Chapter 19 - Hatred

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai’s POV:

“I’m what?!”

The representative flinched and covered his ear immediately, blocking the sound of my voice and bearing an irritated expression on his face.

“You’re dating someone,” he said again staring at my shocked expression as he sighed, “dating, you know? D-A-T-I-“

“I know how to spell!” I glared at him, letting him know that I was not happy with this decision. I knew something was up when the chairman invited me into his office, but I didn’t know that he would send a representative on his behalf to tell me that I’d be dating someone for publicity. In all honesty, I don’t have time to date anyone. My mind was set on my debut with the rest of the boys, but now that I have this on my shoulders, I don’t know what to do.

“Look kid, I know you didn’t sign up for this,” the representative gave me an understanding look and placed a hand on my shoulder lightly, “but this is what being an idol is all about. You want publicity? This is how you and Exo are going to get it. It’s as simple as that, the reporters want something to feed off of, especially when Exo is considered as fresh meat on the market.”

His explanation was valid, yes, but I hate the idea of being with someone just to gain attention.

“Can’t we choose someone else?” I tried to reason with him, but he shook his head firmly.

“All of your teasers were filmed, and you yourself know that you have the most teasers in the group,” he continued, “I know that you’re going to be humble, but you’re the face of the group Jongin.”

Was I? I didn’t realize that being the face of the group was determined by how many teasers were shot, nor did I realize how much attention my company seeks.

“We’ve already sent out the files on your dating history to INB, and they should be broadcasting it soon-“

“Wait, INB?” I stopped him from speaking and immediately thought of Jay as soon as I heard his words. Does that mean Jay will be the one announcing the fact that I’m dating someone?

“It’s going to be easy, all you have to do is take a couple pictures together, go on some fake dates, smile a little here and there, and boom! Fake relationship,” the representative spoke in a calm voice, as if he was trying to persuade me into thinking that this plan was really going to be easy.

“Do I even have a say in this?” my voice was beginning to lose power, halfway to accepting my fate in this fake relationship.

He shook his head, “I’m sorry Jongin, but our executives have already planned this thoroughly and in about a couple of minutes, it’s going to be public.”

I really don’t have any power of this relationship…I’m not one to care too much about girls, but it felt wrong to abuse and manipulate the feelings of the fans and the public.

“Can I at least know my fake girlfriend is?”

 

Jay’s POV:

Jongin…is Kai? Kai is Jongin. I sat there in silence, trying to wrap my head around the facts, but everything seemed like a blur. Of course I could see Hoya and the other boys making motions with their hands to make me speak, but I just…couldn’t. I could even feel L, nudging me under the table to keep reading the screen, but again, I couldn’t.

“Kai, also known as the lead dancer in Exo, has already released his first teaser and is known as the face of the rookie group,” I heard L speaking on my behalf, and I wanted to stop him and tell him that I don’t want to hear about Jongin or Kai, or whoever he was. “Chairman Lee Sooman has let us in on the secret of his new boy group member in a deep relationship with the already well known celebrity, F(x)’s Krystal,” L continued, but I felt even more light headed by the second. F(x)’s Krystal…? I’ve seen her on shows and even dramas, but I never knew that Jongin was close to her…or dating her for that matter. The more L continued on, the more I wanted him to stop, but I sat there taking the information in, like a viewer rather than a reporter.

“More details on the relationship will be revealed at a later time and thank you for tuning into INB’s entertainment section with co-anchor L…and main anchor Jay,” he finished. The red light on the cameras dimmed until they were no longer lit up. I watched as the staff gave me angered looks, and that’s when I felt like I had fallen out of the trance and hit reality.

“Yah Lee Jaein!” Sunggyu bellowed from the monitoring room, and before I knew it, he had swung the door open with such force that the papers on your desk had gone flying. His eyes were full of anger as he stormed over to the set and slammed his hand on top of the desk. “What’s wrong with you! I gave you one job and you decide to ruin it on the first try!”

Hotness and tears began to well up inside of me, the guilt was hitting me. I stuttered and tried to speak, but no words came out clearly. Sunggyu must have been more angered by this sight, because suddenly wrapped his hands on my wrist, enough to send agonizing pain down my body.

“Hyung!” I heard L shout as the hot tears that were held into my body had come flowing onto my cheeks. L had pushed Sunggyu’s hands off of my wrist and pulled me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter