Chapter 8 - Let's go party

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks had passed since you had entered the INB yet nothing seemed to change in your daily routine. You got up, got dressed, took the bus to the INB, took some of Sunggyu’s orders, and returned late at night just because Sunggyu wanted you to. It was exhausting to meet every single one of your boss’s needs, but you figured that was the only way that he would assign you a certain position soon enough.

“Jay, can you help me hook up some of these wires?” you heard L call from the green screen room. You smiled and hopped off your chair to help out L, who was struggling to find the right outlet to put the wires in. After the talk with L in the coffee shop, he really did open up to you a lot more, and even the other boys were surprised at his bursts of laughter from time to time and talkativeness towards you.

“Wiring should be my day job,” you smirked as you snatched the coloured wires from L’s hands and put them in the correct outlets.

L chuckled and gave you a high five, “what would I do without you Jay?”

“Probably die from the greasiness of Woohyun’s aegyo without me there to stop it,” you shrugged as Woohyun threw you a hurt look. You two burst out into laughter, making you stumble backwards a bit straight into the line of wires. You let out a gasp as you felt your body falling backwards when strong, steady arms caught you from falling.

“You should really stop being so clumsy Jay,” L whispered into your ear softly and pulled you back up to stand.

“And this my friend, is why I can’t live without you,” you slapped a hand onto his back playfully, “I would totally be a walking disaster if you weren’t here to catch me every time.” You both shared a moment of laughter before Ailee walked into the room waving her hands in the air.

“Guys! I have great news for everybody!” she shouted, and one by one, the boys gathered into the green screen room to hear her news. “So, you all know what time of year it is…” she paused and waited for someone to finish her sentence, but no one stepped up to the plate.

“What time of year is it?” you asked her as she blew a piece of hair away from her face,

“My birthday!” she gave a small celebratory cheer for herself and danced around the room, “and all of you are invited to my party tonight!”

“Ailee, your birthday is in November…” Hoya pointed out.

“So…?” she crossed her arms and stared at Hoya.

“So…It’s April,” Sungyeol said slowly, but you were glad that they had pointed that out, or else you would have felt terrible for not preparing anything for Ailee’s birthday.

Ailee slammed her hands on the table, “April, November, same thing! The main point is that I’m having the party tonight,” she waved her hands for emphasis. The boys all cracked up into laughter and shook their heads at Ailee’s logic.

“Alright alien, where is this so called party?” L casually asked, placing his arm on top of your shoulder to rest.

“You guys know that club that everyone goes to in Illsan?” Ailee asked and the boys nodded, but since you were from Canada, you didn’t know of any clubs. “It’s going to be there, and we could all head over after work!” she clapped her hands excitedly.

“Wait! But I don’t know where it is,” you tapped her shoulder shyly and she grinned back at you,

“No worries! You can come over to my house to get ready and we’ll go there together!”

It didn’t sound like a bad idea to you, as long as Ailee took care of you. You agreed to going to the party and before you knew it, Sunggyu was ready to send everyone home.

Ailee pulled on your hand and led you out of the INB after everyone else had gone home to get ready. “Where’s your house unnie?” you asked because you noticed that Ailee hadn’t called for a cab and had only led you near a cluster of apartment buildings.

“That’s my house right there!” she pointed to the fifth story of a red apartment and pulled on your hand to enter the pass code that allowed you both inside the apartment. The elevator pulled up to the fifth floor where Ailee led you to her apartment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter