Arrival

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My heart starts beating fast again, just like how it is whenever the sight of the idol appears. The fear that consumed me slowly disperses and the nervousness evaporates. I stay frozen in my seat as I stare back at the idol who looks like he can see me from his spot even though I know he couldn’t.

 

“Isn’t that….” Junsu notices the idol.

 

“G-Dragon” I adds, my eyes locked onto the idol’s figure.

 

From the corner of my eyes, I see Junsu snapping his head at me. “What is he doing here??” He asks, completely bewildered.

 

I smile and shake my head, “I have no clue”

 

Only God knows what it is that goes inside that lunatic idol’s head. But whatever it is that’s in it now, I want to thank it for possibly rescue me from my impeding doom.

 

Junsu’s driver, who was frozen when he saw the idol, finally gather back his thought and walks towards the idol. I see them converse civilly and the idol occasionally point his finger to our direction. The driver keeps on shaking his head, telling no to whatever the idol is asking from him and soon enough, the idol looks agitated.

 

After few minutes spent talking and debating with the driver, the idol closes his door hard and marches towards us, not bothering about the nervous driver who tries his best to stop the idol.

 

Just as he reaches Junsu’s car, he immediately grab the handle of the door and open it. Unfortunately, the door that he opens is in Junsu’s side. He jerks back a little, surprise by the person that he first laid his eyes on. I bet he thought that it would be like in movies where the girl would be the first one he see.

 

“Ah… Juisonghabnida” He bows 90-degrees.

 

“Ne…” Junsu nods awkwardly. “Can I help you with anything?”

 

Before the idol could answer, the driver comes up behind him and answers it instead. “Sir, I’m so sorry. I tried to reason with him but he wouldn’t understand. He claimed that Miss Koo is his date”

 

From the side, I see Junsu’s eyebrows shot upwards in surprise. “Oh?”

 

The idol smiles triumphantly, “Yes. Now if you’ll excuse me… I don’t want my date to be late for the gala” He says as he leans down to search for me. He winks once he sees me.

 

Junsu’s body tenses and he immediately bolt outside, blocking the idol’s view of me. “I’m her date. Stop this non-sense”

 

The idol his head innocently, “Really? But I’m her date though…”

 

“I’m Han Junsu. Koo Hyuri’s date for the night. And you, you are going to make both of us late” Junsu says authoritatively.

 

“Ah…” The idol nods as if he finally found the final piece of the puzzle. “So you’re Han Junsu? The who used to make Hyuri cry during middle school?” He says with ease.

 

Junsu’s body stiffens as the idol spat his accusation point blank. I’m sure he didn’t expect the idol would know about our past nor would he bring it up. But the idol is one thing; he’s unpredictable. Even I can’t predict what he’s going to say next. It once angered me, but now I’ve accepted this idol’s weirdness.

 

“You’re the who made her skip school, made her scared of school and traumatized her.” The idol continues, “You’re the bastard who scarred the young Koo Hyuri, you’re the one whom she feared. So please, entertain me of a reason on why I should let you be her date”

 

“Watch your words!!” Junsu yells and point his finger to the idol’s face.

 

“Watch your actions first” The idol replies coldly before he walks away.

 

The idol begin to walk around the car to my side of the car, ignoring the fuming Junsu, when Junsu able to grasp his wrists and jerk him to a stop. “Where are you going?!” Junsu hisses loudly.

 

“Helping my date to get out of her jail” The idol answers before he slaps away Junsu’s grip and move to my door.

 

The idol opens it and immediately grins once he sees me. I am supporting the same stupid grin on my face as it is on his. I am happy and relieve that the idol finally shows himself. Never thought that a sight of an idol would make me happier than a sight of a chaebol.

 

He holds out his hand to which I immediately accepts. He helps me out of Junsu car and tends to my complicated dress. He made sure all beads are still intact and perfectly aligned. As the idol helps me, Junsu stares a meter away with his eyes open wide as if he doesn’t want to believe the vision.

 

Once I am out, I turn towards Junsu and bow a 90-degree, “Junsu-ssi, I’m sorry. I’ll be leaving to the gala with this man. I’ll see you in the gala”

 

I smile apologetically at Junsu who looks pale and frozen with his driver by his side. The idol, however, keeps on poking my side and whispers continuously, “hurry up, hurry up, hurry up”

 

We scurry our way to the idol’s car without waiting for Junsu’s reply. I can feel Junsu’s stare creating a hole at the back of my head but I don’t dare myself to turn and look because I’m scared that he might humiliate me somehow. Now is not the best time to get humiliated, not in front of the idol.

 

Once we are inside the idol’s car, we fasten our seatbelt and the idol quickly dashes his car onto the road ahead, leaving the dumbfounded Junsu and his driver behind in front of my gate.

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Did you see his face?? Did you??” The idol laughs heartily as he drives.

 

I giggle along with him, “He was frozen to the bone!! HAHAHA!!”

 

“Oh damn, thank God we bolt out early. I was scared that he might call in his ninjas and chop us to pieces!!” The idol rubs his face with a stupid grin still attached on his lips.

 

“You were tall and mighty though! ‘Helping my date to get out of her jail’” I mimic him.

 

“I look cool, didn’t I??” The idol pats his chest in pride.

 

I chuckle, “Yeah you did”

 

“Ck! I should play movies” He clicks his tongue arrogantly.

 

I laugh, feeling the burden and fear lifted off from my chest. I feel light again. “I thought you have to go to LA?”

 

“I sneaked out” He giggles mischievously.

 

“How??”

 

“I went through the check point and told my manager that I left something in the van. Something important. I act like I couldn’t find it and pretend to search for it for a long time until the flight takes off, leaving me on the ground”

 

“YOU ARE CRAZY!!” I shriek while he laughs in pride of his scheme.

 

“Hey, if I didn’t do it, you’d still be in the same car as your tormenter!” He defends himself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter