Chapter 35 - Christmas Party

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaein’s POV:

It was finally the day of the well awaited Christmas party when I realized that I had absolutely nothing to wear. I was back home after being discharged from the hospital early in the morning with a couple of warnings from the doctor to stay hydrated and away from any possible threats. I pulled out a couple of dresses from my closet and laid them down on the bed to observe my options.

“Unnie, I picked up my dress from the dry cleaners,” Dahye waltzed into my room with a short black dress in her hand, throwing herself onto my bed with a bright smile on her face. She took one look at the pile of dresses on my bed and frowned, “What happened over here? It looks like an atomic bomb of dresses went off on your bed.”

I rubbed my forehead in frustration, “I literally have nothing to wear to this party! I can’t believe I forgot to get myself a dress while Christmas shopping…”

Dahye stood up and took a better look at the dresses before pointing at a pink one, “You definitely can’t wear that one, it looks like something you would wear to an eighth grade graduation…no offence.”

“That’s because I did wear it to my eighth grade graduation…”

She gawked at me before taking the dress and shoving it back into my closet. “Why don’t you just wear one of my dresses? I’m pretty sure we’re around the same size!”

I scoffed and picked up the little black dress that she had brought into my room, “This dress will barely cover my ,” I stared at it a little longer and realized there was even a slit at the side, “That’s it, you’re definitely not wearing that to the party.”

Dahye’s jaw dropped and she snatched away the piece of clothing from my hands. “I have to look mature for Sehun, and this,” she waved her hands around the itty bitty cloth, “will keep his eyes on me and only me for the night.”

I rolled my eyes and took the dress back, “He already told you that he’s into you because you’re you Dahye, there’s really no need to justify it by dressing like a stripper.”

“Fine, but you’re helping me get a new dress then,” she huffed with her arms crossed and childishly flopped onto my bed.

I shrug my shoulders and begin to , “Fine by me, I have to find myself a dress too, hopefully one that Jongin will like. You know what usually happens after parties, things kind of go awry-“

“I’ll be waiting in the car!” Dahye walks out of my room with her hands covering her ears firmly.

 

By the time we finished checking out the main dress stores in town, Dahye had already locked in on her decision of the same black dress with a longer hemline. I had decided to go with a white lace dress that was tight, with a high neckline.

“You know I heard you tell the woman at the store to make a slit in the side of your dress,” I gave her a disapproving look and shook my head.

Dahye turned pink, “Y-You heard? But that’s what I wanted in the beginning, I can’t go back and change it now!” I opened my mouth to protest but Dahye beat me to it, “I heard from oppa that you’re asking L to be your date for the dance?”

“Yeah, but I mean Jongin’s taking Krystal too so it’s not really that big of a deal-“

“Did you ask him yet?”

“Not yet…but I’ll do it as soon as I have the time,” I looked away, flustered. I’ve never asked anyone to anything, especially to a party that my own boyfriend would be at…with another girl.

Dahye rummaged through my bag and found my cell phone, typing away at it and showing me the screen.

 

Hey L do you maybe want to go to Jongin’s party with me?

-Jay

 

“Dahye!” I shrieked, snatching my phone from her hands and rapidly typing a new message to compensate for the awkwardness of the previous. Right when I was about to send the message, my phone vibrated with a new text;

 

You’re not going with Jongin?
-L

 

God, this is so embarrassing. I typed out a new message while giving Dahye the silent treatment as she tried to look over my shoulder to see what I was typing.

 

No, he has to go with Krystal
It’s a publicity thing, so would you like to go with me?

-Jay

 

“What are you two saying?” Dahye pushed my hair out of the way but I quickly shifted over to the right of the car and blocked her view.

 

Why not? We always have a good time together.
I’ll see you at the venue.

-L

 

“Oooh, oppa’s definitely not going to like this,” Dahye giggled after taking a peak at my text.

“Looks lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter