Permission

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kwon Ji Yong. I am a 27 year old musician and I would like to ask for your permission to date your daughter"

 

Jiyong continues bowing at Koos, ignoring the fact that he just throws and burns his pride away in front of her family. He doesn't care, he knows that this is the last thing that he can do.

 

"Jiyong-goon" Mrs. Koo starts, "Please stand up"

 

But Jiyong doesn't move. He stays, statued on the ground. He's not backing down, he's determined. If this is what it takes to get Hyuri back, then he's willing to bow for weeks.

 

Mrs. Koo sighs and lets go of Hyuri before she walks towards Jiyong and tap his shoulder softly, "You need to stand up, to be able to get inside the house, Jiyong"

 

Jiyong lifts his head slightly, surprise by her mother's words. "Eh?"

 

Mrs. Koo nods and quickly flash a weak smile, "Let's we all go inside"

 

Jiyong slowly stands, looking interchangeably between the Koos. He is confused, uncertain. Did he really get invited inside the house? Or is it just a trick? Maybe inside, an executioner is ready with a guillotine on standby.

 

Mrs. Koo leads the way inside and goes straight to the sofas. She nods to the servants and they rush to the back to prepare refreshments. She then motion for Jiyong to sit in the sofa just in front of her and Hyuri protectively sits herself next to him. Her brother on the other hand, sits next to Mrs. Koo.

 

They sit in silence while Mrs. Koo stares at the two kids in front of her. She couldn't understand why is this happening to her daughter. She knows her, she knows how hardheaded and proud her daughter is. But she went out and chased a guy that left her. Is this still her innocent Koo Hyuri?

 

Her brother stares at Jiyong, wishing so badly that looks could literally kill. He could feel all of his pores are letting out steam. He could feel the burn inside him. He hates G-Dragon and for him to think that he can date her sister?! Over his dead body!

 

Jiyong, on the other hand, sits rigidly on the sofa. He's never been in this situation before. Usually if he dates a girl, the mother would be the one that salivating over the thought of having him as a son-in-law. But with the Koos, everything is out of ordinary. He couldn't predict what is going to happen.

 

Meanwhile Hyuri sits next to her boyfriend, fuming. She is so mad at him for bowing on the porch. She is so embarrassed that all she wants is to beat the out of him. To make the matter worse, a tiny side of her wishes her mother would just order his execution.

 

"Where were you, Hyuri?" Mrs. Koo finally speaks.

 

"I went out to find something to eat" Hyuri quickly answers.

 

"The house has plenty of food" Her mother replies.

 

"Yes, but it is not what I want" She responds.

 

"Is it worth the risk of losing your life?" She stares at her coldly.

 

Hyuri immediately lower her head, finally realising how dangerous her action was. She wasn't thinking before, but it was not because she doesn't want to, it's because her mind was already clouded with the thought of missing her Idol that she could no longer see logic.

 

"Umm... No" She mumbles apologetically.

 

"Would you do it again?" Her mother continues, cold and dominating.

 

She stops fidgeting and think. She imagines herself back in the situation. She pictures herself back without Jiyong. Would she do it? Would she risk her life over him again? But the answer is crystal clear, it's already there on top of her head even before she could process the question.

 

Hyuri nods,  "Yes, given the same situation, I would do the same thing again"

 

The room falls in silence and tension is thick in the air. Her brother is clenching his fists, trying his best to control his anger. Her mother sits motionless, unable to process the changes in her daughter. The Idol fears his heart would burst. Nervousness, fear and happiness for Hyuri's confession all mushed into one.

 

Again, Mrs. Koo breaks the silence with astonishment in her tone, "For him? You would do it again, for him?"

 

Hyuri nods, certain of her answer. She sees no other way. Jiyong on the other hand is more nervous as the time goes by. He can feel his death is imminent.

 

"Come on, Hyuri! Get your head straight! He's not worth it!" Her brother finally erupts, unable to control his anger any longer.

 

Just as Hyuri about to defend Jiyong in front of her brother, Mrs. Koo raises her hand to silence her children. She fixes her composure.

 

"How about you, G-Dragon? Would you do the same thing?" Mrs. Koo addresses Jiyong with coldness in her eyes. She maintains her statuesque posture.

 

Jiyong freezes, nervousness engulf him and he stares back at her mother before he takes a deep breath and answers with certainty, "I would risk my life for her. If that's what you're asking"

 

"Why?" Mrs. Koo asks authoritatively.

 

"Because she is the first thing I think of when I wake up, and the last thing I think of before I sleep" Jiyong answers confidently and immediately Hyuri can feel her cheeks reddens.

 

"You would ignore all consequences? All risks?" Mrs. Koo stares at him.

 

"I would not and could not ignore the consequences. But it is something I have to deal with. Roosevelt once said, nothing in the world is worth having unless it means effort, difficulty" Jiyong replies smoothly, all fear is now gone. This is his ride or die.

 

Hyuri scrunches her face, 'Wait a second, did he just quoted Theodore Roosevelt? What a smart-arse.' She thought, despite feeling extremely flattered.

 

Mrs. Koo is now quiet, weighing both kids in front of her. She questions all of her inhibitions. What should she do? Was she being overdramatic of her worries of her daughter? Is this boy right for her?

 

As Mrs. Koo immerse herself in her thought, her brother becomes more and more impatient. He can't wait to kick the boy in the and send him back to hell, where he belongs. But his mother doesn't seem to share his feelings and it annoys him greatly.

 

The tension is so thick and Hyuri is starting to get suffocated. Her initial confidence slowly falters. She thought that her mother would use her heart, and see past their strata, but she fears that maybe her mother is not above Mika's mother after all. 'Would my mother order the Idol to forever leave me? Would she banish him? What would I do without him?' Her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter