25

A NERD'S HEART BREAKER BOYFRIEND
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Everyone! Please go get your gifts!” Jaewon’s granda clapped his hands and the guys scrambled their way towards the Christmas tree where they all put the gifts they bought to each other.

“Wow! Beautiful!”

“Cool!”

“Socks? Who gave me these socks?”

“Bwoya? A candy?!”

“Hat! This is so cool!”

 

Different words from the mouths of these boys went out while they opened their gifts one by one. L.joe was only sitting on a corner, a rolled tissue stuck on his nostril where the blood crept out earlier, was looking at each one’s faces. Somehow, he really felt like going here is a good thing instead of staying inside his empty house, eating her and there, sleeping, watching movies, play computer games and spend a boring Christmas inside the house. He didn’t know why but seeing these guys smiling faces made him smile too.

*So this is Christmas huh? It’s been such a long time since I’ve felt the spirit of Christmas and happiness just by seeing these people’s smiling faces.* He sighed and when he was about to stand up, gifts started to sprawl in front of him. He looked up and saw Jaewon looking down at him. She smiled and sat in an Indian sit in front of him.

“L.joe~ssi. These are the gifts we gave you. We decided not to open it last night since you’re not there so since everyone’s here, let’s all open our gifts! Open it! Open it! I’ll open mine too!” She said excitedly and began to get one gift and look at the card on it.

“This is mine!” She showed him the card and opened it, careful not to destroy the gift wrapper. Unlike the other guys who opened their gifts with a crack, scattering the gift wrappers here and there, Jaewon were concentrated not to tear the gift wrapper so recklessly. L.joe looked for a gift for him ang held it up.

“Why don’t you just do it like this?” L.joe asked and once Jaewon looked up at him, he torn the gift wrapper. Jaewon pouted when she saw him doing that.

“Psh. You all wrap the gifts so carefully and I won’t want to waste your efforts in wrapping these gifts, you know.” She said and continued to unwrap the gift carefully.

“EGUMONINA!! It’s the Origin! It’s The Origin! Who gave me this?!” Jaewon happily bounced on her place while holding Infinite’s The Origin album (Let’s pretend that it was released during that time, okay?). Jaewon looked around and saw that everyone was looking at her direction, kind of shocked to see her shriek and fangirl like this, except for Jonghwan, her grandparents, and L.joe. 100% didn’t know that this nerd has a fandom.

“Bwo? I can fangirl too!” Jaewon shouted and blushed when she realized that the other guys didn’t know this side of her yet. She shrugged the embarrassment away *Now they know!* she thought and faced the other direction and raised the album in the air.

“Jo Jonghwan! Did you give this to me?” Jonghwan looked up and creased his eyebrows.

“Why would I buy such a bothersome expensive album? There are no songs there only instrumentals. The money I’ll spend with that can buy so much food. Pfft!” Jaewon pouted and glared at his bestfriend for bashing Infinite’s album. She tsk-ed and stared at the album.

“This is a limited version” She mumbled and noticed that the album’s been opened. Her eyebrows furrowed and when she opened it, she saw someone’s signature on the very first page.

“EGUMONINA!” she happily shrieked and right at that moment, ignoring the people around her and their reactions, spazzed with that single signature.

“LEE HOWON’S SIGNATURE! KYAAAAAAA~!” She flailed her arms and legs to the point of falling down on the ground and hugged the album.

“Lee Howon~” she dreamily muttered ‘her’ Hoya’s name and fangirled.

 

“Never knew that Jaewon will act like this.”

“Yeah. I agree.”

“Hey! Is she fangirling or having a seizure?”

100% looked at her, she sure looks like having a seizure but they all went back to business when they heard her shrieks.

“She’s alive.” they mumbled altogether and just ignored the little fangirl who was currently having her own world.

 

After minutes of fangirling and flailing and spazzing, Jaewon sat up still hugging the album in her arms, she’s breathing heavily and profusely sweating. (I always look like this after fangirling.)

“Fangirling sure is tiring. I hope I can burn lots of calories just by fangirling.” Jaewon grinned while raising the album in the air with her two hands.

“Jonghwan didn’t give it to me. Neither will 100% since they didn’t know that I like Infinite until now. Halmeoni and Harabeoji will be concerned on my health more than this album, then..” Jaewon slowly diverted her gaze to L.joe who was currently concentrating on carefully unwrapping his third gift. She bashfully smiled and sneakily went beside him. She poked him and when he looked up, she raised the album to his eye level.

“L.joe~ssi. Perhaps, did you give this to me?” She blushed. She was getting shy again in front of this guy. She bit her lips and looked at him, waiting for his answer. L.joe stared at her wearing his usual pokerface and shook his head.

“No.” He sternly said and went back to unwrapping his gifts. Jaewon pouted and went back to her original place that was in front of L.joe. She raised the album high,

“THANK YOU TO WHOEVER GAVE THIS TO ME!” she shouted and placed it beside her, now proceeding to open her second gift.

 

 

L.joe who was quietly observing her all the time, looked at her, he was thankful that his fringe was longer now and it covered his eyes if he’ll face down. He silently smiled when he heard her shouting that.

*I’m glad that you liked it!* he thought and fished out his phone from his pocket. 

 

“Thank you hyung! Glad that you came home before I went to this trip.”

 

 

An hour had passed and all of them opened up their gifts as they greeted one another a Merry Christmas once again.

“Here! Here!” Jaewon and Jonghwan came back with a box each. They put the box on the floor.

“What’re those?” Rockhyun asked and sat beside Jaewon who was opening the box.

“UWAAA!” Sanghun exclaimed when he saw what’s inside.

“Since we don’t know what to do today why don’t we go play outside?” Jaewon asked earning a groan from the guys.

“Come on! We’re not just going to run and throw snowballs here and there.”

“But we already played this morning. And it is so cold that I felt like I was about to die.” Chanyong groaned. Changbum slapped his leg.

“Baboya? It’s because you came out wearing an undershirt! You should’ve died earlier.” Changbum scolded him.

“Bwo?” Chanyong stood up and slapped Changbum’s leg. Changbum slapped him back and so a slapfight within these two broke.

“What’s inside the box, by the way?” Minwoo spoke up and Jaewon instantly beamed. She took out the things one by one and all of them even the fighting Changbum and Chanyong stopped and focused their attention on the things Jaewon was getting from the box.

 

Kites, tops, and a jegi (Jegi looks like a shuttle- in a badminton game and is made of an old coin and hanji, traditional Korean paper. source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_games_of_Korea XD) made their eyes sparkle. These things brought to them a smile even to L.joe’s and soon, Jaewon’s grandparents were the only one who were left inside the house and the kids were already on their own worlds, playing and spending their Christmas outside, even though it might be freezing outside but being with each other, smiling with one another made their hearts feel warm.

 

“There! There!!! Come on! Don’t fail me! Just one more!!” Jaewon jumped up and down. She was already getting frustrated at the last top she needed to defeat and that Jonghwan’s top.

“Your top is just like you Jo Jonghwan! So stubborn!” She groaned when her top stopped spinning and Jonghwan’s top remained spinning.

“Yeah~!” Jonghwan pumped his fist. Jaewon pouted and knelt to her place.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!” Jaewon dramatically cried. 

“WOOOOOHOOOOO!! JO JONGHWAN! JO JONGHWAN!” 100% cheered and hugged Jonghwan.

“You defeated her! You defeated her! Avenge us! Avenge us! She flicked our forehead so hard because she defeated us! Avenge us avenge us!” they chanted. Rockhyun massaged Jonghwan’s shoulders and the others mass

Please log in to read the full chapter