Uh Oh! Game Over?

Love at First Act

 

After more than hour, it’s almost 10:20pm, he wasn’t still here. Maybe he got extended to his schedule or the location was quite far from here. But then while I’m about to sip again to my almost empty cup of coffee, I already saw him walking inside the café with his shades on. I watched him as approached me and sat while looking around, checking for people who might recognize him.

“Annyeong!” I greeted awkwardly.

“Hi! Are you feeling well?” he asked again. He really cared for me that much?

“Uh yeah, I’m fine. Just a little cold. So, uhmm, I heard you’re the one who took care of me last night. I’m sorry and thank you so much! I really appreciate what you’ve done. You shouldn’t do that. I’ve bothered you. Dongwoon said you didn’t get to sleep. I’m really sorry.” I said shyly and bowed  down.

“That Dongwoon can’t shut his mouth. But there’s nothing to be sorry for. It’s okay. And for thanking me, you’re welcome! Good to know you’re fine now.” he said and smiled widely. My heart burned again seeing that smile. That smile that never fails to make my heart sink. Never fails to remind my heart that I love this guy. And after what you have done for me last night, I’m about to lose my fight to stop myself with this feeling. “Oh, you should have put a scarf around you, you might get sick again!” he said and started to remove his scarf. What is he about to do? Huh? Then just what I predicted, he put the scarf around me. HE JUST PUT THE SCARF AROUND MY NECK. Why do you have to do that? You’re just making it hard for me. You’re making me confused if I should have hold these feelings in. And with that action, I blushed again.

“Thank you but you don’t have to..” as I’m about to remove it from me, he held my hand and stopped me.

“No, keep that around you. It would make you feel warmer.” He said and looked around again. I should act normal. I should ignore everything that would make my heart beat faster.

“Do you want to go somewhere safe enough for your identity?” I asked and he laughed a bit. And that loosen me up.

“No, i’m okay here. So you have something with you. Is that for me?” he asked while smiling. Okay, I guess I should be more comfortable now, he’s being funny again.

“Huh! You’re that confident? It’s for someone.” I said and folded my arms in my chest trying to give an attitude and he pouted. Yoon Doojoon is now acting like a kid in front of me. That’s unusual! That’s cute! Another reason to fall for you more? Doo-pout!

“That’s bad. I took care of you and yet someone has to get something from you?” he whined while still pouting.

“Stop pouting. I’m not used to a Yoon Doojoon pouting! Here, it’s for you!” I said and his pout turned into a wide smile.

“These two were for me? Thank You! Can I open this now?” he asked while looking at his gifts.

“No!!! Not here, I don’t want others to see that besides you. By the way, do you want something to eat?” I said while trying to stop his hands as he was about to open it. I don’t want others to see those pictures!

“Okay, can we go somewhere now so I could open this already? I’m not that hungry though, just a cup of coffee will do.” he said while pressing his gifts, guessing what it contains. If only you knew it was just a picture! Would you be disappointed?

“Okay wait here, I’ll get you a coffee then we’ll leave. Are you sure you’re okay to go somewhere? Aren’t you tired?” I asked as I am about to stand.

“I’m okay, just go ahead.” He said while still looking so curious about the gifts. I went to the counter to order him a latte then went back with a cup on my hand.

“Thank you! Let’s go?” he asked and I nodded. I grabbed my bag and followed him not so closely. It’s difficult. He’s still Yoon Doojoon after all. A scandal might broke if someone saw us. And that’s going to be a big problem. As we reached his car, we both get inside then he started his engine and drove off.

“Where are we going?” I asked since we’re not going either to his dorm, or my house.

“I’m going to tour you around Seoul.” He said while smiling.

“Are you sure? Aren’t you tired? You haven’t had a proper sleep yet! Don’t you have a schedule tomorrow?” I asked. I’m worried about how much I bothered him these days.

“No, I’m okay. Tomorrow’s my free day so I could rest tomorrow. Just let me drink some from my coffee since I can’t then I’ll be fine.” He said as he pointed the coffee with his lips. What does he want me to do? Hold his coffee and help him drink? Wasn’t it something couples do? Though it’s quite awkward, I carefully brought the cup in to his mouth and slowly make him drink not to let him got burned.

“Thanks!” he said as I noticed that we’re somewhere near a river. Then from afar, I saw lights from a bridge. Oh my, we’re in Han River?

“Oh my, we’re in Han River? That's Banpo bridge??? Waaaaaahh!!!” I cheered and clapped as I realized where we are.

“It’s quite cold outside, would you be okay?” he asked again. I never thought he could be so caring like this and I’m enjoying it.

“I’m fine. Would you be okay?” I asked him the same question since his scarf is on me.

“I’m used to this, of couse, I’m good. Let’s go?” he asked and I just nodded. I went outside his car, and run immediately near the shore. I stared at those dancing lights in the bridge and got me so amused. I felt Doojoon stood beside me with coffee in his hand, staring also at those lights.

“How long this would light show last?” I asked to know if I still have a lot of time to enjoy this show, the situation I am in now. Watching this amazing light show with the guy I fell in love to.

“15 minutes? We’ve only lost 5 minutes since we arrived so we still have 10 minutes to enjoy this.” he said then he sipped from his cup while still looking at the show. So he is also enjoying this? I’m happy to hear that though I know it’s just because of the light. I smiled to myself then went back staring at the light show. My heart can’t take so much happiness, I started to tear up. Who wouldn’t be happy? Everyone closest to me knows how much I love light shows. I enjoy watching lights especially if it’s like this, in the middle of a cold night. My ideal date. Besides these, I’m here with a very special guy to me. The guy I’ve treasured in my heart for years. The guy who I believe to be just a dream, a perfect dream. And the tear started to become light sobs.

“Hey, what happened? Are you okay? Do you feel sick? I think we should go back to the car.” He said, obviously worried. I shook my head profusely.

“No, I’m okay. The light show… it’s just too perfect for my eyes and I didn’t noticed I started to cry. Crazy right? Hahaha. I don’t know. Everything seems so perfect.” I said while wipping my tears with my hands. I tried to smile when I faced him and he did the same.

“No, it’s not. ‘Tears of joy’ would be much better. Let’s watch again okay? You wouldn’t able to enjoy it more if you’re crying.” He said with his warm smile that definitely warmed me up in this cold night. He went to look back again at the show. But me, I sneakily watched over him. I smiled widely to myself. I’m so happy right now. It seems everything stops. It’s just like it’s only me and him and the light show. I should cherish this moment. I guess taking a photo wouldn’t be bad. I took a photo but then he noticed.

“Hey, don’t sell you dare sell that to fans.” he joked and we both laughed.

“I’m just a taking a remembrance so when I go back to Philippines, my friends would believe I really saw Yoon Doojoon.” I answered while looking at the perfectly capture picture of him. All his great features were obvious in the pic. Good job, Maya!

“You’re planning to show that to others? NO! Erase that!” he said while trying to reach for my phone but I fought hard not to let him get it.

“No, I would post it to some fan café then they would thank me a lot for posting it.” I said as I broke away from him and ran. I ran so hard while he’s following me closely behind. What do I expect? It’s a guy, a tall guy who plays soccer. Of course, he could catch me!

“Got you!’ he said as he was trying to get the phone from me which I am holding on tightly.

“NO!” I shouted while still trying to get away from his tight grip on me. As I’m about to make his hand loose grip on me, his other hand grabbed my arm and pulled me closely. And practically, our bodies pressed on each other. Just when I realized this, I looked at him and we both got silent. We’ve stared at each other for a while but then got interrupted as he smiled and showed that he already got my phone. That’s unfair!

“Got it! Haha!” he said, victoriously. It took a while before I came back to reality then I tried to get the phone again.

“You took advantage on me!!! Okay, I’m kidding! I won’t post it, I promise. Just return my phone. Please?” I pleaded while holding to his one arm. He must not see those photos on my phone. It's mostly him.

“Okay, okay. I know! I was just playing around.” He said and he immediately returned my phone to me. Then we start walking along the shore.

“So, how’s your stay here? Are you enjoying?” he asked. I guess he want to start a conversation. Of course, I’m enjoying A LOT!

“I really had a great time here even sometimes it’s quite hard witht the language. But all in all, I’m happy most of the time.” ESPECIALLY NOW.

“That’s good to hear. Are your parents contacting you regularly?” he asked again.

“Yeah, though I told them not to make it everyday since international call was quite expensive. But that would just make me miss them more.” I answered as I sighed.

“Do you have any siblings?” he asked while looking at me.

“I have a brother. Funny thing is, we shared the same birthday and I’m 4 years older!” I answered with the fact that always amuses whoever heard of it.

“Oh really? That’s cool! Your parents did a good job there!” he said, amusingly.

“I know right?” and we both laughed. “That’s been that a joke that runs around our family. But honestly, that has been a mystery for me until now. Like, how are they able to do that?” I said, explaining that such coincidence amuses me until now.

“And I bet that’s going to bug me forever!” Doojoon said and we both laughed.

 “Well, my noona and I are also close with each other. I tried to find time for us to bond even we’re both busy. Oh by the way, we’ve included the Philippines in our Asian tour but I’m not sure when since we haven’t talked to some organizers there.” he said. Finally, Philippines is part of Asia!

“Really? That’s great!!!! My friends who are also b2uties would love that! Please, pursue it.” I pleaded.

“Of course! It would be nice to meet fans like you.” he said then I blushed. This guy is teasing me again.

“What do you mean like me?” I asked out of confusion.

“Ah? L-like you…uhm…nice?” he said, stuttering. I was just asking, why is he stuttering?

“You wouldn’t regret it, I promise!” I said with emphasis. We continued walking and talking about any random things that would just come up. And for the whole time, I feel like I am floating. I am walking side by side, talking casually like we’re so close, with Yoon Doojoon, the leader of B2ST.

“I guess that’s it for tonight. Should we come back to my car so I could open my gift already?” he suggested and I just nodded. This is it! He’s going to see it.

As soon as we reached his car and got in, he immediately got the gifts from the backseat while I just silently watched him at the passenger seat.  I braced myself for any negative reactions from him. But he wasn’t bad, why would I think about such things?

“Do not open that gift in a box-like container. I want you to open that in your dorm. I can’t watch to see you open that.” I said as I stopped him as he was about to open the gift that contain the teddy bear.

“Why? Okay, fine! Let me open the other one then.” He said then he immediately ripped off the wrapper on it. I was watching him for any change of reaction. As soon as he saw what it contains, there’s a hint of shock in his face. Maybe he wasn’t expecting it to be like that? Maybe he is disappointed? NOOOOO!!!!

“How was it? Was it bad? Hey, say something!” I said as I nudged him a bit. His long silence turns into a small chuckle but he tried to bit it in. Was it that funny? Yeah, it’s funny, I guess.

“It was bad right?” I said and just hung my head low.

“No, no. It wasn’t funny! I swear it wasn’t. It’s really nice! I like it so much and I appreciate it a lot. Was this your work?” he said as he lifted up my chin. And that sudden yet small act made me blushed again. Was he planning on making me look like a tomato for tonight?

“Yeah, it’s the best I could do. But really? You appreciated it? You liked it?” I asked, hoping that he wasn’t kidding but he nodded profusely while smiling. I smiled back.

“Thank you for this, Maya. Really! It’s going to be one of my favorites.” He said and gave me a reassuring smile. But then the moment was ruined by a phone call. I immediately scooped it from my pocket and it was Soojin unnie calling.

“Hello, unnie?” I answered.

“Hello, Maya. Where are you? I tried to call you in your dorm but no one answered.” she asked then my phone suddenly beeped, signaling that it's low battery.

“Unnie, wait. I’ll call you again. My phone is about to die. Okay? Bye!” I said quickly before my phone totally dies.

“Who was that?” Doojoon asked.

“It was the one who is taking care of me here. Would you mind if I borrow you’re phone for a while? I really need to call her back. Please?” I pleaded.

“Are you sure you want to borrow it?” he sounds like he’s teasing. HUH?

“What do you mean?” I asked. Maybe there’s a picture of his girl or Gayoon unnie as his screensaver, that’s why!

“Nothing. Here.” he said then handed me his phone. I prepared myself to see what he meant. As soon as I pressed its lock button, what greeted me on his phone surprised me, A LOT. The picture is quite familiar. NO, ERASE THAT. It’s definitely familiar. But how? I looked at him with a really confused look and he was giving me this “what?” look.

“H-how?” I asked, and my blood starts gushing to my face. This is an embarrassment, a big one! What he just gave me was a shrug. Maybe it was just a coincidence. I have to calm and ask first. Calm, calm, calm so you won’t be guilty, Maya.

“Uhm, where did you get this picture. It’s kinda…uhm…unusual?” I said, trying to sound that I was really just asking.

“Are you sure you really don’t know?” he teased while giving me the weirdest smile that I’ve seen from him. I just nodded.

“I just got it somewhere. Kinda looks familiar? Yeah, I think I’ve seen it somewhere.” He teased more and he’s devilish smile won’t leave his face. And I just cannot not to blush. This is too embarrassing!!!! But how????

“Uhm, I would just call unnie.” Then I immediately dialed Soojin unnie’s number to save me from this great embarrassment. After I assured Soojin unnie that I’m fine and on my way home, I’m back again to this embarrassment.

“I should go home now, I think.” I said, not even looking at him.

“Okay, I would send you home.” He said and gave a small laugh before starting his engine. The whole ride has been a silent one. Who wouldn’t be silent after with what I saw? How did he saw that? Think of any instances, Maya! Think! Could it possibly…??? Oh damn it, YES! THAT’S WHY!!!!!

As soon as we reached home, I immediately went out of his car.

“Thank you for last night. Thank you for tonight! Good night! Drive safely.” I said and bowed immediately facing his window. As I turned back, I heard his car door opened and closed.

“Maya!” he shouted and I immediately turned around to face him. He is already standing outside his car.

“Thank you for the gift! I really appreaciate it, no jokes or anything. And also, thank you for collecting those pictures. Finally, I’ve got loads of them.” he shouted and smiled teasingly. I bowed again, and run inside the building out of shame.

HE SAW IT! HE SAW THOSE THINGS????!!!! But how???? He looked throughout the folders????? But… There’s no word to describe how embarrassing this. Not just that he saw HIS NOT-SO-USUAL THOUSANDS OF PICTURES on my laptop and having it with him, HE EVEN SAW MY EDITS!!!!!!!!!!!! What makes it more awkward?????? My collage gift and his phone screensaver is ING THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAME! SAME PICTURES, SAME COLORS, TOTALLY THE SAME COLLAGE!!!!! What to do????!!! What should I do??? What face could I still show him now??? Could I just disappear???? I’m busted!!!!! I’m busted for liking him!!!! GAME OVER.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just noticed that this chapter was deleted when AFF had a problem... 

LOL doojoon is being a tease! and she's busted! progress finally!

thank you guys for keeping up with me. i'm just in a serious mental blocked state right now but i'm trying to get back myself.. don't be disappointed with me, okay? *insert puppy eyes here*

 

*comment andsubscribe!!!:)))