Reassurance - GD's POV

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bell to my apartment rings thrice and fast. It's not that I take my sweet time on opening the door, it's just that my guest on the other end of the door is famously impatient that she must've expect me to open the door within a second of her arrival. The thought of her pouting just behind my door is already making me smile. Ah... I'm so whipped.

I peek on the door hole, just to make sure that the guest is whom I am truly expecting. It has become a habit of mine since a few years back to check on my guests after fans managed to find out where I live every time and knock on my door.

I unlock the door after I see her on the peeping hole, looking agitated. I open the door and she greets me with a pout and her hands fold in front of her chest. She's frowning and I can only imagine what she's going to say next.

"I waited for hours in front of your door" She complains as she steps in, welcoming herself in.

"Hours? Are we looking at the same watch?" I follow her in.

She turns on her heels, "where's your help? Why are you opening the door yourself?"

I chuckle, "I only have an ahjumma who cooks every third day, other than that, I'm all alone"

"What??!" She yelps, as expected. "How could you clean your place yourself?! I mean... Where could you even get those things to clean the floor??!"

"Mop? I could buy them anywhere. You've never seen one in stores?" I walk towards the kitchen to grab her a drink.

"Why would I? I don't go to stores intended for maid" She says nonchalantly.

If people hears her, they might immediately stamp her as a total . I don't blame them. I stamped her that too. But after i get to know her better, learning of her pasts and witnessing her innocence, all of it begin to make sense. Of course she said what she said. She never have been thought or experienced otherwise.

But that's what makes me fall for her hard. Hyuri... She's well... She's always unexpected. From the outside, she's calm, collected, cool and cold. She looks like she got the world figured out, and having a last name like her, everyone would naturally thinks so. She speaks the language of the chaebol. To her people, she speaks formally and elegantly. To people below her, she makes sure they know who owns them. She dresses high fashion that most of the items are too expensive to be even featured on "what's hot" section of Vogue. She makes sure that even without reading her name, everyone knows her status.

But behind all of that facade, is the Hyuri that I have to protect. She's innocent and gullible. She's bright and brave. She's honest and blunt. She's everything that I haven't seen.

She heads towards my living room and make her self comfortable on my black leather sofa. "Are you just going to stand there or are you going to give me my hot choco?"

I chuckle. "Oh? You want hot choco?"

She snaps her head at me, "Then what have you been doing in the kitchen?!"

I laugh out loud. She's so fun to tease. "Been making myself some ramen" I lied as I take out some choco powder out from the cabinet.

"At this hour?! You want to see me bloated tomorrow morning?!" She yelps.

"Who says its for you? Made it for myself" I answer casually.

I hear a commotion from the living room and in a matter of second she's already in front of me with her eyes bulging out. "What kind of boyfriend are you??!! You're suppose to cook for girlfriend! Not for yourself!"

I try my best to hide my laughter. "But you don't want to be bloated"

She blushes almost immediately. "Umm... Well... It's okay if its a one time thing"

"So you want some ramen?" I ask as I secretly stir her hot choco behind me.

"Yes" She says, trying to look authoritative.

I could no longer hide my smile, "but I made some hot choco for you" I reveal the hot cup of hot chocolate in my hands and the immediate beam on her face worth every single money in this earth.

She tries to calm her self down and take the hot choco coolly, "but you made me craving for some ramen now. Go cook it for me" She orders before she turns away to hide her blushing cheeks.

I immediately grabs her by the waist from behind and pull her up that she almost spill her choco. "Don't order me around, baby"

She yelps and tries to wiggle free as I take her towards my leather couch. I put her down after I put a chaste kiss on her cheeks. I couldn't help it. She's just too darn cute!!

She blushes ferociously and she tries to hide her beautiful face between her strands of hair. Automatically, my hand goes towards her and reveal that beautiful face again by tucking her hair behind her ears. With a face like that, it's a crime to hide it.

I sit right next to her, making sure no space is between us.

She looks uncomfortable, "Can you move away a bit?"

"Why?"

"You're too close" She says as she face away.

I smile. This beautiful arrogant little prick is so easy to be teased. "But I'm your boyfriend" I coo in her ears.

She shivers, "I know. But that doesn't mean that you have to be so close"

"But I miss you" I again and hide my face on her neck. Ah... The smell of her is oh so intoxicating.

She naturally leans in as I whisper on her ear. I feel her weight on my chest and the Jasmine smell of her hair fills my head. My heart rate increases involuntarily. Darn it. This is suppose to be my game but I know I'll lose if she doesn't lean away.

However, in this game, I really don't mind losing.

I wrap an arm around her and pull her closer. She snuggles to me and my heartbeat races further. Too fast, it's just too freaking fast. Just as fast as it was when she first kissed me. I like this affect, though. I don't think i can ever get bored of this.

"Hmmm" she mumbles, "You smell nice"

"I'd like to say the same thing"

"What?!!" She quickly sits straight and faces me with her face frowning. "I smell bad?!!"

I chuckle and pull her hand to put her back where she should be, leaning on me. "I'm joking, baby. I love your smell"

"You better" she mutters.

"I'll always love your smell. Don't worry" I hair and she cuddles closer.

We stay silent for a while, enjoying each other'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter