Chapter 36 - Christmas Party Part Two

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can she be any more of a ?” Dahye rolled her eyes in annoyance. I checked my watch to see that it was 12:30, half past the time that Jongin promised to meet me. “Seriously, why can’t my brother escape from the witch for at least half an hour?” she glared at Krystal who was gripping onto Jongin’s arm tightly and forcing him onto the middle of the ballroom to dance.

“What else can I do but wait? It’s not like I can just march up to him and grab him from her, it would be way too obvious,” I sighed. My feet were already aching from the high heels and I had a bit of a migraine due to the flashing Christmas lights that were hung above on the ceiling. I watched Jongin roll his eyes as Krystal forced him to put his hands on her waist in order to dance. “Shouldn’t you be out there dancing with Sehun? You know, you don’t have to wait up for me, I want you to enjoy today too,” I gently nudged Dahye who turned to me raising her eyebrow.

“That’s almost as obvious as you taking Jjong oppa to the roof in front of everyone. Besides, Sehun and I agreed to stay clear of each other for today, it’s way too risky to be initiating anything in front of the hundreds of reporters outside,” she pointed to the entrance of the ballroom where the bright flashes of multiple cameras illuminated through the sliver of space between the two doors.

“Dahye, you do realize that no one out there knows your real identity right?”

“Yeah, so?”

“Use it to your advantage! Go find Sehun, tell him to meet you upstairs in one of the spare rooms and no one will suspect a thing! Especially since the paparazzi think you’re just one of the infamous Kims’ family friend.”

Dahye’s eyes widened and her lips twitched up into a small smile, “That just might work! I have to go find Sehun, I’ll see you after the party then unnie!” She put her drink down on the table and rushed into the crowd of people after giving me a hug of thanks.

I smiled inwardly to myself and focused my attention back on Jongin who was still bearing an annoyed look on his face while dancing with Krystal. I wonder if he just lost track of time…Or maybe he doesn’t want to be seen with me in public? I frowned upon the thought but was quickly interrupted by a voice.

“Still waiting for Jongin?”

I turned to find L with an angelic smile, offering me another drink. I smiled back and took the drink before sighing, “We agreed to meet at midnight but I guess he can’t find time to escape.”

L rubbed his forehead, “I don’t know what to tell you, but he’s making it really obvious that he doesn’t want to be with her,” he nodded towards the two. Jongin was scowling at Krystal who had momentarily detached to Jongin because he had stepped on the train of her dress.

I couldn’t help but stifle a laugh at the two, “What a blessing that is,” I took a sip of my drink and turned my attention to L, “Hey, since my boyfriend is dancing with another girl at this moment, does that mean I’m allowed to dance with my date too?”

L chuckled and laid his hand out in front of me before pulling me towards Jongin and Krystal. He wrapped his arms around my waist, securing me in his grasp and slowly swayed with me to the music. “I bet it’s only going to take around…ten seconds?” L mused.

“Ten seconds for what?”

“You’ll see.”

L pulled me a little closer to him, our chest bumping against one another every so often. He made me rest my head against his shoulder while he held me with his forearms instead of his hands, pulling us even closer. “Five, four, three, two…”

A hand tapped me on my shoulder, making me turn around. Jongin stood with his arms crossed against his chest and his eyebrow raised towards L. He cleared his throat, “Sorry to bother you two, but I’d like to speak with Jay for a moment.”

L smirked, letting go of my waist and whispering, “I called it.”

As soon as we had walked away from the middle of the room, Jongin seized my shoulders with an annoyed look on his face. “What happened to meeting up at midnight?”

I scoffed, “Shouldn’t I be aski

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter