Chapter 33 - Steamy, eventful morning

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The blaring sound of my ringtone cut into the silence of the dawn, waking me up from my slumber. Groggily, I pushed my extra pillows away in attempt to reach for my cell phone and lazily put the call on speaker phone.

“Hello?” my voice sounded scratchy from the lack of sleep that I had gotten during the night but that couldn’t exactly be helped.

“Oh- I’m sorry, I must have the wrong number-“

“Dahye…it’s me,” I rolled my eyes at the her, knowing that she’d sense it through the tone of my voice.

She gasped, “Did you die and come back to life or something? What’s wrong with you voice?”

I pulled my body up from the mess of pillows and duvets to sit up straighter and sighed, “I didn’t get much sleep last night.” Because of a certain someone…I shook away my thoughts and spoke, “What’s up with the morning call? And when did you leave the house?”

“I left before you woke up clearly, and are you hungover or something? You always wake up before me and make coffee or something…” Dahye’s voice contained suspicion.

“I hate drinking, if I could refrain from it forever I would,” I shuddered at the thought of alcohol entering my body and continued, “I was just feeling a little down yesterday, no need to worry.”

The last time I had taken a drink from anyone was at a house party back in high school, low and behold, it did not end well. I swore off any type of alcoholic beverages from then on, scarred by the memory of what had happened that night in my sophomore year.

“About that, I noticed you were feeling down so I accidently mentioned it to my brother and he insisted on visiting you,” Dahye laughed nervously.

My eyes widened and I took a quick glance over my attire which consisted of my fuzzy socks, sweat pants and worn out t-shirt that lasted me since the sixth grade. “He can’t visit me, he doesn’t know where I live!” I frantically pulled off my covers and ran over to my closet to find a decent outfit.

“Yeah, funny story…I told him,” her nervous laughing slowly died down when she realized that I wasn’t laughing along with her.

I pulled open all of my dresser drawers, searching for a shirt that didn’t have holes or stains on it, “Not that fun of a story Dahye!” I groaned, “how long do I have?!”

“He called me about thirty minutes ago so he should be there-“

Ding Dong

“About…now?” Dahye finished with another nervous giggle.

I dropped the cell phone immediately, I’m so screwed. The least I could do was fix my hair so I began using my fingers to comb through the knots and smoothening out the bumps in my ponytail. I walked over to the door slowly, my heart racing as the ringing only got louder and louder. My hand was shaking as I turned the door knob and I braced myself for the comments he had to say. There was silence before I heard a low chuckle and a gust of wind pass by before the warmth of his body encased me into his arms.

“You look dashing,” he whispered into my ear, giving me chills.

“Shut up,” I turned red and pushed his arms away from my waist in attempt to give myself space.

“You do though,” Jongin poutedd, as he pushed his bangs away from his face. Dear god. How did I end up dating someone as y as this? I took a quick look over his body, which was clothed in black skinny jeans that hung low on his hips and a grey hoodie that was clearly too big for him, but nonetheless, he looked good.

“Did you just check me out?”

My face began to turn red all over again and I denied immediately, “No! I didn’t! I-I was just noticing your clothes, not your…body.” Smooth. I nearly slapped myself in the face for being so awkward and obvious.

Jongin’s teeth clamped down on the bottom of his lip before he spoke, “I’m yours anyway, you don’t need to deny it.” With that, he sauntered off past me and went towards the living room, plopping down on the couch and making himself comfortable while I felt like my face was on fire. “So this is where you live now…” he commented, looking around the room as if he was judging every single thing about it.

“Do you like it?” I asked, my hands becoming cold from the pressure of Jongin’s gaze amongst the clutter of my furniture.

He took another look around before shaking his head firmly, “I don’t like it.”

I was crestfallen by his answer, not because it was my home but because he knew how hard I had to work in order to buy it in the first place. “I know it’s not as good as your house Jongin, but working four jobs plus INB-“

“No, I mean I don’t like it because it’s not my home,” he explained simply. I opened my mouth to speak but he decided to elaborate, “Home is supposed to be the place where you’re most comfortable. I want you to be in my home, back at the mansion.”

I began to protest, “I already bought the house and signed the contract, I can’t just abandon it.”

He pouted cutely, resting his hands on top of my knees, “I miss you though!”

“I miss you too,” I admitted and broke out into a small smile in response to his outburst of aegyo. I watched as his bottom lip jutted out into a bigger pout, and his eyes opened wide and rounded, staring at me intently.

“Then move back,” he whined, “my parents miss you a lot too, especially my mom. She’s been crying every night since you moved out and I can’t get her to stop.” 

I stared at him doubtfully, “your mom called me last night and told me that she went out to a movie with your dad…Apparently they had a good time.”

Jongin smiled guiltily, “she cried right after that…”

“Yeah right,” I pushed his arm jokingly, “you’re just saying that because you want me to move back so bad.”

He took my hand that I had pushed him with and pulled me forward forcefully, making me fall onto his lap. “Is it that obvious?” Jongin whispered into my ear.

I nodded, trying to control my heart beat that was going out of control, “speaking of your mom, does she know about us?”

Jongin sighed and pulled me into a more comfortable position beside him, “No, and we can’t tell her until the engagement is off. Lee Sooman would have a way of knowing if either of my parents fou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter