Chapter 39 - Surrender

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Oh Sehun, you think it’s okay to be messing around with my little sister like that?” Jongin growled furiously, striking Sehun in the mouth causing blood to form at the bottom of his lip. “I knew you had a history with girls, but I didn’t know you’d stoop down to hooking up with my sister!”

“Jongin oppa stop!” Dahye cried helplessly to which Jongin ignored and continued to hit Sehun.

“Kim Jongin! It’s not his fault-“ I began, making Jongin stop momentarily before turning his attention towards me with an infuriated expression on his face. He got off of Sehun who was clutching his jaw and strode towards me.

“You knew?” he asked, gritting his teeth. I kept silent, making Jongin scoff in return, “You knew all about how these two were sneaking off by themselves, and you didn’t tell me?” His words were bitter, full of disappointment and anger.

I didn’t dare lift my head up from the ground because I knew I wouldn’t be able to take the look that Jongin was giving me at that moment. “I kept this from you because I knew you would freak out like this,” I whispered. A moment passed, no one daring to say anything.

He let out a frustrated growl, “What else are you keeping from me Jay?” I refused to answer him, and he took the silence as his answer. Jongin shook his head, brushing past me roughly, without any avail for an explanation. The truth is, I’m keeping a lot from you Jongin. But none of it is supposed to hurt you.

 

 

“Alright boys, the end of the year music awards are  coming up in the next few days which means I expect all of you to be working hard to fix up all of the details of the dance,” the instructor pointed at each of the members, “Let’s run it through.”

Jongin ran his fingers through his hair, glaring at Sehun from the opposite side of the room. Every time he saw Sehun, he was reminded of the night that he caught his own sister hooking up with his band member. He knew why Sehun was bad for her. He was notorious for breaking girls’ hearts and his sister was not going to be one of those people. The other members of Exo could feel the tension between the two, and learned that Sehun was seeing Dahye through Sehun himself, but made no effort to step into the fight as they feared that they too would be dragged into the argument.

“Five, six, seven, eight.”

Sehun danced to the best of his ability, but his thought were elsewhere, wondering how Dahye was holding up after that night. Worrying about whether or not she’d be able to sleep knowing that her brother knew their secret. He knew that Dahye would be beating herself up for not being more careful, and the last thing he wanted her to do is worry about something that he was supposed to handle.

“Oh Sehun, what’s wrong with you? You missed your cue for your part,” the instructor stopped the music, crossing his arms at Sehun with a questioning look on his face.

Jongin scoffed, “His mind was probably somewhere else, you never know who he could be thinking of, that ert.”

“Shut up Jongin,” Sehun gritted his teeth, “I just forgot my part for a second, sorry sir.”

“Maybe you should be focusing on fixing your dance moves rather than thinking about my little sister all the time,” Jongin stepped closer to Sehun, glaring at him.

“Yeah? Well maybe you should be more accepting of our relationship, !”

“Hey! Hey, stop you two!” Suho stepped in between them, “What’s wrong with you both? Don’t you understand that there are bigger things to worry about than this? We have a performance coming up the day after tomorrow, and until then, I expect both of you to be working together to make it the best that we’ve ever done.”

The two stayed silent, glaring at each other without saying another word. They knew their leader was right, but it was difficult to put the situation behind them. Suho motioned for the boys to start practicing again, and the instructor played the music.

 

 

“Jay, you’re doing that thing again.”

I looked up from my phone to find L raising his eyebrow at me, pointing to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter