Trip

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The car travels swiftly along the streets. Streetlights and buildings are brightening the dark night. I expect we would travel along Hongdae or Gangnam where civilization still exist this time of day, but instead, the car moving towards outskirt of the city. The buildings becoming smaller, and number of people walking becoming less.

 

I look to my left to make sure that it’s the idol who is driving. I’ve watched that Taken movie where a girl was kidnapped and sold as e when she was wandering around Europe and chills begin to creeps into my system. Oh hell no, I hope I wont be in that situation. I’m rich! He could stripped me and get at least US$60,000 just for my belongings. Damn it. What am I thinking, getting into a car late at night with a suspicious man?!

 

“I’m not going to you” He says impassively, eyes on the road.

 

My arms quickly covers my upper body, “What makes you say that?! If you’re not planning to, then why are you even saying it out loud?!”

 

He turns his head to my side, giving me an unimpressed look before turning back to the road, “You were fidgeting with your jacket and I think your clutch needs a breather. You’re hugging it too tight”

 

“Where are we going?!” I demand, annoyed. He’s been driving for a few minutes since we left that grungy old shack and he hasn’t utter a word about our destination.

 

“YG”

 

“YG what?”

 

“YG Entertainment Office”

 

“YGE Office?”

 

“That's what I said”

 

“Why?”

 

He turns his head at me again, the same tired look in his face, “You’re joking, right?”

 

“No. Why are we--”

 

“It’s my company. BigBang is under YG Entertainment” He says.

 

“Ahh…” I nod, “… So why are we going there?”

 

“I told you I’d show you how I work!! Geez!” His voice rises, probably a little riled up by my constant interrogation.

 

Wait... Did he just…shout at me?

 

“Apologize!” I slap the dashboard, making him jerk in surprise.

 

“What?” His eyebrows mushed together.

 

“I said, apologize! No man can raised his voice at me other than my father! Now, apologize!” I stomp my feet.

 

He jaw drops a little as he watches me.

 

“What?!” I challenge him.

 

“Are you 5 years old?”

 

“Are not going to apologize?!” I lean towards him, taunting him.

 

He looks at me incredulously before his face sterns and fixes his gaze to the road ahead, “Nope”

 

Oh this guy really is asking for a fight. First he dares taking me to a shabby neighborhood and now he has the guts to raise his voice at me? Oh he hasn’t met the real Koo Hyu Ri just yet.

 

I turn my back at him, fiddling with the door knob, and I can sense his curios glare. I took one big breath and without any warning, the passenger door slaps open.

 

“YAA!!!” He swivels the car in shock and briskly make an emergency stop at the curb. “ARE YOU INSANE??!”

 

“Apologize” I look at him sternly.

 

He gapes at me. His chest moving up and down as he tries to even out his breath. Mphh! That’s what you get for messing with me, idol!

 

“I’m still waiting….” I tap my foot impatiently.

 

“Did you just… You… Wha…”

 

“I’ll get off this car, call police and report a case if you don’t apologize”

 

“You’re joking”

 

“Try me”

 

He stuns as he looks at me, possibly measuring my seriousness. After a few second, he heaved out a heavy breath followed by a soft chuckle. Not long, his chuckling turns to a roaring laughter as his head falls to the headrest and his hand holding his stomach, as if it’s about to blow.

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA” He laughs maniacally.

 

“YA!!” I slap his arm.

 

“Oh sorry… I was just… HAHAHAHHAHA” He bursts out laughing again after he looks at my face.

 

Damn it. Do I look like a clown to him?!

 

I put one foot out the car, preparing to leave when his hand firmly grip on my wrists.

 

“Okay, okay, I’ll stop. Sorry” I can feel that he’s still struggling to contain his laughter.

 

I look at him, scowling. Where does he get his guts from?! Dare to shout at me, and now even laughing at my expense?!

 

He leans towards my part of the car. His torso sprawled across my lap as he reaches out for the door. I froze upon the proximity of our body. I retreat my hands and make sure that my feet are firm so that no part of me touches him. He shut my door securely before retreating back to his seat.

 

My heartbeat. What is going on? Why is it racing?

 

He chuckles again, softer this time, and shakes his head in disbelief, “You opened the car door just so that I would apologize?”

 

“I was actually planning to jump out”

 

He raises both eyebrows, “You kidding”

 

“Nope” I fold my arms on my chest.

 

“All because I didn’t want to apologize?”

 

“Yes. No one can shout or yell at me. Not even my professors.”

 

“What happens if I don’t apologize now?” He smirks playfully.

 

I pull out my phone, “I’ll call the police”

 

“What are you going to report? That some man raised his voice at you?”

 

“I told you, I’d filed a case”

 

“Are you serious?” His face is no longer grinning.

 

“Yes”

 

He sigh loudly and rakes his hair, “I didn’t know that you’re crazy, Koo Hyu Ri.”

 

I stay silent, waiting for his apology. I am a woman with pride as high as the Empire State Building. No man, not even my uncles, can raise a voice at me. I am a respected, highly regarded, princess of Koo Empire and I would rather die than being yelled at by a stupi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter