Chapter 7 - Confusion plus blushing?

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The truth was, Jongin didn’t feel too good either when he looked at your face of disappointment back at SM, but he knew that what he said was true. You and him were forced to both sit at the back of the car but sat at different ends, both staring out the windows in silence.

“Young master…?” the chauffeur attempted to break the awkward tension that just kept building by the second. Jongin looked up at him before he continued, “Mr. And Mrs. are going to be away for tonight and Mrs. Kim told me to inform you about the annual ball that is coming up.” Ball? What ball? I wasn’t informed of any of this…you tapped your fingers across the window of the car and thought silently.

Jongin sighed, leaning his head against the car door, “how long do I have?”

The chauffeur cleared his throat before answering, “About…a week?” he spoke meekly. Jongin suddenly let out a groan and slammed his head again the car door.

“A week? You have to be kidding me…” he ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. The car came to a complete stop in front of the gates and Jongin immediately pushed the door open and stormed into the house. You were about to do so as well, but you decided to stay for a second to ask the chauffeur about the ball.

“Mr…” you paused to think about what to call him but he answered for you,

“Please Miss, call me Andy,” he nodded.

“Err, right…Andy, can you tell me more about this ball?” You wondered why Jongin was so upset with the news and why he dreaded going to the ball in the first place.

Andy sighed, “An annual ball is held at one of the hotels that Mr. Kim owns,” you nodded for him to continue, “the date of the ball is actually not set on a specific date every year, so whenever young master hears about the ball, he gets pretty upset.”

“Why is he upset about it Andy?” you questioned him, “I mean, it must be nice having parents that throw you a ball every year right?”

Andy chuckled, “It might be nice for others but to young master…it’s a rather torturous event. His parents set him up with a different date every year in hopes of him falling in love with one of them.” As Andy was explaining, you couldn’t help but feel annoyed at Mr. And Mrs. Kim for their actions.

“So he’s never gone on a date with any girls that he specifically chose?” you asked Andy and he shook his head in reply. That does sound torturous…even for Jongin.

“I have to go now Miss, but you take care of yourself at the mansion okay?” he opened the car door for you to step out and you gladly took his hand, thanking him before he sped off.

As soon as you entered the house, you spotted Jongin lounging on one of the sofas while watching TV. He didn’t look as tired as he did a week ago, but nonetheless, his dark circles were quite noticeable. Jongin actually has a tougher life than I thought…Maybe I was wrong about him being immature, because he’s been mature the entire time that I’ve been in Korea.

“Are you going to come watch with me or just stand there staring?” his deep voice called out suddenly. You blushed a little at the fact that he had noticed you looking at him, but you still made your way to the living room to sit next to him on the sofa.

“Jongin, I…” you stopped yourself from speaking.

He glanced at you quickly and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter