036 - EDITED

A NERD'S HEART BREAKER BOYFRIEND
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Jo Jonghwan." Jaewon unconsciously mumbled when she opened their house's door and came face to face with Jo Jonghwan.

"Dwaeeeeeeji~” Jonghwan cooed and waved at her mother when he saw her in the house.

"Why are you here?" Jaewon asked when Jonghwan pulled her out and shut the front door. Jonghwan stared at her then shrugged. He himself didn't know why he's here after all what happened the day before.

"I think L.joe-ssi will be here any-"

"Do you still want to see him? After everything you've heard?" Jonghwan blurted. He was slightly frantic. She still wants to see him? After finding out that he doesn't have any feelings for her.

"No. Not that. I-" Jaewon violently shook her head. She looked at Jonghwan then sighed hard.

"I was grateful actually that you came. I was not ready to face him or see him yet since he always fetch me at morning. I was just shock that you came because you didn't pass by here for a long time." Jaewon explained. Jonghwan eyed her sternly. It’s true that he stopped going to her house. Why bother? She will always go by L.joe’s side anyways. It’s as if he’s invisible every time he will fetch her and L.joe will also too and beat him to it.

He nodded as an acknowledgment to what she said and moved his head to the side telling her to start walking. Jaewon snorted but moved anyways.

 

“Cha Jaewon!” L.joe called. He was riding his motorcycle again. He stopped just right beside Jaewon and Jonghwan and glared at the other boy who glared back at him.

“What are you doing here?” L.joe asked.

“It’s none of your business.” Jonghwan clucked his tongue and squinted his eyes at L.joe.

“Cha Jaewon! Kaja!” He shouted while having an eye to eye battle with Jo Jonghwan. He diverted his gaze from Jonghwan to Jaewon who was still standing beside Jonghwan, not moving.

“I said let’s go.” L.joe repeated. Jaewon gulped and turned her head towards Jonghwan. Probably asking for his help. Jonghwan saw uncertainty in her eyes and boldly grabbed her hands.

“She won’t go with you.” Jonghwan said while grabbing her hand. L.joe’s eyebrows furrowed at the sight.

“Let’s go.” He growled and turned his glare from Jonghwan to Jaewon. Jaewon shuddered under his frightening eyes and gripped on Jonghwan’s hand. Jonghwan smirked when he saw how L.joe looked so pissed right now. But before he can provoke the latter one again, he felt Jaewon loosening her grip from his and removing her hands from him. He turned to her and raised his eyebrows, asking what’s wrong. Jaewon pulled Jonghwan away from L.joe and turned their backs on him. Jaewon pulled him closely.

“Jonari. I’m sorry.” Jonghwan stared at her confused.

“Huh? Why?” Jaewon fidgeted on her place.

“Don’t tell me..” Jonghwan trailed and his eyes widened. Is this girl an imbecile?

“Yah!” He shouted at her making the girl flinch. He scoffed at her.

“Are you really going to go to school with him?” He asked her just to clarify if what he was thinking was true. He gritted his teeth when he saw Jaewon nodding her head.

“Are you nuts?” He asked her, feeling peevish at how this girl can be so foolish. Jaewon bit her lips.

“I- I just don’t want you to fight with him-“

“Go with him or forget this so-called friendship.” Jaewon looked at him wide-eyed. Did he just make her pick between him and L.joe?

“Jo Jonghwan” she mumbled while studying Jonghwan’s face looking for any signs of humor in his face but no. He’s serious. Dead serious.

 

“Yah! What are you two talking about?” L.joe shouted. Jonghwan sent daggers at the boy.

“Shut up!” He shouted back and turned back his attention to Jaewon. He thought his heart felt limp and numb already for it didn’t hurt anymore. But he was wrong. It hurts even more seeing how she was thinking hard at what he told her.

“Cha Jaewon.” He called her. Jaewon looked at him. Her eyes landing on his eyes. His eyes which looks to be in pain, devastated.

“Jo Jong-“

“Just go.” He said and walked passed her. Jaewon stared at his back.

“Jonari.” His name just came out of her lips unconsciously.

“Cha Jaewon. Let’s go.” She heard L.joe’s soft voice and noticed that he was beside her. His eyes softened at how she looks so shock and vulnerable right now. What did they talk about? He didn’t know. But he wanted to give her reassurance especially that the two of them looked to be in such a pain and how he saw them from afar, they looked to be falling apart. Though he wanted Jonghwan away from Jaewon, he hoped that nothing wrong will happen. Jonghwan is Jaewon’s best friend after all and they’ve been through good times and hard times.

He handed her a helmet and she absentmindedly took it. L.joe sighed and wore it on her head. He took her hand and led her to his motorcycle and rode it and turned to see if she was behind him and sitting properly. He grabbed her hand and wrapped it around his waist.

“Ready?” He asked her softly and drove carefully when he felt her nodding.

 

Jonghwan sighed when L.joe’s motorcycle passed by him. He let a tear slip out of his eye when he saw Jaewon’s arms around L.joe’s waist and chuckled bitterly.

“So this is what will happen, huh? I wonder who will you choose between me and him. I doubt you’ll ever pick ....

 

 

 

 

Me.” He shook his head and wiped his eyes.

“i’m not in the mood to go to school now.” He said and walked the other way around. Hoping that wandering around will also help his heart and mind pay no heed with what’s happening or what will be happening with Cha Jaewon.

 

 

“You alright?” L.joe asked Jaewon once they got off the motorcycle. Jaewon nodded her head and handed him his helmet while bowing down. She turned her back after she said thanks and walked without giving a single glance to the boy. L.joe stared at her lifeless walking figure and threatened the student near him to park his motorcycle properly. He speed walked until he caught up Cha Jaewon. He halted her to a stop by placing a hand on her shoulders.

“Oy Cha Jaewon! Are you al-“ L.joe trailed and turned her around but stopped asking when he saw her crying.

“Yah~” He mumbled and attempted to wipe her tears but Jaewon avoided his hands and wiped her own tears.

“Are you alright?” He asked, taken aback at how she was being so distant with him.

“I’m fine.” Jaewon choked.

“Hey-“

“L.joe~ssi. I should go now.” Jaewon bowed and ran away from L.joe. He stared at her retreating figure. His hands flew to his left

Please log in to read the full chapter