Chapter 6

Love Conquers All
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mission Diverted

 

"This made me more curious because I was his best friend from our childhood and yet he hid the huge and important piece of information from me. I was determined to unfold the mystery"

Kyuhyun continued,
 

“I started being active partner in our kangin hyung’s little force. While kangin hyung and Minnie were busy stalking hyuk, I started setting out plans to let the secret be out by hyuk himself. Bringing his baby to light became my mission”. Kyuhyun declared.

Kangin took over. "By then, we started with out analysis that hyuk was seeing someone and what we have to find out, was the person who had the capability to melt hyuk’s cold heart. We started staying close and clingy to hyuk and not letting him out of our sight for long so that we could catch the person following him. But never once did hyuk meet anyone over the time period of our stalking. That made us anxious if our initial that hyuk might be in a relationship might not be true. So we set our first mission to confirm if hyuk really is involved with someone”


“We tried with teasing him about his baby over lunch breaks and soccer practices. He used to blush bright red but never once did he deny our comments which made us have our first assumption to be true that hyuk is in love. Our first mission was success”


“The next mission for us was to know who his baby is. Whether it was someone from our college or someone outside.” Kangin signaled kyu to continue the story for which he shook his head and asked kangin to keep the story going.


“We thought hyuk might have been seeing the person over weekends because we never spied him over weekends by then. We agreed to stalk him over coming weekend but what surprised was that hyuk did not go anywhere on the weekend. He was in his house for following weekends too."


Kibum was intently following the story.


“On Monday when we were back at school, I tried to get some information from hyuk when we had break during evening soccer practice. We asked kyu to stay back that day with us to continue our mission.”  Kangin said.

 

{The conversation in italic, happened in past.}

Kangin: "hyuk how was your weekend? Did you go somewhere? "

Hyuk: "No I was just at home. What did you guys do over the weekend?”

Sungmin: "I had so much fun stalking someone over the weekend”. He giggled

Hyuk: "Did you get to see how kyuhyun spends his weekend? He would always stick to his computer room playing those stupid games. It would be pretty boring."

Sungmin and kyuhyun went wide eyed as the realized that Hyuk thought sungmin was stalking kyuhyun over weekend. Kangin laughed loudly. Kyu got himself back from the shock when it get into his head that hyuk commented that he is boring to watch. He got annoyed and was about to counter hyuk but sungmin bet him to it.

Sungmin: "I never said it was kyu. How could you assume yourself? “

Seeing Kyu’s annoyed face, Minnie thought kyu is angry because hyuk thought he would spy on kyu.

Kyu face fell disappointed because the words from sungmin were as if he was disgusted to have been associated with kyuhyun. But his hurt face went unnoticed by both sungmin and hyuk. Kangin caught the moment but he did not know how to handle the situation so he kept calm following the conversation.
 

Hyuk: "Oh it was not kyu? I thought you guys finally got together. It seems like you both are still going to struggling period to come out of shell but let me tell you that you would make an adorable couple if ever you both come out courageously“
He blurted out the words so casually that the other three froze at their place.

Kyu: "What do you mean in denial and being in a shell?"
Hyuk: "Is it only me, that can see that you both are in love with each other but you are trying to bury your feelings deep inside and are struggling  trying to be friends? I thought everyone knew this, isn’t it kangin hyung?"

Kangin: "Err, Yeah, We got the same feeling about kyumin after their incident at our singing competition event arrangements. I tried talking to them but they are strongly opposing the statement that they are anything more than friends."

Hyuk looked questioningly at kyu and sungmin as if asking if it was true.

They both nodded their heads in agreement but pain and hurt were visible across their faces.

Hyuk: “Oh, I might have been wrong. But I have always thought sungmin hyung would make perfect match for kyuhyun. They complete each other like soul mates. I am sorry and I am not judging your relationship."

Sungmin and kyu stared at each other silently but neither spoke a word.

Kangin: ' I never took to you to be a person to have knowledge on LOVE, It seems your baby has quite an effect on you?" he teased hyuk.

This remained kyumin of their mission and they immediately came back to reality pushing their feelings aside and concentrating to dig out information from hyuk.

Hyuk blushed red and said “Huh, I have always had some knowledge on things going around me. You all know that my brother has a boyfriend right? Hanging around heechul hyung and hangeng hyung made me realize things with love. Also, remember the time I asked you guys some questions on what qualities you would looking for your life partner... That talk pretty much helped

Please log in to read the full chapter