!!! thanks! and for my long-time, ever patient, lovely readers... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR KEEPING UP WITH ME! 

and to make it up to you, here's a bit long DOOJOON pov :-) [before i wander off somewhere, have a feast on this for a while] and when i'm back, i'll try to update! 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WAITING PATIENTLY!!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!! <3 <3 <3

 

 

*comment and subscribe! :-)