29

A NERD'S HEART BREAKER BOYFRIEND
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

FLASHBACK

“I love you." Jonghwan hugged her tighter and he was fighting the urge to cry. Silence. Pure silence surrounded the both of them. He felt her patting his back.

“I love you too" Oh the joys to hear it from Cha Jaewon...... but he wishes that she means to say it the same way he meant it. He hoped that her answer is something like she was saying that she loves him back not just as a bestfriend but as a man. As a lover. But Jonghwan already knew that it is impossible for her to mean it that way. That will never happen and he knew it. He knew that she always means it as his bestfriend and anything beyond that? maybe there is. A BROTHER. And that really means that he doesn’t have a chance to make her fall for him. However, the stubborn boy believed in that saying, ‘try and try until you succeed’. He didn’t want to take his friends’ advice on stopping his feelings for her, instead, he became more desperate to get her heart.

“Why? What’s wrong?" Jaewon asked him those questions again. This time, Jonghwan pulled out from the hug. He shook his head while smiling brightly down at her.

“Nothing.” He answered softly.

“Pffft nothing your face. Why?” Jaewon asked him again. Jonghwan heartily smiled then he hugged her waist as he dragged her inside the kitchen.

“You were cooking right?” He asked her. Jaewon tilted her head in confusion.

“H-How did you know?” Jonghwan rolled his eyes and pointed to her apron. She nodded her head when she finally realized that she’s still wearing her apron and facepalmed for being such an idiot.

“What are you cooking? For what? Are you done?” This time, Jonghwan bombarded her with questions.

“I cooked so I can eat my lunch since Eomma is busy with her work and she told me that she will make it up to me when she finished with her work. And I’m almost done.” Jonghwan ooh-ed and sat on a chair.

“Ppali ppali! I’m hungry!” He whine and childishly banging the table. Jaewon scoffed at the boy, surely, day by day the behaviour of this man is becoming unreadable and more confusing.

“Here!” Jaewon carefully placed the kimchi stew on the table. She served the rice and put the utensils on the table.

“Let’s eat.” She said and gets a spoonful of rice.

“What are you going today?” Jonghwan asked in the middle of their silent eating. Jaewon looked up from her meal and answered him that she’s just going to revise her notes and read about their past lessons and do advance readings. Jonghwan grimaced when he heard her. He didn’t want to remember nor do anything school related especially if there are only 2 days left until school starts again.

“Leave it! Let’s go out.” He announced and that’s where they ended up in the Lotte World.

 

BACK TO THE PRESENT

Jaewon and Jonghwan were now walking around the amusement park. Their hands were interlaced to each other. Jaewon happily smiled at Jonghwan and swayed their hands back and forth while the love struck boy beside her was biting the insides of his cheek, suppressing his wide grin and giggles. His heart was beating so fast as if he had ran for an hour and he thought that it will jump right out of his chest. The blissful feeling that he’s experiencing right now is way way beyond the feelings he always imagined once this thing happens.

“Are you hungry?” Jaewon asked, snapping him out of his fantasies.

“We just ate lunch. I’m still full.” Jaewon pouted when she heard Jonghwan’s answer. She was expecting him to say ‘i am. Are you? come on let’s eat!’ which unfortunately wasn’t what he said. Jonghwan turned his head to look at her and saw her pouting. For that moment, he was so tempted to hold her chin and turn her head to him and plant a kiss on her luscious looking lips.

"Psssssssst!" Jaewon snapped her fingers in front of his face. Jonghwan's eyes flickered, again waking up from his daydreaming.

"Oi Jo Jonghwan! Just how many times must I snap you back to reality?” Jaewon stomped her feet in frustration. Jonghwan looked at her and cleared his throat.

“I’m sorry.” He said. Jaewon glared at him and thought of a good idea.

“If you’re sorry then buy me food!” She pretended to be mad at him. Jonghwan raised his eyebrows and snickered.

“If you’re hungry just tell me. Don’t pretend to be mad because acting is not your forte.” He . He didn’t wait for her response because he already knew that she will only nag at him. He pulled her to a food stall nearby and told her to buy what she wanted.

“You’re going to pay for it right?” Jaewon confirmed first and she started to pick these and those when Jonghwan nodded his head.

 

......

 

“Dwaeji.” Jonghwan muttered under his breath. They were sitting on a bench, Jaewon happily eating her food heard him but didn’t give a damn. She’s happy that she gets to eat now. And adding to it, it’s free! What’s better than to eat free food?

“Next time you need to treat me too!” He nudged her. Jaewon stared at him and nodded. Silence passed the both of them and they didn’t say a word. Not that they don’t want to talk to each other. Just a comfortable silence.

Jonghwan looked to his side and saw Jaewon happily eating her food. He smiled when he saw her smiling. He was proud to himself that he made her happy, though it’s not him but food but hey it’s his money who bought that food. He leaned on the backrest of the bench and heaved a deep sigh of happiness. He looked up the sky and prayed for this day to never end. Getting bored at the same time, he looked at Jaewon again and saw her looking everywhere while stuffing food in . He stifled a giggle, resisted himself from pinching her adorable cheeks. He reached his hand out and pulled her left braided hair. Jaewon turned to him and asked him what’s his problem. He replied her with a shrug and looked away. Jaewon squinted her eyes at him and let it slide away. She returned to wander around the park, unaware of the guy beside her. Jonghwan meekly smiled and pulled her hair again and when Jaewon was about to look at him, he looked elsewhere while whistling, pretending that he didn’t do anything. Jaewon rolled her eyes at his childish behaviour and diverted her eyes away from him. Again. Jonghwan furtively reached out his hand again, this time he was the one who was unaware that Jaewon can see his hand from the very corner of her eyes and before he could ever grab her hair, Jaewon grabbed his hand and squeezed it so tight.

“AAAAAWWWW!” Jonghwan shrieked in pain and retreated his hand away from hers. He pouted while examining if his bones were still fine. He glared at his bestfriend and Jaewon stucked her tongue out.

 

 

 

“WTF? ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS?” L.joe cursed loudly when he saw where his friends took him to.

“Why? Don’t you want to be here?!” Chunji asked him and gave him the ticket.

“I’m not your son nor your lover. Why did you take me here?” L.joe closed his eyes in exasperation.

“Come on! We’re going to have fun in here!” CAP persuaded.

“Really? You’re the one who said that?” L.joe mocked their leader making the other guys laugh.

“Yah!” CAP was about to say more but Changjo interrupted hi

Please log in to read the full chapter