COLD

Love at First Act

 

YOUR POV

It’s almost 6:30 pm and I’m almost done dressing up. Yeah, I’ve chose my best clothes I have with me but of course the most comfortable ones. And I’m pretty sure it wasn’t that nice for others since I’m not really into clothes or anything. If I only knew I would meet BEAST or any idols, I should have shopped a lot before going here. I’m wearing this really tight skinny jeans since it’s the newest I have with me. Funny right? Then a simple green tank top with a khaki cardigan. Have I said the most comfortable? I guess not. This skinny jeans I’m wearing is really making me conscious. Now this I’ve been trying to hide has been showing itself right now. It’s not that it looks bad. It might be a crazy thing to hear but I really don’t like getting attention because of what I look like. That’s why I wore this long cardigan to hide it. Hohoho I’m so clever!!!(LOL) And that’s why a cardigan never leaves my luggage when I’m going somewhere. And for my soles, since I really really hate wearing heels and I don’t have one, a pair of simple white doll shoes is what I have. I did a light make up, actually, just some BB cream, blush on, mascara and lip tint. I just let my hair down and put some hairpin on the left side with my fringe still covering my forehead. I guess I’m ready to go. I’m ready to meet everyone. I grabbed my body bag then my gift for Hyunseung and hid it inside then headed outside. I’m about to die out of nervousness right now, I don’t know. I know it’s not because I’m going to meet the others but something unusual. I really feel so uneasy. And whenever I felt something like this, there’s always something bad might happen. No, not now. It’s Hyunseung oppa’s birthday. Everyone should be happy especially him because it’s his day.

It’s almost past 7 pm when I arrived at the Cube building. I texted Hyunseung oppa of their whereabouts and told me to go to wait at the lobby. So as I arrived and texted him that I was already at the lobby, I once again went to the restroom and re-touched my make up not because I already look so haggard but I felt so uneasy and nervous. Yeah, count that as another a bad habit besides massaging my earlobes when I’m nervous and uneasy, busying myself with anything. And for today, my make up would make me busy. I put some mineral powder since I already have BB cream on my face because I don’t want to look like some ghost walking around Seoul, then my blush on and lip tint. I comb my hair once again before leaving the restroom. As I went outside, I almost froze. They already here waiting and looking around for me. Jihyun, Jiyoon, Gayoon, Hyuna, Sohyun and G.na are also here. And dang! They’re so ‘beautiful, y, hot, pretty’ (a/n: LOL a line from hyuna’s just follow) everything!!! I swear I am nothing compared to these people. And they’re really wearing expensive casual clothes. And my inner lesbian side has awoken. Nah, I’m just exaggerating. But I swear, they’re really flawless and gorgeous. And the way they smile, that eye smile that makes them look so cute. I looked at the others, I could recognize the other 3 as their managers, I guess the other two couldn’t make it. Then the best sight for today, BEAST on their casual attires. OH MY GOD, PURELY EYECANDY IS I SEE!!!!!!  And to realize that they are just wearing simple casual clothes and yet look so… “no words can describe awesomeness”, I got tricked by my own eyes. Hyunseung as a real gorgeous birthday boy, Junhyung as his usual swagger aura, Yoseob as his cute but manly side, Kikwang as the cute muscle man, and Dongwoon as, indeed, Son Namshin for today. And for Doojoon, his simple, manly yet gives off a real strong charismatic charm, has really made me almost melt. The physical appearance that I’ve been admiring ever since and still never fails to melt my heart repeatedly. I noticed I have been staring for a very long time when I heard my phone ringing, and it’s been ringing for a while. It’s Hyunseung oppa.

“Eodiya? You said you’re already here?” he greeted. I took a deep breath before I answered him not in the phone, but as I approach them.

“Oppa, I’m here!” I shouted while almost raising my hand when I was just about few meters away from them. Then this is the worst part, the staring scene. As I called him, everyone, of course, turned their heads to me. I’m pretty sure it’s because of curiosity and because the way I called Hyunseung, oppa.  Why suddenly I felt I’m taking so long to walk and reach them? Why everything is so slow? Nah, I’m just imagining. I hate this! Each one of them is staring at me and I don’t have any idea on what’s running in their minds. I know, I don’t look as good as you but please, don’t stare at me like this. I’m melting.

 

OMNICIENT POV

As soon as Maya called Hyunseung and showed herself to everyone, she received a lot of melting stares from them but not in a bad way. She tried smiling to everyone but almost failed. She is too nervous. Everyone seems so curious about her. Who really she is? What is she for Hyunseung? Why did Hyunseung invited her? Since it was really the first he invited other person.

For the girls, they all looked at each other. They were shocked that the girl Hyunseung talking about is not a Korean. They got more curious who she really is. Hyuna whispered to Jiyoon that’s she’s quite pretty and the latter nodded.

And as for the boys, one of the manager eyed on Hyunseung, asking if it was her and Hyunseung just nodded. The manager already knew her as the partner of Doojoon for their thesis but they’re also confused that Hyunseung invited her. He never said any reason to them, he just told them that he invited her. As for the members, they still never got used to how she looks. Just like the first time they saw her, responses were still jawdropping and mouthing to each other “Yeppeo”. She looks perfect with just a simple outfit. She might not be as gorgeous as the 4minute girls and G.na but still she gives off a different aura. Simply, pretty.  

And for Hyunseung, he just keeps on smiling at everyone who’s eyeing on him and just keeps on shrugging. He was too proud that he invited Maya on his birthday. He knew so well what everyone’s saying in their mind that she looks so great today. Even himself, can’t remove his eyes from her. The feelings he has for this girl wants to come out right now. She’s too beautiful for his eyes. He knew that he looks at her at her best. But he stopped himself. He doesn’t want to make this celebration awkward to everyone. He knew well that she only looks at him as an oppa and he’s already happy with that. Even deep inside, though he doesn’t admit it, he’s hurt.

And lastly for Doojoon, no one would beat his stare at her. He just admitted to his self that that this girl in front of him makes him think crazy things, makes him jealous, makes him confused. And now, just after this acknowledgement of his feelings, in his eyes, she does look much, much the prettiest. He could feel he’s sweating cold sweat. His heart is throbbing like mad. He’s still in deep confusion on what is she really for him. He doesn’t want to conclude his feelings. It’s too early and he’s still too confused. Every step she takes, he could clearly see every detail about her and he enjoys it. “She’s not wearing heels but a simple white doll shoes? She’s not into those killer high heels unlike most of the girls? She doesn’t just go with the flow and it looks like it doesn’t matter if her legs would look bad or not for not wearing heels.” He said to his self. But he knew well, she doesn’t need any high heels. She already got a beautiful pair of long legs. He realized he had another crazy thought because of her. As he was still looking at her, analyzing what she’s wearing. He realized that she’s wearing that definitely emphasized those curves that he never noticed before. He never expects her to have those curves in just simple clothes. He’s actually mentally slapping himself as he accidentally admit to himself that she looks so perfect right now in his eyes.

 

 

DOOJOON’S POV

I glanced at her. No, I’m looking at her. Okay fine, I’m more like, STARING at her. I just can’t stop myself right now. My mind says stop looking but my eyes are too pleased on what it’s seeing right now.  She’s…so pretty today. She’s wearing simple casuals yet she looks so pretty and… y? Yeah, she got some S-line and it’s the first time I realized she had. My heart suddenly beat harder and harder, I can’t even breathe properly. Every detail about her that I haven’t realized she had, not until now, seems to show itself now. Her navel-length smooth black hair sways every time she took her step. Her broad shoulders that still can be seen even with her cardigan on. And her hourglass-like body that could be clearly seen on her tank top and really fitted skinny jeans. Her broad hips and long yet firm legs that could be clearly seen on those jeans. She looks so perfect. Yah, Yoon Doojoon!!!!! You’re crazy!!!! Stop thinking like this or else… you’ll lose it.

But what? Oppa? Since when did she called him ‘Oppa’? And since when Hyunseung let someone call him Oppa? He never likes that kind of thing. He doesn’t like to be called Oppa by others unless they are “really close”. So is this how far they’ve become? This is how 'close' they are? Something like a pinching pain my chest again. No, I don’t want to admit again that I’m… Thinking like this would just bring problem to me. So it’s final, I shouldn’t really care about whatever they have for each other. I have to do something about this craziness.

 

 

YOUR POV

Oh, there’s Doojoon!!! Finally, I was able to see him again. I missed him. I’m so happy. As soon as I reached where all of them are, Doojoon, Hyunseung, Kikwang, Yoseob, Junhyung and his coke, Dongwoon, 4minute, and G.na and their managers, I’m getting nervous and nervous. I smiled at them shyly and bowed a bit. Hyunseung oppa put an arm around my shoulder. I know it was just an oppa to dongsaeng but it was a sudden skinship. Everyone got shocked by what he did including me. I looked at Doojoon, wondering if would make some reaction but I saw he just stared and nothing else. I knew well he wouldn’t care. He doesn’t even smiled or nod a bit, just to acknowledge my presence. It does hurt a lot. The last time we met, he was smiling warmly to me and now he’s back being cold. We haven't seen each other for a while but he's being cold. I just smiled at them again with the awkwardness and a bit sadness I’m feeling right now. The other members greeted me.

“Maya!!!!” they all greeted as I reached them.

“This is what I’m talking about. Meet Maya, my new found yeodongsaeng from different parents. She’s Doojoon hyung’s classmate and partner for a thesis.” Hyunseung oppa proudly introduced me to 4minute, G.na and their managers. I smiled comfortably as the awkwardness starts to disappear since he introduced me as a dongsaeng.

“Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Maya. Nice meeting you all. I’m a fan of 4minute and G.na also. I’m so lucky to be with the whole Cube family right now.” I greeted as I slowly remove myself from Hyunseung oppa’s arm while giving my most sincere smile then I bowed at them again. They did the same and smile at me.

“Annyeong, Maya!” Hyuna greeted as she offered a handshake and I took it. The others follow and did the same, Jihyun, Jiyoon, Sohyun, Gayoon and G.na then their managers.

“You’re our fan? Oh, that’s nice to hear.” G.na said while smiling widely. Her Canadian accent is definitely obvious while she’s talking in English and it’s really adorable.

“Uhm, ne! I really like you voice and your dancing!!! And for 4minute, I really admire Hyuna-ssi’s dancing, Jiyoon-ssi’s powerful vocals, Gayoon-ssi’s high notes, Sohyun-ssi’s powerful dancing that matches her unnies and Jihyun-ssi’s y dance moves on stage!!!” I said, almost acting like a real fangirl but I’m not bothered a bit.

“Ah, jinjja?! But stop calling us formally. You know you can call us, unnie. Since Hyunseung oppa said you’re a dongsaeng.” Jiyoon said and I just nodded and smiled.

“I guess, Sohyun’s the only one who I wouldn’t call unnie since I’m a year older.” I shyly said and chuckled a bit.

“So I’ll call you unnie then. Ah, sometimes I wish someone would call me unnie.” Sohyun whined and pouted. Aw, this maknae is so cute!!!

“Enough with the girl talk. How can you totally forget about us? I’m sad!” Yoseob whined. I chuckled a bit before speaking.

“Ah, mianhae. I really missed you all. It’s been a week since we’ve met. How’s the rehearsal going? It’ll be within 3 days before your comeback right?” I asked talking to other guys. I tried making I was saying it to everyone but deep inside, I want Doojoon to receive what I feel.

“Everything’s going just fine. I hope you could watch our comeback stage. Are you free on Thursday? We would like you to invite you and watch live. And by the way, you really look pretty tonight!” Yoseob answered and I blushed with his compliment. Of course I am free! I’m making myself free for that day!!! I have to be there supporting them. I could also bring Hana unnie there.

“Komawo. But really? Of course!!!! I’ll go! I want to watch you comeback live. That’s what I’ve been planning to do since I arrived here.” I answered with an obvious happiness I feel. I accidentally glanced at Doojoon and he’s still staring. He never said anything to me yet. What have I done, Doojoon?

“So is this Doojoon’s partner for a thesis? Annyeong, Maya! I’m Manager Joonkun. This one is Jintaek and this one is Jiyoung.” One of their managers greeted and bowed then I did the same.

“Bangapsumnida!” I said as I bowed.

“Yah, it’s my day! We should be going now. And you Maya, You haven’t greeted me yet. I’m still angry!” Hyunseung oppa said, acting like a kid again. I chuckled a bit before greeting him.

“I’m really sorry if I forgot. Saengil Chukhahae, Hyunseung oppa!” I sang and smiled at him. He looks like he tried his best to suppress the response smile but he failed.

“Aish, komawo!” he said while patting my head.

“Ah, gaja! I’m hungry!” Dongwoon complained. I smiled then everyone nodded.

“Okay, since we can’t be all in the van, there should be 4 persons in Doojoon’s car. Who’s going there?” Manager Jinyoung asked.

“Let me go with Maya to Doojoon hyung’s car since she’s hyung’s classmate.” Hyunseung suggested. Wait, what? There? Wae oppa? I really would like to but I don’t want to feel awkward for the whole drive since Doojoon hasn’t said anything to me since I arrived.

“Yah, what’s the relation of her, being hyung’s classmate, on riding at Doojoon’s car?” Junhyung asked. Yeah, right! I don’t see any relation either.

“Because Doojoon hyung would be responsible for her because he’s her classmate!” Hyunseung oppa reasoned. I still don’t get it, seriously!

“Yah, you’re the one who invited her. Why would she by my responsibility?” finally Doojoon spoke. And the first time he spoke, everything he said just pierced my heart. I see nothing wrong with what he said. In fact, he’s right. But my heart seems not cooperating right now.

“Because I said so! Remember, It’s my birthday?” Hyunseung oppa insisted. What are you thinking oppa? You’re confusing me. You’re hard-headed side is showing.

“Okay, fine! I know I wouldn’t win with that hard head of yours.” Doojoon said angrily. Why? Do you not want me in your car? What have I really done?

“I’ll go with Doojoon too! I want to get close more with Maya.” G.na shouted. Omo! G.na wants to get close to me more? Awww… She’s really nice.

“So who wants to go with them?” Manager Jintaek asked. I swear this manager got the looks! Everyone eyed each other, waiting for them to respond. Then suddenly…

“Na do!” someone shouted and when we all looked who’s that. And it turns out to be… Gayoon unnie. I felt uneasy suddenly. Why so sudden? No uh. My instincts are working again.

“Geureom, let’s go! Maknae’s hungry.” Manager Joonkun said while patting Dongwoon’s head. I can’t help but chuckled a bit as I saw them. So this is what it feels to be with the Cube Family. Very homey.

So as we rode Doojoon’s car, everything to me seems so awkward. Doojoon, of course, is driving. Hyunseung is at the passenger seat while listening to some music, though he wants to sit beside me but as sign of being a gentleman, he ended up sitting there. And guess what? I’m at the back seat, and yes, between G.na and Gayoon. G.na, I can’t forget how they paired up at “I’ll back off so you can leave” MV and how she mentioned that her ideal guy was him. And Gayoon. The endless teasing and the sudden news of her being the one who wants her to be his girlfriend. And yes, I’m talking about Doojoon again.

“So Maya, are you dating Hyunseung?” G.na unnie suddenly asked while looking at me playfully as my mind is still wandering to nowhere while looking at Doojoon’s back. That question was too sudden and made me return to reality.

“Aniyo!” I protested.

“Yah, noona! I heard that!” Hyunseung shouted from his seat.

“Mian, mianhae. I was just asking.” G.na unnie said then I smiled at her as I answer.

“We’re just friends, more like of dongsaeng and oppa. Hyunseung oppa, here, is one of the persons who’s been helping me to adjust here.” I answered while patting Hyunseung oppa’s shoulder then he smiled while G.na noona nodded.

“That’s bad. I thought Hyunseung oppa is dating someone, FINALLY. And now, I might still think he’s, you know, GAY.” Gayoon unnie sighed, patted my shoulder while shaking her head.

“YAHHH HEO GAAAAAYOOOONN!!!!!” Hyunseung oppa, now absolutely angry, shouting while trying to reach Gayoon unnie from his seat. We all laughing to his childishness and for losing his temper. Then I noticed Doojoon laughing also like I’ve never seen before while his eyes are still on the road. Gayoon unnie is really nice. She’s good in singing, a good dancer and most importantly, she can make Doojoon laugh like that. She’s perfect and I’m really nothing compared to her. I tried my best to erase this thought as I continue laughing at Hyunseung oppa.

“Yah May!!!! How dare you turn your back on me? You’re on their side now?” Hyunseung oppa protested.

“Aniyo but it’s just that you’re really funny.” I answered him as I chuckled again then he just pouted.

“I swear I really hate you today! You forgot my birthday then now you’re laughing at me. I hate everyone. Go buy your own dinner!” he said as he faced the road again while folding his arms in his chest. Then G.na unnie and Gayoon unnie looked at me, signaling me to do something.

“Ey, oppa. Stop sulking there. Okay, We’re sorry. Please buy us dinner, ne?” I pleaded then I reached for his both cheeks and pinched it. He looked at me then I gave him my puppy eyes.

“Be thankful you’re cute enough!” he said then faced the front again. Then me, G.na unnie and Gayoon unnie hugged and cheered at the back seat. Woah! I just hugged these goddesses?? WOW!

After few minutes and we still haven’t reached the restaurant, everyone now start to get silent. I guess Hyunseung oppa is already drooling in front while me, G.na unnie and Gayoon unnie are busy listening to our own music players. Though I look like I’m busy with the music, I’m sure that I’m not. I was busy thinking of what’s happening right now. How lucky I am celebrating Hyunseung oppa’s birthday with the whole CUBE Family. Talking and being playful around this people who used to be the persons I looked up to. And the thing that occupies my mind the most is how I witness Gayoon acting around Doojoon. I feel something awkward between them. From time to time, I noticed Gayoon unnie stealing glances at Doojoon. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t unintentional. There’s something on her glances. Then I noticed that Doojoon glancing at the mirror from time to time. I know it’s impossible to be at me and I’m definitely sure, he’s glancing at Gayoon unnie. Do they really like each other? And from this fact, my heart starts to hurt again, because of him. I’m confused.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gayoon is starting to get into the story... OH YEAH!!!! i hope i'm still making you guys interested in this fic, i'm really doing my best...:)))

Am I making this Hyunseung's birthday party long???? Well, I'm kinda making it like a countdown for his birthday...He's too special LOLXD...

Please do tell me what you feel so I can know what to write that will satisfy you guys... THAT'S HOW SPECIAL YOU ARE TOO ME, MY READERS<3... [ugh! am i being too cheesy and mushy and everything?? LOL]

 

THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOO MUCH FOR READING!!! LOVE YAAAAHH ALLL:))) <3 <3 <3

 

*comment and subscribe:))