Chapter 3 - The Reunion

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why do I feel like you’re surprised Jay?” he asked while still carrying my stuff up the stairs.

“Will you stop calling me that? It’s freaking me out…” you grabbed a hold of the railings before you could stumble down the stairs from shock. You couldn’t help but analyze Jongin even from the back. He had changed immensely from what you could see, and his scrawny body had evolved into a more masculine one, making it hard for you not to stare.

“Why? It’s the nickname I gave you ever since you were young,” he turned the corner and disappeared into one of the many rooms in the hallway. You followed him into the same room and saw that he dropped your bags onto the queen size bed. “I bet you even used that nickname in Canada, am I right?” he asked with his back turned to you.

If he knew that I used it as my actual English name, he wouldn’t let me live it down, you cursed yourself before replying, “N-Nope, didn’t even think about that name once after I moved.”

“Oh really?” he crossed his arms, now facing you with an eyebrow raised. You let out a small gasp at the face you were staring back at. His baby face was replaced by a sharp jawline, and his small eyes from before were practically twinkling with deep double eyelids, and his lips…He looks so different from before…Since when was he so handsome...? You quickly realized your thoughts and shook them away before tearing your eyes away from his face.

“You…” he pointed his finger slowly at your face, making you back away slightly, “look different,” he finished plainly and dropped his hand.

“S-Same goes for you, Jongin,” you stuttered and turned your attention to your bags.

He seemed to have noticed you looking at your things as he pointed to the wall on the left, “My room is right beside yours,” he leaned a little closer to your face, “disturb me, and you die.”

You pushed his hands away, scoffing, “That’s what I should be saying to you!”

Jongin pushed his hands through his hair, “Whatever,” he muttered and began to leave the room.

You turned back to him shouting, “I take that back Jongin! You haven’t changed at all.” He waved his hand dismissively and exited the room, making you feel even more furious than before. “Stupid Jongin. Stupid house. Stupid me!” you groaned and fell back onto your bed, “he really does look different though…” you whispered to yourself quietly and felt your eyelids become heavy.

You jerked your body, waking yourself up from your deep slumber. What time is it? You wondered and looked at your phone which read that it was eight o’clock. You groaned and rolled over to your side, realizing that you haven’t had anything to eat ever since the flight in the morning. Deciding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter