Chapter 15 - The Question

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wouldn’t you rather stay outside while I train?”

Dahye pouted at her older brother’s words and shook her head firmly, “Nope, I want to see everything that you have gone through for the past couple weeks!”

Jongin sighed and punched in the code to open the heavy glass doors that led to the dance practice room. You cringed at the memory of visiting SM the last time, being humiliated in front of Jongin’s fellow trainees and looking like a fool. As soon as the doors slid open, you were greeted by the same handsome trainees that smiled brightly upon your arrival.

“Long time no see mystery girl!” A boy with puppy dog eyes exclaimed and you nodded your head slightly. The other members gathered into the middle of the room, where Jongin introduced you to all of the other trainees. So many names…how will I remember all of them?

“Noona, you’re so pretty,” you heard one of the members with sharp facial features say, you think his name was Jongdae, but you weren’t completely sure. The rest of the members began to nod in agreement, making you turn pink because of their endless compliments. You noticed from the corner of your eye that Jongin was glaring at them but staying silent. What’s his problem?

“Ahem,” Dahye coughed subtly, gathering the attention of the trainees.

“And who is this?” Kris lifted up his eyebrows suggestively, earning a smack on the back of the head by Jongin.

“This is my little sister, Dahye,” he narrowed his eyes onto the members who were ogling at Dahye’s beauty, “She’s off limits to all of you by the way,” he snapped.  

“Well what about Jay? She’s not your sister and you said she’s not even really your friend,” Chanyeol pointed out, stepping closer to your body. He smiled warmly at you and rested his head onto your shoulder, making your eyes widen at his sudden skinship while Jongin drew in a sharp breath.

“That’s…true,” he muttered and looked away from you and Chanyeol. “Do what you want with Jay, I won’t stop you.”

You didn’t know why, but his words felt like bricks on top of your shoulders, “He’s right, I’m in no relationship with Jongin so I’d love to get to know all of you more!” You giggled cutely in front of the eleven other boys and you saw Jongin scoff at the corner of your eye.

“You’re so cute Jay!” Joonmyun pinched your cheeks, “I love cute girls by the way,” he added in a hushed tone.

“Alright hyung, shouldn’t we practice now?” you heard Jongin say suddenly, pulling Joonmyun away from your side.

While the boys continued to practice their dancing, you and Dahye pulled up a chair and watched them train hard for the next couple of hours. You noticed that even when they were exhausted and out of breath, when the dance instructor told them to do the routine again, they would jump right back onto their feet and continue dancing. You observed the movements of each member, taking note of their strongest points, but your eyes kept being pulled onto Jongin, who made every move seem so flawless.

“He’s good right?” Dahye whispered to you, breaking your gaze upon Jongin’s movements.

You blushed at the fact that you had stared at him for so long and nodded, “He’s always been good, ever since we were kids.” It was true, even during his childhood, Jongin loved to dance in front of you and your family whenever they would get together. He would watch videos on the internet and learn dances on his own but who knew that he would make dancing part of his profession?

“Okay guys, good job today!” the instructor clapped for the boys who were drenched in sweat and panting out of control. “I think I can let you boys leave early today but before I do, I have a little announcement to make.”

The boys began to murmur amongst themselves before Luhan asked, “What is it hyung?”

The instructor smiled and put down his running shoes for a second before opening his mouth, “Yesterday, Lee Sooman Seonsaengnim had a meeting with all of the instructors that were given the responsibility for you boys. In this meeting, we were informed that he had set the date for the debut…You boys are finally going to debut!”

The boys stayed silent for a second, taking in the information that the instructor had said before erupting into loud cheers and hugs. You didn’t know why, but you felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter