Leave

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I feel the fuzz around me. People buzzing in and out of the room, busying themselves. I smell a strong scent of disinfectant but I also notice that familiar tinge of musk that I always miss. I want to open my eyes but my eyelids are too heavy and by the feel of it, I think the room is a tad too bright. I feel a hand my head gently and through each , I feel it tremble.

 

Where am I anyway? Did the roller coaster crashed? Did we fall off the rail? If we did, how is the idol? Surely he must be okay considering that he's right next to me, brushing my hair softly. I want to wake up and ask him what happened, but the exhaustion is overwhelming. It feels like I just got out of a long coma.

 

Briskly, I hear the door opens with a bang.

 

"Where is the ?!" A raging deep voice charging in, breaking the serenity.

 

"Min-ah..." A panic voice follows in my brother's step.

 

I hear the chair next to me squeaks and I know the idol must've stand up to greet my brother and Jaeyong oppa.

 

"You..." My brother's voice is murderous. "I told her to stay away from you because I know something like this could happen!! You! An irresponsible, self-centered bastard!"

 

"I...I..." The idol stammers.

 

"Jiyong-ssi" Jaeyong oppa sounds worried, "This is Koo Hyu Min, he's HyuRi's brother"

 

"And will be your murderer" My brother adds. "She was under your care!! As a matter of fact, I knew that you didn't ask for my mother's permission to ask her out! You practically kidnap her! I swear to God if something happened to her--"

 

"I didn't know!" The idol suddenly yells in desperation. "I didn't know that she would faint! I didn't think! I--" His voice shook in grief. "I'm sorry"

 

I fight my heavy lids and open my mouth. A soft cracked voice come out. "What's going on?"

 

Everyone turns to me in a heartbeat. A relief washes all of their faces but guilt took over the idol's again after a beat.

 

"Hyuri-ah! Are you okay? Did it hurt anywhere? Are you feeling alright?" My brother runs to my side.

 

"Why are you here?" My voice is hoarse, as if I haven't been talking for a year.

 

"I called him here, Ri-ah" Jaeyong oppa offers an explanation while my brother away little strands off my face.

 

"Why did you call him? The idol is here with me" I look around confused.

 

"Well... To be honest, Jiyong-ssi is the one who asked me to" Jaeyong oppa glance to his right uncertainly.

 

There he stands, looking shock, white faced and guilty. He stands close to the wall, far away from me, as if I'm a monster. He has his disguised items all packed into one jumble and he hold them tight in his right hand, as if preparing to leave. His eyes is filled with mixture of emotion that I cant accurately comprehend. Whats going on?

 

"You're leaving?" I stare at his belongings in his hand.

 

"Ye-yeah" he says, feigning strength yet I can see his hands are trembling.

 

"Okay. Wait a minute, let me gather myself" I pull myself up with my elbow prop to the bed, holding my weight.

 

"No" he says with certainty. I look up at him. His eyes is determined.

 

"What do you mean, no?"

 

"I'm driving home myself. Your brother has come to pick you up"

 

I look at him then my brother and to Jaeyong oppa who shifts his weight uncomfortably between feet.

 

"But this is our date. You said we got the whole day." I ask the idol with confusion fills my head.

 

"Yeah, well... Our date has to end quickly." He drops his gaze and decide that the floor seems to be more entertaining than my face.

 

"You're going home with me, dongsaeng" my brother speaks authoritatively.

 

"No. I'm not. I'm going home with my boyfriend" I answer him as fiercely.

 

I see the idol shakes his head, "don't say that." He mutters.

 

"But I am going home with you!" Geez why is everyone so annoying?!

 

"No, not that. Don't call me boyfriend. At least..." He pauses, taking a big breath before he continues, "At least not anymore."

 

"What?!" I sit up straight, ignoring the sudden pang of pain that shoots my head. "What the hell is wrong with you, idol?!"

 

"Everything" he answers, finally looking up at my face. I see resentment etched to his face. "Everything is wrong with me. That's why, let's... Let's just stop"

 

I sit on the bed, speechless. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter