Chapter 14 - Kim Dahye, you sneaky girl

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up as soon as the sunlight hit your face from the window above, but you didn’t bother to open your eyes. So sleepy…I wonder what time it is right now. Maybe eight? I should wake up before Jongin and make- you stopped your thoughts.

“Jongin.” Your said aloud once before memories of last night flooded into your head, making your eyes pop open. “Oh my goodness…” you said slowly, your eyes roaming the room that was clearly not yours, “so it wasn’t a dream?!” You turned your head slowly to your side, and nonetheless, lay a sleeping Jongin, curled up into a ball. Your eyes widened and you almost screamed at his sight, but you slapped a hand over your mouth before you could do so. How did this happen?! How did I let this happen?! No way did I sleep in the same bed as Kim Jongin! What have I done…a million thoughts ran through your mind. You turned your head again and observed Jongin more closely this time, noticing the little details about his face. You noticed that his double eyelids were still prominent even when his eyes were shut, making a deep crease. You always thought that Jongin’s best feature was his eyes, but you had never told him so. The sunlight was hitting his face directly and you noticed that his skin was glowing as your eyes trailed down to his lips. You felt almost ashamed for staring at his lips for so long, but it fascinated you how plump and soft they looked, moving slightly at every breath he took.

“Are you done staring at him?”

Your eyes snapped away from Jongin as you turned towards the voice at the corner of the room. A young girl sat on top of Jongin’s desk, arms crossed, slightly smirking at you. Her eyes were beautiful, almost as beautiful as Jongin’s and her face was so perfectly proportioned that you wondered whether she was a model or not. Your mind suddenly snapped into place, realizing who she was.

“Kim Dahye?” you said slowly, still unsure but her facial expression displayed that your guess was right.

“So my brother really was serious when he said he told you about me,” she sighed, climbing off of the desk and walking up to you. Her aura was so powerful, and you could tell that she had a strong personality just like Jongin. Dahye’s eyes twinkled as she offered you a hand along with a bright smile. “I’m Kim Dahye, sister of Kim Jongin, daughter of the Kims’ and…hopefully your new sister-in-law,” she giggled. Your mouth gaped and you felt heat emitted from your cheeks as you took her hand,

“N-No! Jongin and I aren’t in that kind of relationship, in fact we hate each other,” you explained quickly, but she held up a finger, silencing you.

“Right, so you’re not in that kind of relationship where you sleep with my brother?” she pointed at you and Jongin and smiled slyly.

Your eyes widened and you jumped out of the bed, mortified, “Trust me! I-I didn’t want to sleep with him, I was scared of the dark so-“

Dahye giggled cutely and shook her head, “No worries unnie! I think you’re a good person and I approve of you and Jongin oppa,” she gave you a thumbs up.

“But-I-Ugh…” you gave up and let her assume what she wanted.

“Anyways, since you know all about me and my family now, I hope we can become good friends and to be truthful, I’ve always wanted an unnie,” Dahye spoke softly and dropped her gaze to the ground, “Living at Gwangju by myself always makes me miss Jongin oppa and my parents…I only get to visit them once in a while too you know,” her words left an impression on you and you started to feel bad for her.

You grabbed her hands and cupped them in yours, making Dahye look up into your eyes, “I’ll be a good unnie to you Dahye…I promise.”

Her eyes crinkled into crescents, and her smile began to widen at your words, “I know you will, I trust what Jongin said about you.”

“Wait…What did he say about me?” you stared at her, and instantly, Dahye’s eyes widened.

“Oh! Nothing much, he said some nice stuff and…Look at that! Jjong oppa’s awake!” she pointed at Jongin’s bed, directing your attention to Jongin who had woken up from his slumber. He rubbed his eyes and sat up on his bed,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter