Chapter 9 - Savior

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback

“Yah! Jay! Where are you?!” Jongin called angrily. It had been hours since he had asked you to play hide and seek, and being the reckless nine year old that you were, you hid deep in the forest to get away from Jongin. He kept calling your name over and over again, stumbling over tree stumps and being whacked in the face by several branches. Jongin couldn’t say he liked you, but he cared about you enough to look for you after you had gone missing for so long.

Rain poured down from the skies making it even harder for Jongin to keep his eyes open to look for you. The clouds merged together, creating darkness and it didn’t help that the sun was starting to set.

“Jongin! I-Is that you?” he heard a voice whimpering from a distance. Jongin ran through the forest in search of your voice,

“It’s me! Where are you?” he called out to you but you couldn’t reply properly over hiccups of sobs coming out of your mouth. He searched further into the forest and finally came across a frail looking figure, huddled up in a ball beside a large rock that curved to cover the top of your head.

You caught the sight of his figure as well and without any second thoughts, you ran to him as fast as you could and wrapped your arms tightly around his waist.

“I’m sorry Jongin! I’m so sorry that I went so deep into the forest,” you sobbed into his neck as he placed his arms over you protectively. It was surprising seeing this side of you, so weak and troubled, when he usually saw the strong and arrogant side of you. You were even surprised yourself when you kept you arms around him the entire time as he led you outside of the forest and back into his house.

“Babo,” Jongin muttered under his breath, “why didn’t you just come out of the forest?!” He was angry with you, but you couldn’t care less because you were safe and back at the house.

“I-I’m scared of dark places…” you whispered shyly, “I don’t like it when it’s dark out.” Jongin didn’t ask you any more questions but threw a towel into your face and urged you to wrap it around yourself.

“You’re so stupid Jay, be more careful next time!” he snapped and turned to walk out of the room when you caught his wrist.

“T-Thank you…” you spoke softly.

Jongin tightened his grip on the steering wheel after recalling his childhood memories with you and stepped on the gas pedal a little harder. He was worried, yes, but he was also frustrated by the fact that you went out to a club in the first place. It was a good thing that he had been to a few clubs because of Kris hyung before his trainee period and that he knew where the Illsan club was. He stepped out of his car and rushed into the club without any second thoughts and was greeted by pure darkness surrounding the club.

“She picks the club with absolutely no lighting…really,” Jongin groaned and began his search for you.

“Hey, I’ve never seen you around here before,” girls approached him from left and right, trying to touch his body and get close to him, but his focus was on finding you getting you home.

“And you probably won’t see me again,” he said grimly, pushing them away earning scoffs from a few of them. The club setting was so dark that even he was having trouble walking through the crowd of people which only worried him even more. How the hell am I supposed to find her?

“Stop touching me, I don’t even want to dance with you!” he suddenly heard a familiar voice shrieking. Wait, that’s Jay’s voice! He quickly whipped his head around to find you struggling to be released from a older man’s grip. Jongin’s eyes widened and he immediately pushed the man off of you, making him stagger into a group of people. He pulled on your wrist to gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter