Chapter 31 - Give it a try

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV:

“And then, right when Dahye opened the door…” Sehun paused for effect, “they were this close to each other!” He used his thumb and his pointer finger to show the proximity of Jay and Jongin’s faces the night before. The boys burst into laughter while Suho and Tao poked the sides of Jongin’s face to . His cheeks were stained red with embarrassment and he hung his head low in front of s.

“Alright, alright that’s enough of that,” Kris said, barely being able to speak over his laughter, “we should get on to practice the end of the year award performance.” The boys stood up and began stretching before a remixed version of their debut song filled the room.

“Five, six, seven, eight,”

Exo worked through their fatigue and pain to pull through their practice and when anyone was lacking, Suho and Kris were there to pick them up. The boys were just about to finish the last move when a loud grunt was heard.

“Jongin!” D.O cried, collapsing onto the ground at the sight of Jongin bent over, clutching his waist with a pained look on his face.

Exo crowded around him with worried expressions while Chen and Luhan helped him over to sit on the chair in the corner of the room.

“I told you not to overwork yourself,” Suho said gently, handing him an ice pack to put on his waist.

Jongin grimaced and placed the pack carefully on the injured spot, “I’m fine, can we please just keep practicing? We’re nearly done-“

“You can’t keep putting so much pressure on your body, it’s not good for you,” Xiumin furrowed his eyebrows, “Where’s your phone?”

Jongin blinked back at his hyung, “what for?”

Xiumin ignored him and swiftly reached into the pocket of his sweat pants to pull out the phone. He quickly dialed a number in and held the device up to his ear, “Jay? Yeah it’s Minseok oppa-“

“Hey!” Jongin’s eyes widened and he stood up abruptly before sitting back down because of the pain, “don’t tell her…” he mouthed to Xiumin.

He rolled his eyes at Jongin before continuing, “Yeah sorry to bother you, but Jongin’s hurt right now and I think you could help him get better.” Jongin jumped out of his seat again only to be pushed down by Kris and Suho. “We’re sending him to the infirmary which is on the left wing of SM…Ok, great see you soon Jay!” Xiumin said cheerfully before clicking the off button.

“Thanks a lot hyung,” Jongin grumbled, standing up slowly to pick up his belongings.

“What’s the big deal? Now that you guys are together, she’s basically obligated to take care of you when you’re hurt,” Sehun smirked at him while Jongin send daggers.

“The deal is, I don’t want her to worry because she’s busy at INB and my injury will go away soon,” Jongin groaned. The boys just patted him on the back with cheeky smiles on their faces and pushed him out the door to go to the infirmary.

 

Jaein’s POV:

Jongin’s hurt? Why wouldn’t he have called me? Or texted? Or said something? I began to fiddle with my pen and get antsy at the thought of him being in pain. I suppose it’s a little early to be calling me for those things...we’ve only been dating for a day. I felt dizziness settle in as I recalled the event that took place yesterday. Subconsciously, the corners of my lips lifted into a small smile and it took a lot of willpower not to smile like an idiot in front of my co-workers.

“Something the matter?” L whispered while Sunggyu went off about his ideas on the last couple broadcasts of the month.

I nodded and stood up, catching the attention of the staff at the meeting, “I gotta run Sunggyu!” I pushed my chair back, nearly knocking it over and picked up my phone to leave.

“What?! I’m just in the middle of explaining the best part,” he complained, crossing his arms across his chest.

“Sorry! I’ll listen to it next time for sure,” I quickly waved at him and exited the room before he could protest any further.

 

I arrived at SM after a gruelling bus ride that seemed like it would last forever. My mind was only filled with the thought of Jongin as I pushed the doors to SM open and ran down the hallways in hopes of finding a door that read, ‘infirmary.’

“Jay!” Chanyeol’s voice bellowed through the hallway and I turned to find him leaning out of a room with a megawatt smile on his face. “He’s in here! Hurry!”

Undoubtedly, I rushed over to the room that he was standing in front of and burst open through the door as fast as I could. My eyes widened at the sight of Jongin, propped up on a bed, his face filled with pain. His eyes seemed just as wide as mine when I had opened the door but he didn’t say anything.

“H-Hi,” I said awkwardly. I really didn’t know how to act in front of him now that we were…together. The transition from childhood friends to boyfriend and girlfriend is a bigger gap than I had thought.

“Hi,” he replies, his eyes dimmed into a small smile, “come over here.” He pats the empty space next to him on the bed, but I choose to sit in the chair beside it.

I take another glance at his body, “where are you hurt?”

“I’m not hurt,” Jongin bites his lip, “you really didn’t have to come Jay. I know you’re busy with the end of the year news stuff.”

I did appreciate the thought Jongin had, but I could tell in his eyes that he was lying. “You are hurt, show me where,” I insisted, standing up to observe any scratches or marks on his body.

“Do you see anything wrong? Because I feel perfectly fine,” he muses, his hand reaches out to grab mine and he runs his thumb along the back of my hand.

I could already feel my cheeks blushing at the contact, “you’re not fine, if you were you wouldn’t be in here.” Before I could stop him, he pulled on my hand roughly making me collapse on his bed and essentially, on him.

“I told you I’m fine,” he whispers, his lips curving into a smirk while he brushes a piece of hair back from my face. I was holding my breath at the closeness of our faces and he had me at a loss for words. “Don’t you believe me?” he asked, noticing the lack of respons

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter