Ski

Ego
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sit on the lounging sofa by myself with my hand crossed on my shoulder. I pout, to show everyone in the room that I am annoyed as hell. The idol is to my right, pacing back and forth across the room as he mutters something in frustration. Mika is standing close to him with Seunghyun stands behind her. She is tapping her fingers on her thighs nervously as she looks at the pacing idol.

 

“Mika-ya” The idol finally stops in front of Mika, giving his back to me. “How the hell am I going to do this if you promised that to her?!”

 

Mika grimaces, “I don’t know what else to say…” She peeks from the idol’s side to see me, “Hyuri-ah… About that promise…”

 

“Then take me home” I cut her with certainty.

 

“Aish…” Mika return back to face the idol. “Oppa…”

 

“Argh…” He kicks the air. “Forget it…”

 

“Hyuri-ah…” Youngbae suddenly appears next to me, sitting on the hand rest as he leans towards me.

 

“Youngbae, don’t even” The idol doesn’t turn, he couldn’t have seen where Youngbae is but his voice is so cold, it's full of threat.

 

Youngbae chuckles as he returns back to his seat. “I just think Hyuri should let off her steam for a moment”

 

“I’ll do that for her” He says coldly, still has his back towards us.

 

“I don’t want you to” I reply sharply.

 

“You damn well have to!!” He suddenly turns with his facial expression hardened.

 

I sink in to the lounger for a second, surprise by his sudden outburst and I think he notices it because his eyes suddenly softens and his shoulder falls. He sighs and gulps continuously as he begins to pace back and forth again.

 

“Seriously, what is going on here?” I look around. I thought the reason why we are here is to let Mika and Seunghyun have their intimate time.

 

“We are here for a short holiday, Hyuri-ah…” Daesung turns off his iPad and put his attention back to us.

 

“I’m not here for a holiday. I’m here to help Mika”

 

“Then let’s help her” The idol turns on his heel and faces me.

 

I look at him then at Mika, wondering what he’s talking about.

 

“Mika wants to ski with hyung so we have to ski too to cover their tracks.” He explains but from behind Mika, Seunghyun is visibly paling.

 

“Okay” I agree.

 

“Okay?” The idol seems surprise by my sudden acceptance of his idea.

 

“Yeah” I stand, “I want to ski anyway. I’ll go first”

 

“No” He suddenly stands in front of me, barely a meter away, “We have to go in partners so when Mika is with hyung, it’s not suspicious”

 

“Okay” I agree again, not wanting to prolonged this discussion, and turn to see Youngbae still on the couch, “Youngbae oppa, want to be my partner?”

 

Youngbae grins as he quickly stands, “I’d be happy to--”

 

“ANDWEI!!!!” The idol quickly grab my shoulder and turn me back to him before he realized his distance and take a step back nervously, “I mean, if you with Youngbae and news caught you, it’ll go out of proportion. He’s never been seen with a girl before”

 

“Daesung oppa…?” I tilt my head to see Daesung who grins at his name.

 

“NO!” The idol yell again, “If you go with Daesung… his girlfriend will get mad”

 

“You have a girlfriend?” I look questioningly at Daesung. I’ve never heard him mentioned anything about his girlfriend before.

 

Daesung looks at me then turns to see the idol. The idol doesn’t say a word, he simply glares down at Daesung who immediately sighs in defeat, “I guess I have a girlfriend” Daesung says dejectedly.

 

“Oh… Seung---”

 

“He’ll you” The idol quickly cut me midsentence.

 

“HEY!” Seungri protests while the rest snickers.

 

“I’m your only candidate” He declares with his hands props on his waist to show his full confidence.

 

“Not necessarily. You guys can go in pairs. I’ll ski alone” I grab my beanie and put them on, preparing to leave.

 

The idol quickly grabs me by the elbow and turns me to face him again. His eyes pleading and his figure slouching in defeat, “Just… ski with me.”

 

Before I could reject him again and warn him of his distance, Youngbae suddenly offers an idea, “Why don’t we just all ski together?”

 

I hear the idol growls in front of me as his grip on my elbow tightens.

 

“I think that’s a good idea, hyung” Seungri cheerfully agrees.

 

“Yeah, I think that’s the best” Daesung chirps.

 

“Okay. I’ll ski with you guys” I wrap my scarves tighter around my neck as I brush off his grip, “But if any of you slowed me down, I’ll leave you”

 

I walk towards the door, wanting to grab my ski equipment from Mika’s car when I hear Youngbae whispers something to someone so soft I almost didn’t catch it.

 

“At least this way she’ll be around you”

 

***

 

We are all wrapped in our own ski uniform, ready to roll. I am excited the moment we step out onto the snow. For a second, I forgot about the idol and the ache that goes along with him. All I see is a white on top of white, ready for me to roll on. Mika stands on my right, linking her arm with mine.

 

“At last, you finally look happy” She smiles at me.

 

“I get to ski, of course I am” I return the smile before I notice the rigid statue beside her. “What’s going on with your boyfriend?”

 

She chuckles, “He can’t ski…”

 

“WHAT?” I scream but quickly muffled by Mika’s hand.

 

“Shhh… Don’t embarrass him!” She hisses.

 

“Then why are we here if he can’t ski??” I hiss back.

 

“Errr…” her eyes suddenly turns blank and grins nervously at me, “He wants me to teach him…?”

 

“Is that a question or a statement?” I stare at her accusingly.

 

“A statement! Yes! We’re here because I want to teach him ski! Right, oppa??” She quickly grabs his neck to make h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter