Chapter 27

One in the box
DBSK walked into the restaurant happy that they didn’t get so many attention. Mr. Kim and his wife were already sitting behind the table prepared for seven.
Mr. Kim thought of his son’s band members as his own family. He was really proud that his son got them. They were crazy and reminded him his own young years.
 
When they walked in they all bowed to Mr. Kim while Jaejoong hugged his mum who sniffed little.
“Jae, we are ok. Your father and I were anxious about what will your company say,”
Joong still holding his mother in his arms said “It’s ok mum. Everything is fine, but you have to be shaken up little,”
Hero knew that his mommy was a good mother and even better wife. She had to raise many children and all of them were loved with same amount of love. But she wasn’t prepared for the attack of internet, journalist sitting in front of their house, always asking questions.
She grew used to the question of those journalist who asked her about her husband’s plants for his campaign. But to be interviewed about her own son, that she looked after, that was harder.
 
“My little Jae. Your umma is fine. Don’t worry too much. I can handle it. Och my others sons come and embrace your umma!” She said and waved to DBSK who stood there waiting to greet with Mrs. Kim.
All four boys simultaneously hugged Mrs. Kim and her small body disappeared in front of Jae’s eyes.
He bowed to his father and shook his hand and after he hugged him a little.
“Sit down, we are going to eat,” Mr. Kim said and everybody automatically obeyed.
“So, how are  you father? Can I do something to help?” Jae asked his father with frown on his face.
“Jae, boys you have to stop it. I don’t know how but you have to. What SM told you?”
“That we are going on hiatus. We can’t travel anywhere, we can’t talk with press and we are not allowed to exercise in our company building, because press will be there, “ Yunho said and others nodded their heads.
“I thought so. They have to do something like this. So like this I am afraid you can’t really help me with anything. I have to be counting again on my campaign team that they are going to work this out somehow. But you should be in touch someway with them,” Mr. Kim said and looked at the meal that was set on the table in front of their eyes.
 
“Meogda! And I hope this is going to taste good,” Mrs. Kim stopped their conversation and looked at DBSK.
They seemed exhausted and nervous, she was used to see them with more joy and playfulness.
“So now tell me how it was on that boat?” Mr. Kim changed the topic and started eating his soup.
Boys started talking, the more funny stories they told the better the mood became. In the end of their story everybody was smiling and laughing.
Mrs. Kim was amused with stories about Jae-Suk and Suk-jin, because she was their big fan and Mr. Kim asked how was Ji-hyo. If she is so beautiful in person, or how is it.
When they finished they already had desert on the table in front of them.
“I am happy you had fun, but I can see that you are tired and you need rest. So take this as an opportunity to regain your strength,” Mrs. Kim said and boys nodded.
After finishing the last piece of cake Max said “Thanks Mrs. Kim, this meal was so great. Everything just like I love it,”
 
“Och, Shim Changmin, I have to disappoint you, but I didn’t order it, De-Bin-a did,”
“What? Hyper?”
“Do you have something against her? She is charming girl, I really like her,” Mrs. Kim asked.
“No, no…I was just surprised that she does things like this for you,” Max glanced at Mr. Kim.
Jaejoong frowned. Right after he finished screaming at Hyper he felt regret. He knew that she didn’t do anything wrong, but he felt so angry that time.
And she was there, so he let his anger out.
 
“De-Bin does almost everything for me. She is so sweet, she did this as a surprise because she knew, that we needed to go out for once and don’t be just closed home or in office, “
“ Yeah, she is like that. It took me a moment to realize it, but she is caring,” Micky announced.
“But, why haven’t you took her with you Jae, I know, that you are friends now,” Mr. Kim wanted to know.
 
“Trouble in paradise,” Junsu whispered.
“What happened?” Mr. Kim was curious.
“Nothing big, I was just angry because she knew the situation and she kept silent, so I was little harsh on her. But I want to beg for forgiveness,”
Mr. Kim gave his son a push on shoulder “ You better do, this young people, just do thing without thinking first and then feel bad about it, my silly son!”
“Like, you were any different yobo!” Mrs. Kim punched her husband and said to boys “Don’t worry about De-Bin much. She is pretty stubborn, but she is soft inside,”
“And how do you know Hyper that well?” Yunho wanted to know.
 
Jaejoong was curious about this too. How his parents knew Hyper so well. He knew that his father had a connection with her through her work, but his umma?
How could she know her so good?
“How? When you are outside of country on your tours or you don’t have the time to come and see me, she is there, when I need something. But first time I met her, it was because my good friend’s son was involved in the street fight and she asked me for help, because he could lose his scholarship. Unfortunately I couldn’t do anything, so I asked your father and he said that he has an employer that should be able to help. Hyper came and she solved it. I have no idea how, but she did. After that I asked her to stay with us on dinner and she agreed. She is sweet but crazy girl. Your sisters Jae know her too,”
Jae opened his mouth.
So his best friend, was a friend of his mother and his sister “ But when this happened?”
“Year ago I think? Aren’t you  too interested in your friend?” Mrs. Kim asked her son.
Jaejoong almost hit himself. This showed only thing, that his father, mother, even his sisters knew his best friend before him. How could be so stupid to not see her before?
But what really bugged him was how is he going to say sorry to her.
 
 

On the other side of the town in the office Hyper put her phone down. She finished her last phone call she scheduled for herself.
“Feeling good?” Tae-ra patted her shoulder and Hyper turned to her.
“You don’t have a clue! This is the best way of releasing stress. Better than kicking to punching bag…”
Tae-ra brought her meal and pillow. It had been more than evident than Hyper’s future days would be spent in that office. Or her future nights.
She wasn’t only one at work, but others had families to whom they had to return to. Hyper finished almost all of her subjects on university, so she had most of the time free. And also, she had to work but her roommate wanted to sleep at night.
 
“What have you brought me?” Hyper asked when she opened little box with food.
“Sorry, I wasn’t prepared for you to not come to dorm today, so I haven’t bought everything I needed for it,” Tae-ra apologized herself.
Hyper hugged her immediately and said “You silly, you have been cooking. That’s the biggest present you could have brought me already, and this soup is delicious. Don’t forget that I owe you one, or two…”
“You owe me more than that!”
“Of course. By the way how is it going with your boyfriend?” Hyper changed the subject.
“Do you want to hear the truth?”
 
Raising her brows Hyper looked at Tae-ra.
“Well…I can’t find how to express it. I like that guy a lot. But I feel something is missing in our relationship,”
Tae-ra’s boyfriend worked as a barman in that city club DBSK first met Hyper.
“May I be honest with you my dear?” Hyper didn’t even waited for the answer from her friend and continued “ Your relationship lack his brain,”
Tae-ra kicked her leg hard, Hyper’s spoon fell to the box with soup and she had to take it out with her hand.
“You are bad human  Hyper. Why am your friend?”
“You know that it is the truth and don’t you dare kick me again! I am your friend and I am here for you to say the truth. You are with that boy for almost half of year. But he is…” Tae-ra glared at her “He is what he is, I don’t want to insult him but you are just out of his league. You want to leave this country anyway and I don’t think country mushroom that turned to y barman masher will go with you,”
Tae-ra thought a little. Hyper was right again, but she couldn’t do anything because she loved that guy. Honestly and with all might of her heart.
 
The grim on Tae-ra’s face revealed that she wanted to use something on Hyper too. Because she was her friend she knew about her past crush on Jaejoong.
She also knew that right now, she wasn’t in love with him but the payback had to come.
The thing about Hyper was that she felt that her crush on Jaejoong was her own personal slip-up. She always thought that he is good and everything but she was really upset with herself. The love she felt for him was strong and real but in her mind she saw herself badly. Because the love disappeared, she thought that she lost something from her. Her decisiveness. She was always the one who knew what to do, but how could she turn her mind on something this important, she wasn’t sure.
“I talked with Sunny!” Tae-ra started “ What about you and your past love? Still past?”
 
Hyper chocked “Well, still past, but he is mad at me right now. And that is a surprise. I always thought he would understand me,”
“Friend, now you have to bear my honesty. You sometimes don’t know everything about yourself. How can a simple man like Jae understand you?”
“Do?! Are you trying to revenge your country mushroom boyfriend?” Hyper hissed and pointed on Tae-ra with her spoon.
Tae-ra stood up and started running “Yeah I am…..and what about it?”
“Ya! Wait I will catch you. No one can take revenge on me!!!” Hyper stood and with spoon started following her roommate on office.
Tae-ra whatever you say. Your relationship with that guy is not going to last….I don’t know who but someone is going to steal your heart away…
 

So this chapter didn't included main characters together too much. But I think the things that were revealed here, were really important for the story...So you would understand why is Hyper not taking any feeling with Jae seriously.

She feels as she deceived herself and with her own feelings she can't be really sure....that's why this chapter is like this.