042

A NERD'S HEART BREAKER BOYFRIEND
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“when?” He asked once again. He closed his eyes, preparing himself not to cry when she answered him. He knew he had to prepare himself. He took a deep breath and just as when he was about to ask her, he heard her soft voice.

 

“Monday night.”

 

“Wait what?” He opened his eyes, totally not expecting her answer. He thought he was just hearing things and daydreaming so he asked her once again.

 

“Monday L.joe-ssi. We’ll be back on Monday.” Jaewon looked at him confused. L.joe looked back, his tears stopped flowing down. He blinked at her. She blinked at him.

 

 

Silence.

 

 

“Monday?” L.joe asked again.

 

“Monday.” Jaewon nodded.

 

“Monday? You mean this coming Monday?” He asked her again, now feeling relieved when she nodded once again.

 

“Oh thank goodness!!!” He breathed and now that relief washed over him, he felt his knees buckling below him. He slumped down on the floor.

 

“Omo! Are you okay?” Jaewon knelt down.

 

“Yes! Very okay.” He said still dazed at what had happened.

 

“Wait. So you’re not going abroad?” He tilted his head and looked at her. Jaewon’s eyebrows furrowed.

 

“What? Abroad? Where did y-“

 

“Jo Jonghwan.” L.joe groaned and held his head. Why did he trust that guy again? That question still lingered in his mind. He stopped thinking of the revenge he was planning inside his head when he heard her chuckle. He looked up and saw Jaewon covering to prevent her laugh.

 

“Yah! Stop that! It’s embarrassing!” He grimaced and lowered his head while repeatedly cursing Jonghwan under his breath.

 

“L.joe-ssi. Don’t be so embarrassed. It’s cute you know” Jaewon giggled but stopped when she realized what she had said then turned crimson red. She looked at L.joe, saw him now smirking clearly teasing her. She cleared and asked him if he wants something or not. L.joe finally stood up and scratched his head.

 

“Water will do.” He followed her inside the kitchen while staring at her all throughout the time from the second she entered the kitchen to the second she handed him a cup of water.

 

“Is there something wrong?” Jaewon asked when L.joe did not take the cup after a second.

 

“None.” He muttered while taking the cup from Jaewon and gulped down water.

 

Silence.

 

“so..” “so..” They started at the same time and looked at each other. Flustered and embarrassed, both of them turned away from each other’s gaze.

 

Silence.

 

L.joe his lips and started talking without looking at Jaewon.

 

“So.. uh.. where.. uh.. Where are you going then?”

 

Jaewon looked at him and saw him playing with his cup. She took a deep breath first and looked at the cup he was playing.

 

“I.. We.. I and Eomma will spend the weekend on Halmeoni and Harabeoji’s house. Halmeoni called last night. She said Harabeoji was rushed in the hospital and Eomma told me to pack up right away. We were just waiting for a package to arrive so we could leave.”

 

“Aah.” L.joe nodded; he was more relieved to know that she’s not going abroad.

 

“L.joe-ssi.” Jaewon called him softly and they met eyes.

 

“What did Jo Jonghwan tell you?” Jaewon looked at him. Curiosity was written all over her face. L.joe gulped and fidgeted on his seat. Somehow he felt so embarrassed telling her the reason why he dashed to her house and told her those words. He felt himself

Please log in to read the full chapter