Chapter 16

Love Conquers All
Please log in to read the full chapter

"But we would have to wait till tomorrow to know what happened" Hyuk laid his head on hae's.

“I hope they would agree." Hae snuggled close to hyuk.

 

 Plans to stop engagement

 

Next day, Hyuk and Hae left early to school in their car. They did not want any of their friends to find out about them being together. They parted ways going to their respective classes. Hyuk met Kyu at his class but they did not get a chance to catch up during classes. Hyuk kept glancing as kyu seemed worried and disappointed.

During lunch break, Hyuk pulled Kyu aside and led to him to the open space outside their cafeteria and made him sit with him at a corner.
"What happened yesterday?" Hyuk got straight to the point.

Kyu sighed before responding, "They listened to the idea but they did not seem to have any thoughts of postponing the engagement. They said they will think about it and dismissed us "
Kyu hung his head in defeat.

Hyuk went thinking on what they should do. It seemed the engagement is inevitable. He sighed.

"Okay let’s get to cafeteria. Our group might have been waiting for us. Let’s take a break to think for next step" Hyuk motioned Kyu to go the table.

Hae looked curiously at hyuk and kyu once they joined but he could sense the disappointment on their faces. “Seems the plan did not work." Hae thought to himself.

Minnie was also looking at kyu. Kyu was playing with the food, not eating anything. He understood something was wrong with him. He desperately wanted to help him, To hold him and confront him that everything is going to be fine but he stopped himself.

All the time during their lunch, Kyu and hyuk were lost in thoughts and were unconsciously sighing a lot. group did not notice it but hae and Minnie caught their worry.

Hae looked at Minnie who was sitting beside him, glancing kyu time to time to understand what's wrong with him.


Hae squeezed Minnie’s hand, silently conveying that everything is going to be okay. Minnie too felt the caring meaning from hae's gesture and smiled at him thankfully.

Soon the group parted for their classes. Kyu did not feel like listening to classes so he said he is not feeling well and will be heading home. He went to Hyuk and said that he will try to think over at alone place and will call him if he gets any ideas and asked hyuk to do the same and update eunjae on it.

Hyuk and Hae had same class that afternoon and hae sat beside hyuk and none of the class took it to consideration.
Once class started, Hae took out a note and wrote, "Did the plan not work?" and showed it to hyuk.

Hyuk was still in his thoughts sighing when hae showed him. He read the note and replied,
"Yes. Their parents asked for time but seems they will dismiss it" Hyuk replied back
"that’s a bad news. So you guys thought of next plan?" hae wrote on the note.
"No. still thinking about it" hyuk replied.

Hae sensed hyuk's worry and was trying to help in any way he could.
Both hyuk and hae were thinking on what's next pushing the lectures aside for the day.

"Why are their parents so stiff that their engagement should happen next week? What’s hurry?" Hae asked hyuk once they reached their apartment.


"It seems eunaje's grandfather is the one pushing it. His health doesn’t seem to be subtle these days and he wishes to see eunjae's wedding soon" Hyuk answered from his room while changing.
"Oo" hae just relied shortly going to his room to change.

Hyuk went back to TV while Hae sat beside him.
“What about dinner? I will start on it" Hae asked for opinion from hyuk.
"I don’t feel like it. Let's order some Italian food for today" Hyuk took his mobile to order takeaway for them.

TV was running in the room but neither hyuk not hae was paying attention.
Soon there was a beep sound indicating that they have v

Please log in to read the full chapter