Options

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The silent from the other end of the line shows that he heard the word, the name, that my maid just said. I know what it means to him. I know how that name spurs him. I could see it in my head how his hand curls into a fist and his teeth gritted together to suppress his hatred.

 

“I…”

 

“Why the is he there?” He beats me to it.

 

“I don’t know” I quickly answer. I don’t want any misunderstanding.

 

“Did you invite him?” He snarls.

 

“No. I didn’t” I reply quickly.

 

“So why the is he there?!!” He shouts.

 

“I don’t know, okay?! I need to go out and talk to him to know why he’s here, don’t I?!” Every time he shouts, I feel the need to shout back. “I’ll call you later”

 

“YA! Don’t you dare hang up the phone!!”

 

“I have to go out and meet him!! I can’t stay on the phone while talking to him!!” This man is crazy at times!

 

“Don’t hang up!! Just bring your phone with you. Hold it in your hand or something! I need to hear what he has to say” He says with hate dripping from his words.

 

“AISH!!!” I punch my pillow but I do what he says anyway.

 

I walk out of my room and see Junsu standing under the chandelier. He grins once he sees me. He wears a pink polo underneath a mint sweater. He looks clean and sharp, just the way a chaebol man should be.

 

“Hello there stranger” He greets me.

 

“Hi. What’s up?” I want to ask him about his appearance in my house straight away but I know it’s not polite.

 

“Nothing much. Your mom called earlier and she told me that she has a plan later so you might be alone tonight. So I offered her to take you out and she agrees” Junsu grins wider.

 

“My mom?? Called you?? Why??” I almost scream.

 

“To thank me for the gifts I bought you” Junsu answers as if it’s obvious. “She says you look pretty wearing them and now that I hear it first hand, I can say that she is completely wrong”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You look breathtaking, mesmerizing, out of this world. I know the gifts are perfect for you” He says with a twinkle in his eyes.

 

I chuckle nervously. Oh God I hope the idol didn’t hear that. My hold on my phone tightens.

 

“Junsu!” My mother comes in looking elegant as ever. “You come in right on time”

 

“Mother, you didn’t tell me that I’d be going out with Junsu tonight” I can’t hide my displease tone.

 

“Dear, he offered some companionship for the night” She my hair.

 

“I was planning on having a night in” I reason.

 

“Nonsense. I know how bored you get when you’re at home” She dismisses my reason. I want to scream at her, ‘not when I can have a phone call with the idol for the whole night!’. But I know I shouldn’t.

 

“It’s just a business gathering, Hyuri-ah… I am dateless so I think this is more of you doing me a favor” Junsu says, realizing my reluctance over his plan.

 

“I…” I ponder over an excuse to make.

 

“Please, Hyuri? My dad would taunt me if he finds out that I am incapable of having a date to take to the gathering” Junsu begs.

 

“Dear…?” My mother taps on my back and I know it’s the cue of my submission.

 

“Alright…” I sigh. “Just let me change first” I need to explain this to the idol first and I know it’s not going to be easy.

 

“You already look perfect, Hyuri” Junsu grabs my wrist. “I’m already kinda late… so I think it would be best for us to head out now”

 

“Your dress matches Junsu, dear. You don’t need to change. You don’t want to make him late, don’t you?” My mother seconds him.

 

“But I’m…” I try to buy me some time.

 

“I told you, you look perfect” Junsu says as he place his arm on my back and guide me to his car.

 

**

 

I put on the seatbelt tightly with my heart almost burst out of my ribcage. When I get inside of his car, I took a glimpse over my phone and see that the phone call has ended. I don’t know how much he has heard or how would he react. All I can do now is wait for his comment.

 

And his comment can’t come soon enough.

 

From: Idol

What the is going on?!

Where the hell are you going?!

Why is your mom telling him to take you out?!

What gifts was he talking about?!

 

You better reply to this quick, Hyuri because

I’m going to flip tables here!!!

 

To: Idol

I am in his car on our way to his father’s

business gathering.

I don’t know why my mom called him too

I don’t know her plans

Gifts? What gifts?

 

From: Idol

I heard every word, Hyuri.

Spill.

 

Aish!

 

To: Idol

He bought me a set of jewelries.

No big deal.

 

From: Idol

Details.

 

Uh-oh.

 

To: Idol

Cartier Panthere diamond and sapphires set.

 

He doesn’t reply for a few minutes and I feel guilty immediately for telling him what Junsu had bought him. Just moments ago he told me how he felt incompetent against me and how he thinks he has nothing to offer. And here comes the chaebol son brought me jewelries that I don’t think he could easily afford.

 

To: Idol

What do you want me to do??

 

Finally, this time he replies.

 

From: Idol

You could tell your mother and Junsu

that you are dating me.

That’ll stop her from pushing

you two out.

 

What?! Is he insane!?

 

To: Idol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter