23

A NERD'S HEART BREAKER BOYFRIEND
Please log in to read the full chapter

“So tired. So tired!” first thing that came out of Jonghwan’s mouth when he and the others returned from the market.

“WE’RE HERE!” he shouted. Jaewon went out of the kitchen to get what they bought because her and her grandmother will cook it. She looked behind Jonghwan and only saw Rockhyun and Minwoo.

“Eee? L.joe~ssi didn’t come with you?” Jonghwan looked behind him.

“He’s not here yet? He separated from us because he said he’s better off alone and bought the snacks and drinks for later.”

“E? But he’s not yet familiar-“

“Don’t worry Jaewon~ah. L.joe’s a smart guy, for sure he knows where he will go.” Minwoo reassured as Jaewon nodded and went in the kitchen.

 

......

 

“Where did we walk awhile ago?” L.joe said as he looked from left to right, obviously getting lost at the place unknown for him.

“Why did I even separate from those bastards?” L.joe groaned as he just walked to wherever his feet take him to.

 

......

 

“Jonari. It’s been 3 hours and the grocery store isn’t that far here. L.joe~ssi’s lost!” Jaewon said as she hurried to her room and got herself a thick coat.

“I’ll find him! Go have lunch first halmeoni! Harabeoji! And you guys!”

“Wait Jaewon~ah! You can just call him!” Jonghwan said before Jaewon can even open the door. Jaewon looked at him and realized that what he said was true. She fished her phone out of her pocket and opened it.

“Wait.” She averted her gaze from her phone to Jonghwan and bit her lips.

“I don’t have his number.”

 

 

“Soooooo cold!” Jaewon shivered once she stepped out of the door.

“Now i wonder where will i find L.joe~ssi.” Jaewon talked to herself while walking fast.

“It’s been three hours. Where did that fellow go?” She looked to her right and saw the grocery store. She went inside but didn’t see any trace of him.

“Excuse me.” She talked to the cashier, luckily there were no line in the cashier and she can talk freely to the person in-charge.

“Yes? What can I help you ma’am?”

“Have you seen a handsome man? About this height, has black hair, and his nose is like this.” Jaewon said as she started to make hand and body gestures, hoping that the cashier can understand and imagine the person she was talking about.

“He was wearing a black t-shirt and a jeans and he was wearing a bonnet.” Jaewon said as the cashier started to tilt her head.

“There were so many people who bought here and looked like that, ma’am.”

“deh? Then what should i do?” Jaewon bit her lips and looked outside, and at the same time she saw someone familiar wandering around the area.

“Omo! I think I saw him already! thank you miss! Sorry for the inconvenience though.” She bowed many times and exited the store.

 

.......

 

“Oh! The store! I’m here again.” L.joe was becoming frustrated. His body was already shivering due to the very cold weather and he was only wearing a t-shirt. His legs started to shiver so much that he almost got out of balance and he leaned on a post.

“So cold! So cold! That bastard Jonghwan! Dragging me outside without letting me to get my coat. I’m going to hunt you if I die because of this cold.” L.joe growled.Not long after, he heard his name and looked up.

“L.joe~ssi! L.joe~ssi!” 

“Jaewon?”

“OMO! L.JOE~SSI! Are you okay? You look so pale!” Jaewon ran beside him and observed him. He indeed was shivering and looking so pale.

“Come! Let’s go home!” Jaewon snatched the groceries out of his grip and held his arm, guiding him to the right direction but L.joe was already feeling weak and adding to it, the cold air is making him freeze.

“L.joe~ssi! OMO!” Jaewon called him. She’s getting worried with him and he was shivering so badly. Jaewon took off her coat and wore it to him.

“No. No. I’m okay! You need it!” L.joe tried giving it to her but Jaewon insisted.

“Let’s go somewhere warm. I’ll call Jonghwan to fetch us here.” Jaewon assisted L.joe inside the store, where she just got out, and called Jonghwan.

 

“Jaewon~ah where are you?”

“Oi Jo Jonghwan! Bring a coat and go in the store where we always buy ramyun! Ppali ppali!!” Jaewon said and ended the call without even saying goodbye.

“L.joe~ssi. Wait!” Jaewon stood up and bought something.

“Here.” She handed him a hot pack.

“This will at least help you to warm up.” Jaewon said as L.joe held the hot pack and looked at her.

“Aren’t you cold?”

“I’m okay.” She reassured him.

“Let’s share.” L.joe coughed and sniffed as he took her hand and shared the hot pack with her.

“You looked cold too.” L.joe mumbled. He started to feel dizzy but he ignored it, hoping that it’ll subside.

 

“Bwoya? Are you two taping a drama or something?” they heard a voice and saw Jonghwan who was glaring at L.joe and pushed him aside as he sat where L.joe was sitting awhile ago and threw a coat to Jaewon.

“Yah! You’re being too harsh!” Jaewon shouted and stood up. She walked to where L.joe was and noticed that something was wrong.

“L.joe~ssi?” She called him.

no response.

“L.joe~ssi?” She started shaking him but to no avail, L.joe still isn’t answering.

“Bwoya? What the heck is this guy?” Jonghwan stood up and told Jaewon to step aside as he knelt down to the lying L.joe.

“Oy L.joe! Stand up-“ Jonghwan stopped talking and saw L.joe’s pale face.

“Jonghwan~ah. Wae?” Jaewon asked as Jonghwan silently handed her money.

“Go buy a medicine! This guy’s sick!” He said while pulling L.joe and carried him on his back.

 

......

 

L.joe grunted when he felt something warm on his forehead. He opened his eyes and saw Jaewon wiping his arms and his legs with a warm towel. He sat up and immediately groaned when he felt his head throbbing so crazy and his head fall back onto the pillow, his head felt so heavy.

“Omo! L.joe~ssi! You’re awake? Anything hurts?” Jaewon asked him worriedly.

“Head. My head hurts.” L.joe coughed while holding his throbbing head.

“Your fever is so high. No doubt you have a bad headache and because you stayed in the cold for a long time. Wait a minute L.joe~ssi. I’ll get you something to eat so you can drink your medicine.” Jaewon immediately stood up and shuffled out of the room.

 

“Here L.joe~ssi.” Jaewon helped him to sit up. She put a clothe on her left hand and put the hot bowl of porridge on top of it as she get a spoonful of porridge and blew it. She slowly moved the spoon to his lips and looked at him, expecting him to get what she wanted to say and open his mouth. But L.joe only stared at her and weakly snatched the spoon and feeds himself.

“L-L.joe~ssi.”

“I’m okay. There’s no need to treat me like a child.” He coldly spoke and with shaking hand, he scooped another spoonful of porridge that was in Jaewon’s hand and slowly put it on his mouth, but because his hand was shaking profusely, it spilled on hi

Please log in to read the full chapter