Chapter 22 - You Belong to Her

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jongin’s POV:

“Now just remember, I always have to be on your left,” Krystal stared up at me with her round eyes, “This is my good side. And all of the reporters are going to be lined up at the entrance of the hotel, therefore I need to be on my good side…Got it?” I frowned at her words wondering if she was being serious or not. Krystal had been going on about what I need to do at the ball from the moment I stepped into the limo. It was bad enough that I need to go to this ball, but it’s even worse that my mom set me up with my fake girlfriend.

“Can’t you just go on whatever side I get of the car?” I asked her, but she rolled her eyes and picked up her champagne from the table,

“Who’s been in the industry for longer Kai?”

You have got to be kidding me...I opened my mouth to speak, but she cut me off instantly.

“Me, of course, so I obviously know a little something about the paparazzi and their camera angles,” Krystal lifted her eyebrow but turned her attention to her purse where she pulled out a pocket mirror and began applying more lip gloss to her already glossed lips.

“How is it that I got stuck with a diva like you?” I muttered.

“What?” Krystal narrowed her eyes towards me, making her false lashes bounce up and down every time she blinked.

“I said we’re here,” I quickly lied and felt the limo pull to a stop in front of my parents’ hotel. I took the opportunity to jump out of the car as fast as I could, wanting to leave Krystal’s side immediately. She emerged from the other side of the limo, with a disgusted look painted on her face.

“Krystal! Kai! Kaistal! Look over here love birds!” The outbreak of reporters surrounded both Krystal and I, barely giving us any room to move. Krystal immediately changed her expression into a cheerful one, clutching onto my arm and waving to the reporters.

“Yah, you didn’t even open my door,” Krystal clenched her teeth, smiling and whispering into my ear. I decided to ignore her and pull through the sea of the paparazzi to enter the hotel, to which I could feel Krystal sending her famous glare behind my back. As soon we escaped the paparazzi, I pulled my arm away from Krystal’s grip and proceeded to the ball room.

“Yah! Kai are you crazy?” she shrieked. Nope, just trying to get away from the diva, I thought inwardly when I heard Krystal’s heels click onto the marble floors faster and faster. “We have to enter the ball room together, we’re dating remember?” She emphasized on the word, ‘dating’, giving me chills down my body. As much as I hated to admit it, she was right and I know the consequences that I would have to face if I didn’t go along with the act, especially for tonight.

I sighed, “Get on my left.”

As we entered the ball room, I could feel everyone’s gaze diverting to us immediately. I gulped under the pressure of the public eye, but continued to move my hand to Krystal’s waist and guided her towards the rest of Exo.

“Hello Krystal Sunbae,” Exo recited, bowing deeply at Krystal to which I scoffed. She gave me another glare, but smiled at the boys.

“You all look very nice tonight,” she complimented them but I noticed that her eyes quickly drifted towards Sehun, “Especially you Sehan.”

Sehun looked at her with a confused face, “But my name is-“

“Let’s go dance! We haven’t danced in quite a while have we,” Joonmyun joked nervously, and led Krystal along with the rest of the boys to the middle of the dance floor.

“We’ll take care of her for a bit, you can rest up,” Kris whispered as he moved past me and joined the group onto the dance floor. I flashed him a wide smile in thanks, and escaped to the other side of the ball room, where Krystal couldn’t see me. I took the time to observe everyone in the ball room, including my little sister who had jealousy written all over her face, as Krystal had dragged Sehun to dance with her. I let out a small laugh, I knew Dahye always had a thing for Sehun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter