Chapter 23 - He said, She said

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahye's POV:

"Why don't I know you?" 

My lips parted to respond but I only ended up closing them once again after I found no answer to that question. Sehun looked into my eyes intently, searching for a response. 

"Dahye?" His voice said softly. 

I wish I could've responded but my body wasn't following my mind at that moment. After Jay unni left me with him, I've been shaking on end, trying not to look like a fool in front of Sehun. Ever since I visited SM, my eyes have been glued to this one person. Maybe it was the way he kept dancing after the music stopped. Or maybe it was the way that he refused to break apart from my eyes when I had been caught accidently staring at him. 

Sehun sighed, raising his glass up to his lips and taking a sip out of his alcoholic beverage. That's the difference between you and I. You're nineteen, I'm sixteen. There's no way you would ever take a second look at a baby like me...

"You're really going to make me stand here and talk by myself?" Sehun cocked his eyebrow as a small laugh escaped from his pink lips. 

I took a deep breath, "I-"

"Oh Sehun!"

Sehun's eyes diverted from mine, looking over my shoulder. I followed his eyes and found a tall, model-like woman with bright red lipstick and a skin tight black dress. She smiled brightly, approaching us, and pulled Sehun into her arms, squeezing him tightly for what seemed to be like ages. I watched Sehun as he gently used the palm of his hands to pat the woman's back, greeting her just as warmly. My heart dropped at the sight, and I quickly pulled my eyes to the ground before I could see any more. 

"Long time no see noona, how have you been?" Sehun spoke smoothly, keeping his hand glued to her tiny waist. Noona huh? I wonder if I would have a chance with Sehun if I was born as a noona...

"Just the usual, I've been in and out of Korea ever since I've started to model with a company in Paris," she shrugged nonchalantly and took a sip out of her drink.

My looks can't even compare to hers...I thought bitterly, drinking my glass of water quickly and setting it aside on the table. 

"It looks like you've been taking care of your body," Sehun his lips, "you look really good." 

My eyes widened at his words while this 'noona' giggled, slapping his arm playfully. I looked up to see the woman's body, her waist as skinny as can be, yet her s were overflowing from the tightness of her dress. I quickly looked down at my own body, not that it was going to make me feel any better. It wasn't that I was big, or fat, in fact my body is quite slim. But I knew I wasn't the curviest girl out there. My dress stuck to my skin only because my frame was already a size two, but the dip at the neckline of the dress had barely anything to fill it. I look like a four year old that's stuck in a grown up kind of dress...I was starting to grow tired of listening to Sehun blatently flirt with this noona of his that I finally turned my heel to leave. 

"Dahye!" 

I had stopped walking when I heard Sehun call my name. I really really don't want to face you right now-

"Where are you going?" I felt Sehun's chest brush against my arm, indicating that he was right behind me. 

"I...I have to go," I managed to say before starting to walk again. Suddenly I felt a warm hand take hold of my wrist, making me stumble backwards into Sehun.

"Don't go," he whispered into my ear. I felt my face redden at the closeness of our bodies before sliding my hand onto his, pulling his hand off of my wrist. 

"I'll see you later oppa," I said softly, keeping my head high and walking away from him as fast as I could. This time, he didn't bother to stop me, but in the back of my mind, I wished he had. As I was walking back into the clumps of people, I felt my phone vibrate against the side of my body. I pulled it out of my purse and saw that the screen was lit up with a text from an unknown number. 

I want to see you
Meet me at the movies after the ball?

-Sehun Oppa

Jaein's POV:

"Uh...Do you want to dance?" 

I rolled my eyes at Sunggyu who had been stuck to my side the entire night, as if he was trying to make it more awkward than it needs to be. How am I supposed to go to work after going on a 'date' with my boss? I shuddered at the thought and sat myself down at a table nearby. 

"Sorry boss, I'm too tired to dance," I apologized convincingly, opening my eyes widely and batting my eyelashes.

Sunggyu raised his shoulders, "Suit yourself." 

I let out a breath of relief as I watched Sunggyu walk slowly towards the dance floor glumly by himself. Just as I was about to close my eyes, I noticed that the lights began to dim, and the face paced electronic music had been switched out to a slow melodic tune. I turned my body to the left and right and noticed everybody pairing up and heading to the dance floor. Oh god. Don't tell me-

"Hello ladies and gents, I hope you're all having a great time!" The DJ's voice boomed over the ball room, "We're getting close to the end of the night so this is the last song that we'll be playing. It's time to grab that special guy or girl and end the dance on a good note!"

I groaned, watching boys shyly asking for girl's hands, and leading them onto the dance floor. From the corner of my eye, I spotted Krystal pulling Jongin into the center of the crowd and placing her thin arms around his neck. He hesitated for a moment before he raised his hands and gripped her waist, pulling them closer together. A stinging pain ran though my body at the sight of the two, but before I could react, someone's body had blocked my view of Krystal and Jongin. I looked up to find L smiling down at me, his eyes crinkled at the corners. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter