Chapter 2

Love Conquers All
Please log in to read the full chapter

The Meeting


“I can't help it. It’s different" Kibum answered Siwon and signaled Wookie to continue.

 

"Mr. Lee then contacted Mr. Park asking him if i Hae's parents would let hyuk hyung meet hae hyung once before  they decide for marriage.
Mr. Park somehow convinced Hae’s parents to let them meet at Mokpo. Hae’s parents made all arrangements for Mr. Lee’s family at Mokpo for their stay of a day” Wookie was interrupted by Kyuhyun.

"All this time, that Idiot did not even let a word out to me” kyuhyun hissed.

"Not only to you Kyu, He never told me that he had asked dad to arrange such a meeting" Heechul patted Kyuhyun's shoulders.

All of a sudden, Yesung and Kangin laughed looking at each other. Others just stared at them not understanding the reason for their outburst.

“We suddenly remembered Hyuk’s face that day when he received the message that Hae’s parents agreed to let them meet at Mokpo. His reaction was more dramatic but he convinced us, saying that he was not feeling well that day." Yesung said.

."We were really pabos to believe him”. Kanging said and others joined him in laughter.
 

Kibum was just looking at them weirdly so leeteuk said,

“Ah, Wookie continue...”


“One day Eunhyuk hyung was with Kyu and Me, at our English class in school. Our English teacher Mr. Kim is known for his attitude. No one ever interrupts his class for fear of getting hard assignments and rude treatment. In middle of the class, Hyuk hyung received message from his dad that Hae’s parents have agreed to let Hyuk hyung meet Hae hyung at their residence. hyuk hyung never expected his plan to turn out like this and so he was not prepared for the meeting. He panicked and suddenly yelled loud, “WHAT??? I DID NOT EXPECT THIS?”. We froze at his outburst and were looking at Mr. Kim afraid of his reaction. “Well, Mr. Lee! Seems you also did not expect your responsibility of cleaning the drama room this evening for interrupting my class. You cannot go out without the approval of drama department in charge at your cleaning. Understood?” We were shivering at his cold voice while Hyuk was lost in his thoughts looking at his mobile. Kyu kicked his leg under the table to get his attention and he understood that Mr. Kim was glaring at him so he bowed and murmured “I am sorry and I will behave”. Mr. Kim continued his class after giving us a 10 minutes scolding over being irresponsible at classes. We just let it go at the time because we were worried for hyuk because we did not know what was happening with him at that time. Hyung kind of rushed out after Mr. Kim’s class and disappeared for the rest of the day. We thought it was due to his stress over the coming intercollege dance competition and he might be practicing at dance studio and did not pay much attention to it." But Hyuk hyung spent the rest of the day pacing back and forth at our school rooftop. He missed all his classes that day thinking about the message.”

“Heechul hyung, you have to take over from here" Wookie smiled at Heechul hyung and instantly kibum turned over Heechul's direction.
 

“After getting out of his panic attack and clearing up drama department, Hyuk came to my office that evening.  He looked like a mess. His face had a concerned look and his hair, shirt and tie were out of place making him look like a sick person. I initially thought he might have got into some fights and did not want our dad to find out. Later when he said he had to clean the school drama room props, I thought he might have been tired.  I asked him to tell me If he was tired or feeling sick. He shook his head and blurted out that he had asked dad to let him to meet Hae and now Hae’s parents have agreed to it . He showed me the message in his mobile.  I did not understand why he would do such a thing because for me, it seemed rude to reject a cutie like him after their meeting. I yelled at him a lot and he looked at me with teary eyes. I understood he was stopping his tears flowing out so I hugged him and tried to confront him. Once he was fine, I asked him to explain, why he thought meeting hae would be a meaningful step. He said he just thought that Hae’s parents will disagree to their meeting because they might think that Hyuk is rude to initiate such concept and then the whole marriage thing will be pushed aside. I was shocked hearing his childish thinking and understood that he had definitely made a big mess. I got worried for the next steps but deep inside my heart, I had a hope that hae is perfect for hyuk and that they would click together if they meet. So I encouraged hyuk to go along his plan and meet hae. He was reluctant at first but finally he gave in to my idea”

 

“The next day morning, Hyuk came to my room with a list of questions he prepared to ask Hae when they meet. Hangeng was also with us” Heechul smiled at this

He then turned to Hangeng and asked “Geng, Do you remember the questions he showed us the next day? They were sooo childish, stupid, ridiculous and weird. Like which boy band you like? What kind of dance you prefer? Do you sing in your shower? Have you tried to reading English literature? Who is your favorite politician?  and blah blah blah. I never took hyuk to be a big fool. We couldn't stop laughing at him for whole day. Even our dad enjoyed his irritating questions."

 

The group broke out at Heechul sharing the ridiculous questions of Eunhyuk. Once their laughs subsided, Heechul continued the story again...

“It took a couple of days for the monkey to prepare some reasonable questions and he prepared them with the help of you guys in the group without your knowledge.” Everyone gaped at the information,

“He tried to collect your views on your partner and managed to conclude what could make a match for him along your views" Hangeng told them.

They were silently praising hyuk at his intelligent plan.


Heechul continued "Soon it was the day we started off to Mokpo to meet hae and his family. Hangeng was also with us in our car obviously. The monkey brother of mine couldn't contain his nervousness. He was finding excuses to make us stay at Seoul and whining to postpone this meeting some other time. But we ignored his whines and started off to Mokpo. Hyuk couldn’t sit still in his seat for at least a minute. Throughout the journey, he was asking us stupid questions like what if he slips when he enters their house, what if he chokes on food during their meeting with Hae’s family, what if his hand slips while drinking water or juice that hae might offer and the liquid leaves strains on his shirt, what if he couldn't remember the questions he wanted to ask, what if he mess-up his meeting,.. etc. etc., He did not eat for whole journey saying that he feels like throwing up.  He even made us stop the car saying sick suddenly and wants to go to Home back. But despite all his excuses, we managed to get him to Mokpo"

This part of story, is new to Eunhyuk's friends too so the group were attentive to the story imagining hyuk through the scenes Heechul was explaining

“It was afternoon when we reached our destination. Hae’s parents came to receive us. They appeared to be very caring and responsible people. They welcomed us warmly and took care of all our requirements. I and Dad instantly liked their warmness and their home was cozy

Please log in to read the full chapter