Chapter 12 - Betrayal

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No, we’re talking now,” you said sternly and folded your arms across your chest. He stared back up at your eyes, which were now filled with anger.

“Stop being so stubborn Jay, you’re going to catch a cold if you don’t change right now,” he said in a hushed tone but you could tell that he was being firm with you.

“I’m not going up those stairs until you explain everything to me,” you argued. Jongin was growing more and more angry by your stubbornness but you couldn’t care less at that point.

“Fine, I’ll make you change myself,” he said simply. You crinkled your nose at him and tilted your head to the side,

“Wait, what are you talking abou-“

Before you knew it, he stepped closer to you until your chest was touching his and you could feel a hand brushing against your stomach. His fingers began to undo one of your buttons and you gasped in surprise, jumping backwards, with your heels hitting the first step of the staircase.

Your cheeks were now burning as you closed your arms around your own body, shielding it from Jongin. He smirked at you and shrugged as  if nothing had happened.

“F-Fine! I’ll change by myself,” you stuttered and turned your body to go up the stairs, “but when I’m done, you’re explaining everything to me.” He didn’t reply, but you took his silence as an agreement and rushed upstairs to your bedroom. Closing the door behind you, you felt your cheeks and realized they were heated from Jongin’s touch. Crazy boy…Why did he do that?

You came downstairs after changing into dry clothes and blow drying your hair slightly, but it had taken a couple more minutes to build up your courage to face Jongin again. You saw that he was lying down on the sofa, scrolling through TV channels. You cleared your throat awkwardly which got his attention as he turned off the TV and sat up straight.

“So are you going to tell me what this whole thing is about?” you asked him carefully and approached the couch across from him.

“It’s more complicated than you think,” he started, “there’s a reason why you didn’t know about Dahye.”

You were growing more annoyed with him by the second, “And I think I deserve to know the reason now.”

“Before I tell you any of this, you have to promise me one thing,” Jongin shifted in his seat, leaning closer to your sofa.

“And that is?”

He thought about it for a second and clasped his palms together, “you can’t be mad at my parents for any reason…They didn’t have a choice.”

“What do Mr. And Mrs. Kim have to do with this?” you were scared for him to answer this question to be honest, but you knew that you wanted to know as well.

“They have everything to do with it,” he spoke slowly yet carefully, making you feel more anxious by the second. “Dahye…She’s sixteen years old right now.”

“Sixteen? That means that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter