Chapter 21

Love Conquers All
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sungmin got applauses for his excellence at first assignment and he wanted to celebrate it with kyu.

Together they went to a club to celebrate their first success outside school and they were able to get rid of the awkwardness and hesitance between them and got back as friends
but even with alcohol’s help, they were not able to dare enough to let the other know their feelings.

 

Mission resumed

 

 

Kangin continued the story...

“Once hyuk and hae were back at the school, kyu and they resumed their mission to break the wedding of kyu and eunjae. Sungmin also joined them in their missions helping with planning things. “


“Eunjae and her boyfriend used to call hyuk or kyu to get the updates.
They could not do significant progress over time.”

“Kyu started going to school and after few days, the group assembled at their regular table for lunch. Everyone was chatting happily except kyumin and eunhae. Kyu was sighing frequently and hyuk and hae were eating their food with no interest. Minnie was faking smile, chatting with wookie who was explaining something about their class."

A/N: The below conversation is in italics because it was in past.


"Kyu, you are sighing a lot today, what happened? Why do you look so stressed?" leeteuk asked kyu, making the ‘mission’ batch to get out of their thoughts.
 

"It’s nothing teukie hyung, I just feel a bit tired these days. That’s it. “Kyu tried faking smile to him.

"Then why you both seem so down? Hyuk and hae?" leeteuk turned the question to eunhae couple.

"No, nothing... It’s just that I don't like today's menu" Hae came up with the first excuse he got in his mind.


“Is it? Don’t you like steak?" teukie questioned donghae.

"Huh... h-hyung,, no not like that . I like them but today, it doesn't taste to my preference “Hae tried covering up.

"What about you, hyuk? Don’t you like today's dishes too?" Leeteuk asked hyuk.
" Oh yeah, s-same ... yes same hyung" Hyuk answered not looking at anyone.

"What are you talking hyuk?… its strawberry pudding today on menu … you love this strawberry pudding and you haven't touched it a bit. It’s weird seeing strawberry doesn't feel appetizing to you?" Leeteuk countered.  Hyuk got attention from whole group with this question from leeteuk.

Hyuk did not notice that menu had strawberry pudding…
He couldn’t answer the question. He hung his head low and just sighed

"I have been noticing that, all 4 of you seem too tired all the time and totally washed out.. I don’t know if you all are stressed due to same reason or not but it’s not good for your health." Leeteuk's umma instincts had caught their little act.

"Also, I thought, we are a group. So, if anyone of you has problems, you should share it among us so that we could also help it. You don't have to keep it to yourselves" Kangin announced sincerely.

"It’s not like that hyung, ,...." sungmin tried to cover up but Yesung interrupted.

"Yeah, I too have seen that kyu looks too stressed lately and I have a feeling that Hyuk is with kyu in whatever kyu is going through. Only hyuk would know the things with kyu and seeing hyuk ignoring his precious strawberry, I am sure they have been onto something serious and important"

"Is it true hyuk hyung?" Wookie asked hyuk.

Hyuk sighed. he thought it was time to open up to the group because they together haven't made any progress . It might help if anyone in the group can come up with something of help.
He motioned kyu to let it out, encouraging him silently that everything is going to be okay.

Kyu understood the look from hyuk and turned towards Minnie, silently asking him for his support through his eyes. Then he turned to the group.

Please log in to read the full chapter