Chapter 1 - Auditions and Interviews

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Miss…Lee?”

You looked up from your magazine nervously and saw that it was your turn to enter the interview room. Alright, this is it, either you make it or you break it Lee Jaein. You slapped your face a couple of times and shook all the nerves off before setting down your magazine and taking a couple of deep breaths. I can do this! I’ve been studying my whole life for this interview and I’m going to get that position! You told yourself and marched up to the heavy doors, opening it with confidence. There in the room were three judges, tapping their pens impatiently and wearing the same bored expression on their faces. Well what do you expect…this is the most highly sought after program, it’s obvious that they want to find someone who’s unique. You gulped nervously and took a seat in front of the three men who didn’t bother to look up from their stacks of papers.

“Lee Jaein…Am I correct?” The judge with the thick eyebrows questioned, yet still not tearing his eyes away from the paper.

“J-Jay, if you will! You can call me Jay for short,” you stuttered and fiddled with your nails.

“Ahh, Miss…Jay,” the judge in the middle paused for a second and then continued, “your records are quite impressive for your age, I must say.”

You noticed that they all spoke with an uninterested tone in their voice, even when complimenting you. This is seriously the toughest crowd I’ve seen in my entire life…You thought and blew a piece of hair out of your face. “Yes..err..I’ve been studying for this position for basically the entire time that I’ve been in Canada.”

The judge on the left finally looked up and met eyes with you, giving you a cold aura. So cold that you even wished he kept his gaze down for your sake. “I’m going to be straight and to the point Miss Jay. We’ve seen hundreds of applicants come and go this evening…We want something new, refreshing, and not something we’ve seen before. What do you have that all these other applicants don’t?” The judge asked as he tapped his foot impatiently.

You started to panic, what do I have that’s different? You racked your brain for any information that could possibly make you different than the others, when it finally came to you.

“What makes me different? You see…”

 

Meanwhile in South Korea

 

Jongin tied the laces of his shoes one last time before he was slapped on the back from behind. He lifted his head and saw a bright face smiling down at him, “Yah Kim Jongin! Your audition is about to start soon!”

He no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter