Chapter 6 - The Boys

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Again!”

The twelve boys groaned but quickly found their positions in the practice room to run their debut song for the millionth time. By now, nearly all of the boys were dripping in sweat and some struggled to reach for their water bottles in order to dance again. For the past two weeks, the boys had been working day and night to perfect their dancing and singing for their debut that was yet to be announced. Among the twelve, Jongin had been working the hardest by leading the rest of the boys to improve their skills in dance.

“When do you think he’ll let us take a break?” Jongdae whispered to Kyungsoo who just shook his head in reply. They all knew what they were up for when they had auditioned to get into SM, but no one could imagine the endless dancing that was required.

“What time is it?” Sehun asked between breaths as he reached over for a towel to wipe off his damp face.

“Not time to go yet, if that’s what you’re wondering,” the dance instructor said to Sehun firmly, who instantly put his head down in embarrassment. The instructor walked over to the stereo system and pushed the stop button, halting the booming music. “Focus boys! Just because we don’t know when your debut is, doesn’t mean you can all relax and dance half-heartedly,” he said firmly and turned his back, playing the music again. “Let’s run it boys!”

Jongin was drained, but his mind wasn’t on anything else but perfecting his already flawless moves. He stood up quickly and urged the others to get up and dance with him.

“Aren’t you tired Jongin?” Xiumin questioned him when the instructor finally let the boys have a short break. Jongin nodded his head and poured himself some water before answering,

“Of course I’m tired, I feel like I’m going to pass out,” he groaned and wiped the excess water off his chin. He looked around the room and saw that all of his hyungs were lying on the dance floor looking just as dead as he looked, and maybe even worse.

“I wonder when our debut date will be…” Joonmyun sighed, as Jongin peered over at him. Jongin had always respected Joonmyun especially because he was in SM for the longest period of time as a trainee. He knew almost everything about SM and he was determined to debut, even if he was in his twenties.

“You know what I wonder even more than our debut date though?” Luhan asked the boys, who gave him a questioning look. “I wonder what our name will be…”

“Or what our stage names will be at least,” Yixing let out a sigh and his dry lips.

Chanyeol who had been silent for a while suddenly stood up, “if we want to debut faster, shouldn’t we be working harder towards it?” Jongin let out a small chuckle in admiration to Chanyeol’s work ethic. The boy was extremely childish and fun outside of training, but right when he steps into the SM building, it became business. Jongin set down his water bottle and joined the other members to get back to practice.

You were just about to climb onto the bus after a gruelling day at work with Sunggyu barking orders from left to right, when you felt your phone buzzing from inside your pocket. You gave the bus driver an apologetic smile and picked up your phone.

“Hello? Jaein-ah!” Mrs. Kim’s voice squeaked into your ear.

“Oh hi Mrs. Kim! I’m just about to head home right now, I’ll be there soo-“

“Wait no!” she quickly interrupted you, “I need you to do something for me!”

You blinked your eyes in surprise and mouthed ‘sorry’ to the bus driver who was rolling his eyes, “What is it?”

“Our Jongin is at SM right now, but he has no ride home,” Mrs. Kim continued, “will you be a doll and go fetch him for us?”

Go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter