Chapter 11 - Rainy days

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“How about this Mr. Kim?” a salesperson lifted up a black Armani suit with a plain white business shirt underneath. Jongin tilted his head and observed the suit with a blank expression, making the salesperson feel more anxious. “O-Or we have this grey suit-“

Jongin held up his hand, silencing the man, “I’ll just take the black one,” he muttered and ruffled his hair. The salesperson immediately nodded his head and rushed over to the counter to package the suit. The entire time that Jongin was at the department store, he couldn’t get his mind off of the fact that you would be walking home. SM wasn’t too far from his house when he took the bus or when Andy drove him, but walking would take a good hour.

“Feeling bad about letting her walk home?”

Jongin whipped his head around and found Andy giving him an ‘I told you so’ look. Although he didn’t show it, Andy was considered one of Jongin’s closest friends ever since he started driving him in the third grade. It was Andy that always talked to Jongin when his parents were driving him up the wall, and it was him that encouraged Jongin to fight for his dream.

“No,” Jongin lied but kept a straight face, “she wanted to, so I let her.”

Andy shook his head and sighed, “Are you sure that’s what she wanted?” Jongin thought back, remembering your crestfallen expression as the car drove further and further away from your figure.

“Let’s just go home,” he replied, grabbing the new suit and pushing past Andy towards the exit. Andy shook his head once again, following his lead and thanking the salesperson who was about to pass out from anxiety.

“Whereabouts do you think Jay is now?” Andy asked as the car passed by SM. Jongin sighed but didn’t respond to him, when he realized that dark clouds were beginning to form in the sky. A second later, droplets of rain began to pour down on the windshield and windows.

Please be home already Jay…he thought silently, watching the rain pour harder and harder by the second.

“Damn rain, ruining my hair, my clothes, my shoes,” you cursed while staring down at your hands that gripped your black heels. Somewhere along the hour mark, you had decided to strip yourself of your heels when you realized that they were making you even slower. You walked past the coffee shop near INB in which the glass reflected your figure, completely drenched in rain. “Damn rain, ruining my makeup,” you added onto your list as you stared at the black smudges running along your cheeks.

 You kept walking however, thinking about the way Jongin looked at you before the car drove away. He didn’t even try to make me get back into the car…you bit your lip, a habit that you did before spilling tears. I can’t seriously be crying because of this though, you shook your head and wiped off any tears if there were any in the first place. The rain made it hard to decipher whether the drops running down your face were tears or not. Your feet were starting to get sore from the sharp gravel and pavement, but you didn’t dare to put your shoes back on.

“I’m not even halfway home…” you said to yourself softly, looking around at the buildings surrounding you. You threw your head back in exhaustion and rolled up the bottom of your jeans to get ready to sprint when you heard a voice at the side of the road.

“Jay? Is that you?” you whipped your head at the sound of your name, and saw L with wide eyes staring at your drenched figure.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter