Chapter 2 - Not the same

Straight from the Source, Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Thank you for choosing Korean Airlines, where your troubles will fly away!” A cheerful voice came from the tall stewardess who started to giggle a little too enthusiastically.

“Right…Thank you,” you gave her a small smile and pulled on your suitcase to leave the terminal. You took a second to observe the country that you haven’t been to in over nine years. There were people hustling to get to their flights, crowds of people pushing each other over in a rush, and frankly, you didn’t know exactly what you were doing in Korea.

Flashback

“Oh my daughter!” your mom squealed, “I knew you were going to get into the program! I just knew it!” Tears were b her eyes as she gave you a kiss on the cheek. Even your dad who usually doesn’t like to express his feelings that well pulled you in for a hug.

“I want you to know that your mother and I are so proud of you Jaein,” he patted your back and laid his head on top of yours.

“I have been working at this thing for nine years you know…” you started to say, but your mom cut you off.

“Speaking of the program, how are you going to survive in Korea without us?” she pouted and this time, the tears really did drop. The only information the program didn’t let you in on is the fact that their newest position would be given to a person who will work in South Korea at their International News sector.

“Mom, I’m nineteen now, I know what I’m doing,” you assured her but she didn’t look too convinced.

“I know!” your mom snapped her fingers, “You can stay with the Kims’!” she clapped her hands and pulled out her phone to quickly dial a number.

You immediately tried to pry her hands off of the phone, “MOM! I AM NOT STAYING WITH THE KIMS’, PLEASE!” you shouted and jumped for the phone, but it didn’t stop your mom from speaking with her best friend.

“Yeonah? It’s me, Jiae! Our little girl finally got accepted to the International new thingy!”your mom glared at you to stop jumping around.

“It’s International News Broadcasting-“you tried to say, but your mom simply waved her hands.

“So let’s not beat around the bush…How would you feel about taking our little Jaein in to your home?” your mom asked excitedly.

You continued to mouth ‘no’ to her, and crossed your arms in an X formation, as well as shaking your head furiously.

“You will?! Oh Yeonah, this is going to be just wonderful!” she squealed again and continued to carry on her conversation to another room.

Whereas you on the other hand collapsed onto the nearby couch in defeat, “.”

You shook your head of the horrid memory and continued to stroll down the terminal before you spotted familiar faces. A youthful looking woman stood hand in hand with an equally youthful looking man who were standing on their tip-toes trying to look for someone. You waved a hand at them before both of their jaws dropped, the woman especially. She clasped her hands over and ran towards you at full throttle. The force from the woman hugging you sent you stumbling backwards a bit, giving you quite a shock. Still the same as before, Mrs. Kim, you thought, shaking your head and smiling slightly.

“Lee Jaein! Is that you?!” she pulled back from the hug to look at you properly, “My my, you’ve grown up so much!” Mrs. Kim gushed and pull

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter