26

A NERD'S HEART BREAKER BOYFRIEND
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Kids! I brought apples!” Jaewon’s grandpa shouted when he got inside the house. 100%, Jaewon, and L.joe looked up at him and saw him placing a basket of luscious-looking apples on the floor.

“Oh. Harabeoji. Where did you get such apples?”

“My cousin happened to grow some of those apples and gave them to me. We have round fruits for our New Year’s Eve party later, it’ll bring good luck for all of us.” Jaewon’s grandpa grinned, thinking of the good lucks that happened to them every year.

“Harabeoji. I told you, those round fruits don’t give you luck. You’re the one who create your lucks.” Jaewon nagged and picked up the basket.

“Where are you going with those apples?”

“I’m going to wash it!” She said and proceeded to the kitchen to wash the apples.

“So red and shiny. It really looks so delicious.” Jaewon her lips, tempted to take a bite on the apple she was holding.

“Aigoo. Later.” She scolded herself from being impatient and quickly washed the other apples. Once she was done, she went out of the kitchen with the clean apples and placed it at the center.

“Let’s eat!” She said and picked one, as well as the other guys.

“Delicious!” They all exclaimed.

“As expected of these apples, it’s so delicious.” Minwoo smiled and took another bite.

“It surely is delicious, but hyung. The way you looked while saying that it looks like you’re filming a commercial.” Chanyong chuckled.

“Really? Then.. Will people buy these apples if I film a commercial with this?” Minwoo posed while holding the apples. Everyone stared at him with an unexplainable expression.

“I was just joking.” Minwoo awkwardly snickered.

“Oy Jo Jonghwan? Didn’t you like the apple?” Rockhyun looked at Jonghwan’s face.

“Mine tastes weird.” He mumbled while looking at the apple.

“It’s sweet and sour.” He explained. Rockhyun chuckled.

“Babo. Apples taste that way.”

“No hyung. It tastes sweet and sour but.. it’s more sour. So sour.” Rockhyun looked weirdly at Jonghwan and took a bite on his apple.

“It’s sour.” Rockhyun spitted the apple from his mouth and bit on his own.

“Go get another one then.” Rockhyun said. He kept on taking a bite on his apple, washing away the sourness of Jonghwan’s apple from his tongue.

*This apple is weird. I picked it because it looks redder and shinier than the other apples. It looks the most delicious but it tastes so sour.* Jonghwan shrugged the thoughts off and picked another apple.

 

 

“Aigoo. I’m tired already.” Jaewon puffed and slumped down the bench outside the house. They spent 3 hours in organizing and decorating the entire house for the New Year’s Eve. Though it only took half an hour for her to decorate the house since it’ll only have few and simple decorates to do, the two and a half hours were spent on scolding and nagging the other guys for playing around the house.

“Hah. I wasted a lot of energy by just using my mouth.” She exhaustedly sighed and leaned on the bench. Her eyes wandered and caught Jonghwan walking out of the house.

“Jo Jonghwan. That boy started to avoid me after Christmas. I wonder what I did wrong.” Jaewon pushed herself up and walked to Jonghwan.

“Where are you going?” She asked him.

“Nowhere.” Jonghwan answered coldly and dashed his way out of the gates.

“Jo Jonghwan.” She muttered and ran to catch up with him.

“JO JONGHWAN WAIT!” Jaewon shouted and ran faster. Soon, Jonghwan halted to a stop, however, Jaewon failed to slow down making her bump into his back.

“Oy!” Jaewon tried to a catch her breath.

“What’s wrong?” She worriedly asked. Jonghwan turned to look at her and when he saw her staring at him, he quickly looked away and walked to the convenient store near them. Jaewon didn’t say anything but she only followed the boy who started ignoring her for the reason she doesn’t know.

 

........

 

“Here.” Jonghwan placed a cup of noodles in front of her. He sat down beside her, still avoiding her eyes. Jaewon smiled gratefully and waited for the noodles to be cooked.

“Wait.” Jaewon bought something and placed two yoghurt drinks in front of Jonghwan.

“Yah!” He turned and caught her drinking a bottle already. He snatched the yoghurt she’s drinking and kept away the other one from her.

“Yah! I bought it!”

“Drink it after eating.” He scolded. Jaewon glared at him.

“No. I won’t give it to you.” Jonghwan glared back. Defeated and frustrated, Jaewon slumped on her seat and glared at the cup of noodles in front of her.

“Pssh. Sulking again?” Jonghwan asked and looked at her. She keeps on glaring at the innocent cup of noodles.

“Oi.” Jonghwan poked her arms.

No answer.

“Cha Jaewon.” Jonghwan gently elbowed her.

No answer.

“Jaewon~ah.” Jonghwan leaned on her.

No answer.

“Jaewonnie~” He cooed and poked her sides, she flinched by the touch and looked at him.

“Bwo?” She asked him still sulking.

“Pfft! You know you won’t be able to finish those noodles if you’ll drink a bottle of this.” He reminded her but still the stubborn girl beside him looked away and glared at the cup of noodles again.

“Eat now. So you can drink it, eo?” He tried to convince her but Jaewon grabbed the cup of noodles and ate it, without uttering a single word.

“Pssh. If you’re going to behave that way, you shouldn’t have come here. You’re so annoying.” Jonghwan grunted and peevishly picked his chopsticks and ate his noodles.

 

Silence. Just the sound of slurping and costumers chatting were heard. No one said a thing. Nobody dared to speak.

“Here.” Jonghwan coldly placed the two bottles of yoghurt drink in front of Jaewon and walked out of the convenient store. Jaewon sighed and was going to take the opened bottle she was drinking awhile ago but both of the bottles were new. She looked outside and saw Jonghwan drinking her unfinished bottle and tossed it in the garbage can when it was already empty. He leaned on the post he saw and stayed there. She immediately took the bottles and left the store. Without looking to her left and right, she dashed to him.

*BROOOOOOOOM*

She was taken aback when a motorcycle almost hit her and she accidentally twisted her left ankle. Due to these, her legs wobbled making her stumble down.

“HEY! WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING?!” The driver shouted and drove away.

 

“Oi! Are you okay?” Jonghwan knelt down beside her and looked at any wounds on her body. Jaewon looked at him and hugged him.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt? Where are you hurt?”

“I’m fine. Just... scared.” Jaewon sniffed. By that time, Jonghwan felt her crying and hugged her back.

“I’m sorry.” Jonghwan apologized and wiped her tears. Jaewon shook her head when she heard him saying sorry.

“No. It’s my fault.” She sniffed and pulled away from the hug.

“Come on. Let’s go home.” Jonghwan stood up and offered his hand. Jaewon took it and shrieked in pain when she stepped using her left foot.

“Omo!” Jonghwan luckily caught her.

“I think I twisted my left foot.” Jaewon bit her lips.

“Aigoo.” Jonghwan knelt and looked at her feet.

“Babo. How can you jump later when 12 am strikes? You won’t grow any taller.” Jonghwan receiving a death glare from the girl on his arms.

“Ja.” He crouched in front of her.

“Bwoya?” Jaewon looked at him, confused.

“Get on my back.” He told her.

“but.”

“No buts!” He glared at her. Jaewon pouted and got on his back. This is the first time Jonghwan gave her a piggyback since every time she’ll ask him for a piggyback, he’ll make a face and tell her that she’s so fat and he can’t carry her

Please log in to read the full chapter