Chapter 34 - Sasaeng

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jaein’s POV:

After the entire shower incident, I could feel the awkward tension filling the air as we walked together from the bus stop to the SM building. Jongin’s hands were stuffed inside his pocket and every so often I caught him looking in my direction from the corner of my eye. We stayed silent, not that it bothered me too much.

Jongin stopped in front of the door and faced me fully for the first time in the past twenty minutes. “Thanks for coming with me Jay, you should go back to INB now,” he rubbed the back of his neck, avoiding my eyes.

I felt equally as awkward as he did, but I was determined to make the tension disappear as soon as possible. “No problem, and are you sure you don’t want me to come with you inside?” I asked. Silently I was begging him to say no, just because I knew Sunggyu would be on the brink of firing me if I didn’t start walking back in a couple of minutes.

“You’re already late,” he chuckled, “and I’m picking you up from INB later so I’ll see you in just a couple of hours.”

I nodded in agreement and started to walk away when I turned back around and caught Jongin just before he was about to enter the building. He looked at me with a questioning expression and I leaned forward to give him a quick peck on his cheek. When I pulled away, Jongin was frozen in his position, one hand on the door and one hand in mid-movement. He blinked a couple of times before a faint blush appeared on his cheeks and the corners of his lips twitched.

“You looked really good with my sweater on by the way.”

 

As soon as I arrived at INB, the team was already done setting up for the broadcast and L was perched on the chair in the lounge area, diligently reading over his script. I skipped over to him with a bright smile on my face and waved.

“What’s up with the huge smile?” L smiled back at me and handed me the other script. I saw that he really did finish up the entire script without me, and a little pang of guilt hit.

“Nothing in particular, just feeling happy that we’re running our first end of the year broadcast,” I lied. I could tell that L had caught on to my guilt but before he could say anything, I spoke up. “I’m really sorry that I didn’t write any of the script…” I flipped through the thick pages and noticed how much detail and hard work was put into it.

L waved his hand dismissively, “It’s not a big deal, and besides you were busy shopping for Jongin right? Trust me, a relationship is a lot more valuable than any job or internship you will ever face in your life.” He spoke with a small smile on his face which almost made me want to take the blame for everything all by myself.

I groaned and put my hands over my ears, “you’re making me feel worse! L, tell me why you’re such a nice person?”

He responded with another small smile instead of answering my question, “we’re on in a minute, better get your makeup done quick.”

 

“You’re back with Jay and L on entertainment news at INB. Over the course of the next couple weeks, we’ll be revealing the top five stories that had shaken the K-Pop world in 2013,” L smiled charmingly at the camera.

“Starting with the fifth most interesting, most viewed story of 2013, it’s the comeback of the long awaited DBSK,” I said with enthusiasm in my voice.

The rest of the broadcast went smoothly, the transitions and the audio perfectly synced and I could tell by the wide smile on Sunggyu’s face that he was content.

“I’m proud of you two,” Sunggyu patted us both on the back after the broadcast ended. “I mean the script was so well written, not a single complaint from me. I expect to see more on the next story,” he pointed at us while walking away to his office with a triumphant smile.

I giggled and gave L a tight squeeze, “I’m proud of us too! And your script really was amazing L, but for the next story, there’s no way I’m letting you do it on your own.”

“Fair enough, I’ll be sure to call you when I’m starting the next script,” L chuckled and ruffled my hair. “Anyways, I heard Jongin’s picking you up. You should probably wait in the lobby where it’s warm until he comes,” L suggested.

I had almost forgotten about my plans with Jongin because of the success of the broadcast. I nodded, “I’ll head over there right now, but promise you’re not going to start writing the script until tomorrow. I don’t want you to start it without me,” I pouted and held out my pinky. He snorted at my childish way of keeping promises but nonetheless hooked his pinky with mine. I waved to him goodbye and started to walk off to the lobby of INB.

The windows in the lobby were decorated with several snowflakes sticking to the panes from the wind. I sat down on one of the lobby benches and pulled out my phone to see a text from Jongin lighting up my screen.

 

I just left SM
I’ll be there in a couple of minutes.
You didn’t forget did you?
-Jongin

 

I felt the warmth rush to my cheeks as I read the text over and over again. It’s remarkable how someone you’ve known your whole life ended up being my boyfriend.

“H-Hi! You’re the entertainment news anchor Jay right?” A high pitched voice startled me, and I looked up to find a teenage girl with thick rimmed glasses staring back at me nervously.

I gave her a warm smile, “Yeah, I’m actually the new intern, but hey I like that title more.”

The girl giggled, “you’re my absolute favourite. I also love L a lot but I think you beat him on my list!”

I blushed, “T-Thank you! I’ve never really had someone tell me that before…” I felt somewhat awkward to be in a positive to receive praise from a stranger, but to hear the compliments didn’t hurt.

She pulled out her arm from behind her and held out a small coffee cup, “I bought this to give to you, and I asked the other staff where I could find you. They said the lobby, so here I am.”

I was overjoyed with gratitude and accepted the coffee, “thank you so much, that really means a lot to me.”

“You’re welcome, and I’m looking forward to the fourth news story!” she gave me a thumbs up and started to jog away in a hurry. I frowned at her backside which was now picking up the pace, sprinting full speed to the exit. Once she was gone, I looked back down at the coffee cup, the steam coming out in wisps of white. I took a sip from the cup and noticed that it was vanilla bean latte, my favourite. Wow, this girl was on point with my favourite flavour.

Just then, a tired looking Jongin pushed his face against the glass of the window and grinned in my direction. I laughed at the image of Jongin’s face squished against the glass but I quickly got out of my seat and ran outside to meet him.

“You’re here!” I exclaimed, jumping into his arms as soon as I exited the building. He was still panting from the walk from SM and the ends of his bangs were slightly damp. Either  way, it was undeniable that he looked good all the time though.

“I said I’d be here, so here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter