Chapter 27 - Enough

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaein’s POV:

Constant flashbacks of Jongin standing on top of the stage, his body moving along with the beat of the music, ran through my head for the past hour. I let out a sigh, staring blankly at the ceiling of my room, it feels like just yesterday that you told me about your first dance lessons…

“You were made for the stage,” I whispered to myself, thinking back to the times where I caught Jongin subtly dancing when your parents decided to visit their house and brought you along with them.

“Was I?”

My heart skipped a beat, snapping my head towards the doorway where Jongin stood with his stage clothing still on, and his makeup slightly smudged from the sweat.

“W-What are you doing home?” I asked carefully, sliding off of the bed and straightening out my clothes.

His smirk slowly turned into a frown, “Isn’t that what I should be asking you?”

. He probably was expecting me to be at the showcase congratulating him…I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out.

“Never mind that,” he muttered and his eyes began to soften, “I heard you were feeling sick…” Jongin’s eyes flickered towards my body, scanning it for any signs of sickness.

“I’m fine,” I said roughly, “You don’t have to worry about me Jongin.” Just because tonight was your showcase, doesn’t mean I forgive you.

“But I am worried.”

“Don’t be,” I said firmly, slightly taken back by his reply. He was worried…about me?

Jongin sighed, pushing his way past me and seating himself comfortably at the foot of my bed. Baffled, I turned around to him and gave him a questioning look.

“You’re not going to congratulate me or anything?” He raised his eyebrows, daring me to respond.

“No, I was going to until you made yourself at home on my bed,” I took a couple steps closer to him until he had to look up to meet my eyes.

“Well this is my home,” he shot back.

“Why are you even in my room?”

“Because I want to be?”

“Who asked you to be?”

“Myself.”

“Kim Jongin!” I finally shouted, my eyes were fuming against his that held the same expression but with less intensity. “You want me to congratulate you? Congratulations! You’re finally an idol, now more news stories are going to pop up about you and your girlfriend- or should I say fiancée-“

I let out a yelp as Jongin swiftly moved his hands to my waist, pulling me down onto the bed while he stood up, switching our positions. Slowly, Jongin leaned closer and closer, keeping his hands on my lower back so that I couldn’t move away.

“Y-Yah, what are you doing?” I stuttered in hopes of distracting him from coming any closer.

“It’s Friday.”

Friday…? What’s so special about Friday? I wrinkled my eyebrows in thought before one answer came to my mind, “Your  parents aren’t coming home…” Jongin muttered something incoherent, still leaning closer to me before my back lightly touched the mattress and he pulled his hand from underneath. “D-Don’t do anything you’ll regret Kim Jongin,” my face reddened at the proximity of our faces, his lips curving up into a small smirk.

“What are you two doing?”

Both of our eyes widened at the same time as Jongin quickly pulled himself up from my body, allowing me to get up with him. Sehun and Dahye stood at the door both with raised eyebrows while Dahye shot me a knowing smile. I felt my face getting hotter and hotter from the stares of the two and I could tell that Jongin was feeling the same way when he let out an awkward cough.

“W-What are you two doing?” Jongin asked, trying to change the subject.

It was Dahye and Sehun’s turn to be flustered as they both looked at each other, “Uhh..Sehun oppa was just dropping me off, you know, being a good…oppa…and yeah,” Dahye said slowly, not dari

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter