chapter 10

Love Conquers All
Please log in to read the full chapter

The Engagement - Part Two

"I think it’s time to move on with the story, dear” Hangeng nudged heechul to continue looking at the disappointed faces of the group.

"So that was how our engagement happened and even though hyuk and hae were shocked like you guys, unlike you, they took the surprise happily and clapped together with the guests."


"Dad took the mic again- “Now that Heechul and Hangeng were engaged, let me announce the next great news here” and he paused.


The group started anticipating.

"We have one more couple getting engaged today in front of us and they themselves do not know that today is their engagement. Let me tell you, the heir of my Lee industries, my second son, Lee Eunhyuk is also getting engaged today with Lee Donghae, only son of Mr. and Mrs. Lee Joon Mu. Ladies and gentleman, please welcome, Lee Donghae and Lee Eunhyuk on to the stage."

Hyuk and Hae went up the stage with shock written over their faces.

"You both are getting engaged today. You can now exchange rings sealing your relationship" Dad said patting hyuk.

They both froze on stage with wide eyes. Hae's parents shook hae and I hit hyuk's head.

They took rings still with shocked faces and with shaking fingers, exchanged rings. Crowd cheered with applauses. We were clapping happily.”

“But hyuk and hae were still not fully recovered from their shock so they couldn’t believe anything happening around them. They were completely out of it and could not even be happy enjoying their moments.”

“Dad just shook his head and asked guests to enjoy the party while we dragged the frozen creatures back to their seat. Hae could not stop tears while hyuk was still shaking.”

“That was the time we thought we made a wrong decision to have their engagement as a surprise because they did not take it well.”

“It took time for us to confront hae and to stop his sobbing. Hyuk paled with all the shaking and nervousness. “

“Seeing their state, we took them back to the hotel and let them rest for the night. We felt guilty for  things went wrong way.”

“Dad apologized to hae's parents and they together with us agreed that we never expected the event to turn out this way… Instead of a happy moment, their engagement became a mess and thus a disaster in our memories.”

“The next day, we met hyuk and hae at breakfast and asked them if they were happy with their engagement. They both looked at each other and then at their rings but neither they replied nor smiled.”


“We were really anxious. We felt the thick air with awkward silence at the table.”

“Finally hyuk spoke, “Dad, It’s not like that. I am very happy to be engaged but it’s just that I couldn't take the surprised and was shocked for a bit. I .. I .. I froze and started shivering that time but seems ... Hae... Hae is not... it seems he is not happy with our engagement”. He hung his lead low and hae opened his eyes wide in shock and stared at hyuk. We really felt guilty for forcing hae into it.

Hae's Dad asked him "Son Hae, you are not happy with the engagement? Please forgive your parents neh , We apologize for our mistake. We should have considered your opinion"

"No Appa, I am fine with the engagement. Since Hyuk was shivering, I thought he might not be ready for this engagement, I .. I got disappointed that hyuk did not seem happy so I couldn't help but feel sad. That is why I cried" Hae answered.

Hyuk lifted his head surprised and looked at hae.

we shook our heads at their innocence and

"Are you really fine with the engagement?" hyuk asked hae.

"Of course hyukkie!!  what about you?" Hae asked hyuk hesitating.

"You bet. I was waiting for our turn because heechul hyung said that we would only get engaged after them." Hyuk smiled for the first time that day.

Hae just blushed, " Then why did you ... you know ... freeze? I am sorry; I thought you were not ready for r

Please log in to read the full chapter