Chapter 10 - Who's that girl?

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up the next day with a pounding headache and several texts from the boys at work as well as Ailee. Shuffling through the texts, you realized that they all wrote along the lines of, “where did you go?!” and “I’m sorry I left you alone at the club.” You weren’t mad of course, they couldn’t have known that you had a fear of the darkness. Throwing you phone onto the bed, you thought about the events that happened last night.

“It’s me Jay, it’s Jongin.”

“If I weren’t there to save you tonight, you could’ve been hurt.”

You sat up straight on your bed and asked yourself over and over as to why Jongin came to your rescue and how he even knew you were in trouble. I should be thankful to him, but all I’m doing is wondering why…You decided to shake off the thoughts and climb down the stairs to get yourself something to eat. You opened up the fridge and picked up a bowl of strawberries, closing the door behind you.

“Good morning to you to.”

You shrieked at the voice and almost dropped the bowl of strawberries but caught it just on time. You hadn’t realized that Jongin was in the kitchen as well, looking as tired as ever, eating his breakfast. Suddenly your mind flashed back to the events that happened last night and you began to redden. Why did he hold my hand? What about the jacket, he could have just let me sit in the car without it…

“You know, usually when someone says good morning, you’re supposed to reply,” he said  sarcastically and threw his bowl in the sink and walking over to your spot.

“G-Good morning!” you squeaked, the bowl of strawberries shaking in your hand. Before you knew it, Jongin grabbed the bowl from your grip and placed it on top of the counter.

“Don’t be so uptight Jay,” he looked at you directly in the eyes, “what I did last night was just manners. If my parents knew that you were helpless at a club, they would have killed me first  for not taking responsibility.” He spoke in a stern manner and his eyes were cold, just like they were when he was telling you about how he got in SM. You were surprised by his coldness and your eyebrows creased, clearly feeling the impact of his words. He left the kitchen without another word and walked out the front door, leaving you speechless.

“Well what did I expect,” you whispered to yourself, “he’s Jongin, the same Jongin that I hated as a child.” You knew it was true, but for some reason you were definitely hurt by his words, one way or another.

“JAY!” Ailee exclaimed as she threw her arms on you as soon as you walked through the doors of the INB. “You don’t know how long we were looking for you at the club!” she pouted and examined your body, “you didn’t get hurt right?”

You shook you head, “I’m fine, Jongi-“ you stopped yourself and thought about how it would become troublesome if Ailee knew you were living with a boy, “my friend picked me up and drove me home.”

She nodded and gave you another tight squeeze before pulling you into the green screen room where the boys were working on a new effect. All six of the boys had worried expressions on their faces and immediately stopped what they were doing.

“My baby!” Dongwoo wailed, pulling you into his chest, “why did you leave without telling us!” You laughed while the other boys tried to pry him off of you,

“I’m sorry I left without telling you guys, I didn’t know it was going to be that dark in the club” you admitted.

Hoya raised his eyebrow at you, “you don’t like the darkness?”

You shook your head, “I hate it actually,” you looked around at Ailee who was looking even more guilty than before.

“You know, we were all worried about you,” Woohyun smirked, “but do you know who was the most worried of us all?” You fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter