Chapter 13 - Sleeping in the Dark

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What do I do now…? Am I supposed to keep living life like I don’t know anything about Dahye? It had been a couple hours since Jongin had filled you in on Dahye’s history and ever since then, you had locked yourself up in your room and let your thoughts out.

“Jay, are you…okay?” Jongin’s voice sounded soft and muffled as he spoke behind your door.

Am I okay? You thought to yourself, but decided not to answer Jongin. You heard him sigh deeply at your silence and footsteps could be heard walking away from your door and into his room. Something that you noticed about the mansion was that even though the quality of the house seemed prime, the walls were still thin and if you were quiet enough, you could hear Jongin’s movements inside his room.

“I’m going downstairs to practice, let me know if you need anything,” you heard him say from the other side of the wall. Subconsciously, you nodded at his words, even thought you knew he couldn’t hear you. You tried to suppress your thoughts and at that moment, you were glad that Mr. And Mrs. Kim weren’t home because you wouldn’t be able to control your thoughts if they were. Suddenly, your phone began to ring and on the screen was a picture of L, giving the camera a rare smile.

“Hello?” you answered quickly.

“Jay!” L’s voice greeted you brightly, “Are you okay now? I mean, I knew you were okay before but…I just wanted to check on you because you seemed kind of down earlier.”

You sat up straight on your bed and smiled at his words, “Yeah, I’m alright now and thanks for the sweater, I’ll bring it with me to work tomorrow.”

L laughed heartily, “No problem! I guess I’ll let you rest now, and I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Mhmm, have a nice rest L,” you laughed awkwardly.

“So awkward Jay,” he laughed and mumbled into the receiver before the line went dead. It was no lie that L was catching up to be one of your closest friends at INB other than Ailee, and you weren’t surprised at all. He was caring towards you and you thought of him as the best guy to have around as a friend. Sighing, you left your bed and decided to go downstairs and watch a movie since Jongin was dancing downstairs and his parents were out.

“Hmm…Vanilla, mint, or green tea…” you stared at your options of ice cream that were lying in the freezer, waiting to be opened. “I guess I’ll go with all three,” you shrugged and pulled all three tubs out of the freezer, dumping them into a bowl. You chose to watch the movie Aquamarine because it brought back old memories of Canada and how you fantasized about meeting your soul mate.

“Really? Aquamarine and a concoction of different ice cream flavors?” Jongin’s voice appeared from your side, making you flinch. Your head spun around to his tired self, sweat dripping down his face and his hair sticking to his forehead.

Wow…he looks almost…hot? You snapped back into reality and put your bowl of ice cream down to face him. “Am I not allowed to enjoy a Saturday night with my favourite movie and favourite ice cream flavors?” you asked him as you crossed your arms. He was about to retort when a wave of coughing hit you unexpectedly. Jongin’s face immediately hardened and he scooted closer to your body, laying his hand on your forehead. You were shocked by his actions and jumped back slightly at his touch.

“W-What are you doing?” you asked him and you noticed that his facial expressions didn’t change.

“You’re heating up,” he said in a low tone and looked away from your eyes.

“W-Well obviously I’m heating up, you came so close to me!” you felt your cheeks burning and you turned around to fan your face.

“No stupid, I’m talking about how you have a fever,” he snapped and suddenly you felt your cheeks burning even more, as if they were on fire.

Ugh so embarrassing! He meant that I had a fever, not that I was feeling embarrassed because of his skinship…You mentally smacked yourself and bit your lip. “I-I knew that! Besides, why do you care, you’re the one wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter